+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New soul feedback

Shadowlander

Default New soul feedback

So I've been putting time in playing my Primalist solely based on the assumption that when the new souls come out they will be awesome.
    Right now there's really only 2 specs I play that I feel are 'meh' and the only thing pushing me forward is the hope of the new souls.
    I realize that things can change quickly when it comes to PTS, but has anyone who has put some time into checking the new souls out comment as to whether you feel they are worth the wait or lackluster?

Shadowlander

I was really holding out for a pet soul at last. It never came which is disappointing when this is the class that is supposed to be connected to the wilds. They should have the most exciting pets of all the classes

I cant see anything in the new souls that makes them a different experience to the old. I rolled a Primal Lord and I can't figure out how you're supposed to engage with a mob other than walking up to them and hitting them. There's no charge or ranged spells. I guess you're supposed to roll a second soul specifically to achieve that.Seems odd to me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Barbinrehard View Post
    . I rolled a Primal Lord and I can't figure out how you're supposed to engage with a mob other than walking up to them and hitting them. There's no charge or ranged spells. I guess you're supposed to roll a second soul specifically to achieve that.Seems odd to me.
    you get a blink... and you can easily use a couple points in dervish for the charge. you also get a charge from PA... if you're STILL not satisfied you can spec into other souls to get some kind of ranged skill... so many options. please read your skillbook.

edit : 0 point vulcanist gives free 30m instant fury blast. ez lyfe.

also, please, DONT give primalist a pet class. pets are annoying (unless they are super OP like the druid's satyr, compared to him, all other pets are complete garbage)
    Last edited by fantasyy; 07-21-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Ascendant

People really playing the new dps souls when Vulcanist is easier and vastly superior?

Shadowlander

Tried the derv/pred build in the guides section ... .not much PVE experience with it yet, but my PVP dps went up about 50% using that spec.
    I dont like having to relly on Primal Avatar in pvp since if you die you have to wait for the CD and you are basically useless until then ... but its pretty beastly when its up. Obviously, other classes got some love too ... warriors just walking around like 'quick death' aaaaaand ur dead.

Still trying to see if i like the playstyle of the full PL or predator builds ...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    People really playing the new dps souls when Vulcanist is easier and vastly superior?
    yeeeeah, righto.

got any tips? i dont see any vulc guides that can match primal lord.
    a.k.a. slap matt

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    yeeeeah, righto.

got any tips? i dont see any vulc guides that can match primal lord.
    Why would they post guides when Vulcanist is clearly broken in raid with 5 million dps burst in raid?

Last thing you want to do is let Keyens or Vladd find out they royally ****ed up again when it comes to Primalist and how their Vulcanist "QoL" fix buffed Vulcanst to a point it made pre-nerf Vulstrom look like an underpowered pos.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-22-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Why would they post guides when Vulcanist is clearly broken in raid with 5 million dps burst in raid?

Last thing you want to do is let Keyens or Vladd find out they royally ****ed up again when it comes to Primalist and how their Vulcanist "QoL" fix buffed Vulcanst to a point it made pre-nerf Vulstrom look like an underpowered pos.
    "tips". i can figure out the rest. i dont need a guide like im some kind of filthy casual.
    a.k.a. slap matt

Ascendant

The entire purpose of the two new primalist dps souls?

The Primal Lord and Predator souls are nothing but subsouls used by full vulcanist.

There's nothing to talk about really, there's no reason to play the other two. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Rift Disciple

The Primal Lord and Predator souls are nothing but subsouls used by full vulcanist.

There's nothing to talk about really, there's no reason to play the other two. Sorry, that's just how it is.
    thanks.

will check it out.
    a.k.a. slap matt

Rift Disciple

I tried to use Predator as a primary with other souls but could not get it to work well but as a sub soul to dervish it does pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread