+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • 3 Post By Gilgad

Thread: which souls are playable currently?

Default which souls are playable currently?

hey guys. I decided to give this another go. I understand the healing tree is... dead

However, I am curious as to what specs are not dead and are at least competitive.
    I have dumped a lot of time and money into the toon and I would like to make it my main and have been so turned off to the game since trying to force this to work as a healer.

Is tanking viable? is ranged/melee dps viable? uh... do we have a support tree yet? lol

and of those that are viable, is there up to date info out there or am i going ot just have to figure this out myself? I am capable of googling but the vids i have found are old and idk if thats currently up to date for the most recently patch.
    Nitelyte | Preserver | Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Tanking is viable. Ranged DPS is viable, but can be hard to play (Maelstrom). You could also play 1 button dervish from the guides section, though it's scheduled for a 15-20%ish nerf on Wednesday.

Berserker is good melee aoe, but just tragic single target. We do not have a single target melee dps. No support yet.

I'd say check again after 4.2, when we're getting 2 ST melee souls, a support soul, and an aoe heal soul.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Tanking is viable. Ranged DPS is viable, but can be hard to play (Maelstrom). You could also play 1 button dervish from the guides section, though it's scheduled for a 15-20%ish nerf on Wednesday.

Berserker is good melee aoe, but just tragic single target. We do not have a single target melee dps. No support yet.

I'd say check again after 4.2, when we're getting 2 ST melee souls, a support soul, and an aoe heal soul.
    I'm having some success with a non-subduction variant. Edit: Actually, almost as good as pre-nerf subduction. Beats having to deal with Maelstroms RNGfest anyways.
    Last edited by Wynford; 05-26-2017 at 01:44 AM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Man, this class is such a struggle, but i keep hanging out because i don't want to level again and idk if my clerics worth going back to right now ( for healing )

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by WildKatt View Post
    Man, this class is such a struggle, but i keep hanging out because i don't want to level again and idk if my clerics worth going back to right now ( for healing )
    primalist is legit one of the easiest classes to play right now... what problems are you having with healing? are you interested in tanking? and the dps builds are extremely simple. have you tried the builds on the forum? what issues are you running into?

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    primalist is legit one of the easiest classes to play right now... what problems are you having with healing? are you interested in tanking? and the dps builds are extremely simple. have you tried the builds on the forum? what issues are you running into?
    Do you have a Prim for yourself or are just talking based on what you think is true?

Prim isnt easy, not if you want to be viable. sure there are some simple 1 button specs but they are not even near optimal, specially with the upcoming nerfs.

Maelstrom is pretty much the way to go for dps, with all the things to track, which all go to waste if you aint sold your soul to RNGesus.

and healing, well only ST heal. not good at all for ae heal fans. maybe before essence strike got nerfed lol.
    And its also crap in PvP

Funny how most of the people who call Prim out to be simple are those who dont Prim, themselves.
    Last edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia; 05-26-2017 at 02:51 AM.

you made quite the assumption there amigo... and youre completely wrong. i have a primalist. i can heal just fine. i can tank just fine i can dps just fine. i can raid just fine. i can pvp just fine. i can open world just fine.

seems to me that you're more interested in searching out excuses to tell people they're wrong than actually being helpful or even enjoying the game.

how about stop telling people what wont work and start helping people figure some stuff out? cant be helpful? then just go away.
    What he is saying isn't incorrect however. Primalist is by far the most gimped class in multiple aspects and always will be unstable. The range between an excelled Primalist player and a simple Primalist player is massive. There is no middle ground.

For the OP - Primalist has the highest potential damage after next week, however it also has the highest skill cap - Maelstrom. You also need to be in melee to min-max, clip a channel, balance between cunning/harmony/fury within 5 second windows, refresh 3 dots, react to RNG procs, react to instant cast procs, have a 0.3s reaction time and able to decide what is the next best course of action every single GCD.

For healing, Primalist AOE does not exist, it's not terrible however, it is viable due to the raw overhealing you can perform, however in a fight like Scarn with low DPS where you essentially have to AOE burst heal for over 10s, there isn't much you can do outside Deer. For raiding and PVE content, Primalist (Preserver) is currently the strongest TANK healer in the game due to only healing one target at a time, and able to use a 400k heal + shield on the tank every 2s, along with insane cooldowns and a mini-divine favour. For PVP however, Primalist (Preserver) is the worst healer, due to target swapping and Preserver mechanics having the hardest target swapping for heals currently, as well as having your Healing build focused around absorbs which get double dip nerfed in PVP. It also revolves around keeping your primary target in a bubble at all times which doesn't follow them, so unfortunately PVP Preserver simply isn't viable 90% of the time, and when it is viable, it is the lowest performing healer.

Tank is currently the strongest tank for Raw Mitigation, passive healing, passive shielding and cooldowns. Tank is a very solid choice for Primalist and has been since release.

Support doesn't exist. Primalist currently has the highest "Legit" AOE sustained DPS in the game (2.2m outside raid 3m in raid) however is restrictive to again, a non-moveable GTAE. Typhoon is however trumped by a current bugged Nightblade spec - which will be removed next week as well.

Currently Primalist can be played easy mode via 1 button specs and be viable for all current raid content, aside from Priestess if your team cannot all pull the required DPS.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 05-26-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    What he is saying isn't incorrect however. Primalist is by far the most gimped class in multiple aspects and always will be unstable.

The range between an excelled Primalist player and a simple Primalist player is massive. There is no middle ground.
    i agree. but it is not an unplayable class by any means. it was said when the class was created it will really show the difference in player skill level. but if a new player, like WildKatt, really likes the class but is struggling to make it work i can at least try to help with some starter builds and tips to get him going in the game and enjoying himself instead of just being frustrated that he isnt performing.

Maybe some of the dps builds aren't *the best* builds but it will get him in the game. Maybe primalist healing isnt *the easiest* right now but it can be done. I've never had a problem with primalist tanking, but if they're having issues with that hopefully i can help there too.

basically somebody asked for help with their primalist, i asked what areas he needed help with, tried to be encouraging and tell them "it can be done" and apparently that response was unacceptable somehow.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 05-26-2017 at 04:12 AM.

wow great info guys thanks. As far as my statement about it being a struggle. I posted a bit ago but im pretty sure i was talking about how bad it felt previously in NT trying to heal on.

Basically if you are not a Puri you don't tank heal, then i had FK to compete with too. I pref to raid heal honestly but i really enjoyed my Primalist. I had a lot to watch and a lot to think about though on my Primalist. which in fact did make it fun until i realized how terrible the class was at the time. So i felt like i was working super hard just to be crap anyways.

It was impossible to heal the whole raid in the few raids I did try to do. There were 1 shot mechanics I felt I could not react to i had to just know it was coming about 5-8 seconds ahead of time.

I really enjoy the class and I am very hopeful about the comments you guys have been leaving me lately.

I however found previously I was spending a lot of time starring at my buffs and making sure ot use X before Y before Z to get the biggest weak shields or instant cast heals or just the most out of it i could just to not be terrible :P where as healing on my Cleric Warden was just use your CDs at the right time, regen mana during any and all down time, and blow your load for AoE.... KING.... then puri was just king with your eyes closed, but I don't really enjoy Puri too much and I was so sold on my Primalist that when i realized they were not too hot in raids for healing i just kinda gave up.

I did try Maelstrom for a bit and it was fun but there was just so much t o remember and I was already invested in raiding i n another game I didn't want to dump so much time into the toon and decided to just be casual or play a class that was infinitely easier for the same or slightly less outcome.

anyways TL;DR I am happy to hear Primalist is a good tank healer now. I am glad to know there are other decent specs than Maelstrom, but I'm not happy to hear Maelstrom is still a poop stain to play lol.

i agree. but it is not an unplayable class by any means. it was said when the class was created it will really show the difference in player skill level. but if a new player, like WildKatt, really likes the class but is struggling to make it work i can at least try to help with some starter builds and tips to get him going in the game and enjoying himself instead of just being frustrated that he isnt performing.

Maybe some of the dps builds aren't *the best* builds but it will get him in the game. Maybe primalist healing isnt *the easiest* right now but it can be done. I've never had a problem with primalist tanking, but if they're having issues with that hopefully i can help there too.

basically somebody asked for help with their primalist, i asked what areas he needed help with, tried to be encouraging and tell them "it can be done" and apparently that response was unacceptable somehow.
    I have actually literally not healed since Early Vanilla before they downsized the server list for the first time hahaha. It might be worth looking at. I am typically a Support of some kind (Healer or tank), but I am also learning to play Ranged DPS in Wow which I am so far enjoying taking a back seat as a mindless grunt :P

Thanks for the input I will see if I can find updated info. I will also give Preserver another chance. It has been nearly a year since I played it. I just for whatever reason forgot Rift actually updates it's game... lol (but it is slow..)

+ Reply to Thread