+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player need advice

Soulwalker

Default New Player need advice

Hi All,

I'm a new player to Rift (mostly) played the beta but never came back until now. Not new to MMO's but I am struggling to find the information I'm looking for online. Unlike WoW and other MMO's which seem to have great community driven sites (WoWhead and such) Rift appears to have nothing like this. I have a few questions relating directly to the Primalist and a couple newb questions that I will post here rather than making two posts one here and one in newcomer. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Primalist Specific first.
    1. Is there a leveling spec I should be using to make life easier?
    2. I play Tanks in almost every MMO, is it viable/worth it to tank while leveling or does it slow down progression to much.
    3. What professions would benefit the primalist the most if any?
    4. Maybe this should have been question one, but is the Primalist (Tank mainly, but DPS as well) a good endgame class? (PVE Raids and Content, I generally don't PVP)

Newb Questions
    Really just looking for any tips and or advice for a new player. Addons that are needed or quality of life improvements and the best place to find information on this game are the two that come to mind. Any newb advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and cheers!

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Evolintent13 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm a new player to Rift (mostly) played the beta but never came back until now. Not new to MMO's but I am struggling to find the information I'm looking for online. Unlike WoW and other MMO's which seem to have great community driven sites (WoWhead and such) Rift appears to have nothing like this. I have a few questions relating directly to the Primalist and a couple newb questions that I will post here rather than making two posts one here and one in newcomer. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Primalist Specific first.
    1. Is there a leveling spec I should be using to make life easier?
    2. I play Tanks in almost every MMO, is it viable/worth it to tank while leveling or does it slow down progression to much.
    3. What professions would benefit the primalist the most if any?
    4. Maybe this should have been question one, but is the Primalist (Tank mainly, but DPS as well) a good endgame class? (PVE Raids and Content, I generally don't PVP)

Newb Questions
    Really just looking for any tips and or advice for a new player. Addons that are needed or quality of life improvements and the best place to find information on this game are the two that come to mind. Any newb advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and cheers!
    1. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...orld-spec.html
    2. You will kill anything as tank but it will be very slow, better to use solo spec above.
    3. Professions are irrelevant to callings (and almost irrelevant in general) now.
    4. Just recently primalist was top dps far ahead of everybody else. Last 2 patches it was nerfed. FOTM will change many times while you leveling - nobody knows what it will be.

Because of constant nerfs top dps guides for primalist are not published on forums anymore.

Proper raiding almost impossible without addons. You will need at least: dps meter, kbm, kalert/gadgets.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Default New Player need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    1. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...orld-spec.html
    2. You will kill anything as tank but it will be very slow, better to use solo spec above.
    3. Professions are irrelevant to callings (and almost irrelevant in general) now.
    4. Just recently primalist was top dps far ahead of everybody else. Last 2 patches it was nerfed. FOTM will change many times while you leveling - nobody knows what it will be.

Because of constant nerfs top dps guides for primalist are not published on forums anymore.

Proper raiding almost impossible without addons. You will need at least: dps meter, kbm, kalert/gadgets.

Thank you, the build is a noticeable improvement over the Dervish starter one. Figured there were some must have addons, i'll check them out. Thank you again!

+ Reply to Thread