Thread: sick and tired of PERMA nerfs

Primallist must nerf then nerf Nightblade
    <Unicef>
    Hyung@Deepwood, Zonna@Deepwood, Zopop@Deepwood
    Zentoo@deepwood, Zotto@deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jsjoe View Post
    Primallist must nerf then nerf Nightblade
    Yep I support this, Nightblade should be as strong as 31 Primal Lord and Marksman should be every bit as strong as 31 Vulcanist, I don't see why not.

+1

Also give all classes an no ramp up, one button instant global anyone you see in WF spec as well.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-16-2017 at 01:00 AM.

The context is balance. Nerfs are fine as long as competitive DPS specs from each calling can actually "compete".
    I don't mind if all callings are nerfed to lets say 1mil because the 5-15% difference in DPS is what makes raiding fun and serious.
    For example, a 40k dps in difference depending on spec/raid mechanics/spec cooldown will clearly show whoever the better player is or maybe it's luck. And that will be acceptable by the vast majority. Hence less complains about class balance.
    But right now the disparity between the highest parsing specs from some callings is massive (up to 40% or 700k st dps).

Prims literally have the best performing spec for each role and that needs to change. (not salty here, just stating facts, my prim alt is stupidly overpowered and I dislike playing it).

Meanwhile primal lords doing 1.9mil sustained ST dps , warrior specs exploit stacking infinite amount of buffs/debuffs...
    Shows that nerf is just too simplistic, more universal changes are necessary.
    New players are usually really confused about endgame RIFT when I tell them 2 primalist dps = 3 mage/warrior dps or 4=6 which is sometimes the case for runs without primalist. "Why should I play anything other than primalist then?" or "RIFT is so P2W, fk this I am out" are the two common responses from new players that are just looking to try out MMOs. It's sad but true.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-16-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsjoe View Post
    Nice try screenshot after avatar with EB on 67 dummy.
    It's more than meets the eye .
    Its just plain broken i started today just playing arround with primalist and with 18k ap 3k cp and all green gear no rings no cape no trinket my eternal still not once upgraded and i have no clue to wht i am doing still because i played with it like 15m and i am bursting 1M and holding about 500 to 600k on the 67 dummy so please dont even start m8.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Rift Master

Don't get me wrong, i think ballance as a whole is a joke atm, especially when it comes to primalists, but to see rogues the loudest ones here crying about it is just priceless .

And yes there is a bug with warrior legendary buffs/debuffs, but no one in their right mind will be trying to make them stack before a fight, let a lone every fight. Not to mention if the pull doesn't start wihin 15-20s of the summon (or other down phases) it goes puff, but your hit for the instance doesn't magically increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Don't get me wrong, i think ballance as a whole is a joke atm, especially when it comes to primalists, but to see rogues the loudest ones here crying about it is just priceless .

And yes there is a bug with warrior legendary buffs/debuffs, but no one in their right mind will be trying to make them stack before a fight, let a lone every fight. Not to mention if the pull doesn't start wihin 15-20s of the summon (or other down phases) it goes puff, but your hit for the instance doesn't magically increase.
    Cmon dude you know rogues in our raids doing 100-150k more than you or bunny not like your alt doing more than your main xD, I wouldn't complain if your warrior did 100k or 150k more than me like last week but your primalist we both know undergeared than your main and me outdpsing both of us.
    Last edited by aileen; 08-16-2017 at 06:17 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

too many rogues has a mind of false uniqueness
    <Unicef>
    Hyung@Deepwood, Zonna@Deepwood, Zopop@Deepwood
    Zentoo@deepwood, Zotto@deepwood

YALL READY FOR THE PATCH NOTES? I SURE AM
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post

Maybe patch-notes doesn't include whole of it yet.

I'm expecting huge thing. Can't feel it now. I don't believe this would be all for this week.
    Last edited by MusclPig; 08-16-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    And all we got was a fix for Paragon!

The mentality just isn't right since 4.0. The reason I said something here is because of some of the weird logic from previous posts that didn't make sense at all. "If top class is getting nerfed, second highest performing class should get slapped down as well".

sick and tired of PERMA nerfs-qq-20170816073516.png

sick and tired of PERMA nerfs-qq-20170816073544.png

Some simple bar graphs could explain the issue right now:

sick and tired of PERMA nerfs-qq-20170816073057.jpg

Still thinks that balanced? Who you kidding?

This might be better, but still needs tuning:

sick and tired of PERMA nerfs-qq-20170816073159.jpg

It's straightforward, if people think prim does too much, nerf prim, if prim "2mil dps" is the standard, balance around 2mil DPS, and buff everyone else.

OP was just complaining about DEVs mistakenly or deliberately nerfed an ability and still didn't resolve the original issue. I agree that nerfs really need to more precise, rationale, logical and thoroughly tested weeks or days prior to implementation to live servers.

As for the warrior legendary infinite stacking buff/debuff issue, again it's the mindset that is screwed, doesn't matter if bugs caused negative damage or quadrillion damage, if it's a glitch, a major one, it needs fixing, period. No comment needed.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-16-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    The mentality just isn't right since 4.0. The reason I said something here is because of some of the weird logic from previous posts that didn't make sense at all. "If top class is getting nerfed, second highest performing class should get slapped down as well".

Attachment 31932

Attachment 31933

Some simple bar graphs could explain the issue right now:

Attachment 31930

Still thinks that balanced? Who you kidding?

This might be better, but still needs tuning:

Attachment 31931

It's straightforward, if people think prim does too much, nerf prim, if prim "2mil dps" is the standard, balance around 2mil DPS, and buff everyone else.

As for the warrior legendary infinite stacking buff/debuff issue, again it's the mindset that is screwed, doesn't matter if bugs caused negative damage or quadrillion damage, if it's a glitch, a major one, it needs fixing, period. No comment needed.

Agree with needs of nerf on primal.

But isn't it ridiculous? Why the standard for prim is top high-end while other class's numbers are just "highest only in pug"

Primalists who can pull 2mil are less than 5 in NA.

If you stated it as 1.8mil, I would agree. Or just write other class's top high-end dps.

I'll correct your state of numbers to right numbers to "top high-end dps's number". not pug top number. If you don't agree with this, your graph is a just low quality instigation.

Rogue : 1.7mil for that 1min st.
    War, Mage, Cleric : 1.5~1.6 mil.

Prim's 2mil dps shows the legit statement only when you write other class's dps as above.

So nerf prim's dmg about 300~400k is legit. Or buff other class.

And if the standard of buff and nerf is focusing on average dps, that number for prim should be 5~600k.

But I don't believe it would terminate crying. lol
    Last edited by MusclPig; 08-16-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    <Unicef>

Still gonna be the same point that has been circulating around. Prim is the outlier and we know it, numbers are just examples for visual effects. If you get the idea, then good. (ignore the who can pull 2mil DPS thing).

Saying that other classes can be 20-30% below prim if they try hard, doesn't really help~~ or doesn't prevent wrong Prim abilities from being nerfed.

Maybe post suggestions to help out DEVs is the right direction to go.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-16-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Still gonna be the same point that has been circulating around. Prim is the outlier and we know it, numbers are just examples. If you get the idea, then good. (ignore the who can do 2mil DPS thing).

Saying that other classes can be 20% behind prim doesn't really help~~

Maybe post suggestions to help out DEVs is the right direction to go.
    Better than 50% like in your graph.

For me, it just seems instigation or made by ignorant of situation. Don't you think comparing should be done in fair standard?

If nerfs are executed based on 50%, I would feel very unhappy.

If the width of nerf is in 20%~35%, I think everyone will feel happier than this, and even I can satisfy with it.

How do you think about
    Last edited by MusclPig; 08-16-2017 at 07:17 AM.
    <Unicef>

now we're talking, basically less % of singular ability being slapped and more tuning across the board. Maybe even suggest certain abilities that need changes.

I feel like seminar or polls between players and DEVs are probably a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast