+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xydru

Thread: Can we talk about PA: Wind Serpent? (rant included)

Default Can we talk about PA: Wind Serpent? (rant included)

The thing is an abomination imo. When I first started playing Primalist back when it was released, I thought Dervish was a cool earth/air melee soul that had similarities to Shaman, which was my favorite Cleric DPS soul. Then, Primal Avatar; Wind Serpent.

Now, when I look at the tools Dervish has (a charge, pull, defy death, melee aoe, some disconnect capability)) it clearly looks like a melee soul. When you add in PA: WS as it is now, it turns that melee soul into a full-time ranged soul, baring Whirling Dervish (which I thought was one of the cooler abilities for Dervish; I always wanted a Whirwind spec), but still gets to keep its melee tools.

PA: Wind Serpent not only give Dervish abilities 35 range and removes cast times from its air abilities, but it give 35 range to single target abilities and removes cast times for every Primalist ability. Instant cast Scald, Effervescent Blast, Precision Bolt, and whatever else there is. What's worse is the avatar does nothing to help 28/31 point Dervish.

Why does PA: WS need to give Primalist so much? Shouldn't Primal Avatars be specifically tailored to their respective souls? Shouldn't they favor 28/31 point investments?

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    The thing is an abomination imo. When I first started playing Primalist back when it was released, I thought Dervish was a cool earth/air melee soul that had similarities to Shaman, which was my favorite Cleric DPS soul. Then, Primal Avatar; Wind Serpent.

Now, when I look at the tools Dervish has (a charge, pull, defy death, melee aoe, some disconnect capability)) it clearly looks like a melee soul. When you add in PA: WS as it is now, it turns that melee soul into a full-time ranged soul, baring Whirling Dervish (which I thought was one of the cooler abilities for Dervish; I always wanted a Whirwind spec), but still gets to keep its melee tools.

PA: Wind Serpent not only give Dervish abilities 35 range and removes cast times from its air abilities, but it give 35 range to single target abilities and removes cast times for every Primalist ability. Instant cast Scald, Effervescent Blast, Precision Bolt, and whatever else there is. What's worse is the avatar does nothing to help 28/31 point Dervish.

Why does PA: WS need to give Primalist so much? Shouldn't Primal Avatars be specifically tailored to their respective souls? Shouldn't they favor 28/31 point investments?

/rant
    Applauds.

10char

+ Reply to Thread