+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I assign fonts to a macro but keep them from reapplying themselves if active?

Soulwalker

Default Can I assign fonts to a macro but keep them from reapplying themselves if active?

Hey guys. I have never really liked using macros, but the aftershock nerf is forcing me into it to get anything out of the class.

I have a pretty good dervish/typhoon cleave spec going on that is working great for dungeons and planar invasions.

I have a single target macro that is pretty basic that I use with font of savagery, and a little more complicated rotation and macro for aoe/cleave that I use with font of frenzy.

So, can I add the fonts to my macros but have them not just constantly reapply themselves?

Here's what I'm working with:

single target

#show lashing wind
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Spiritualism
    cast storm rage
    cast aftershock
    cast lashing wind

My aoe/cleave uses Torrential Rain on it's own button, and Hail Volley and Cloudburst on their own buttons which get used based on the number of targets that are up. The spam macro is:

#show storm rage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast spiritualism
    cast storm rage
    cast icy shards
    cast low stability
    cast aftershock
    cast wind shear

Again, if I could tie my fonts in with these without screwing things up, it would make it super easy to just swap back and forth between spam buttons as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by wvjeepguy81 View Post
    Hey guys. I have never really liked using macros, but the aftershock nerf is forcing me into it to get anything out of the class.

I have a pretty good dervish/typhoon cleave spec going on that is working great for dungeons and planar invasions.

I have a single target macro that is pretty basic that I use with font of savagery, and a little more complicated rotation and macro for aoe/cleave that I use with font of frenzy.

So, can I add the fonts to my macros but have them not just constantly reapply themselves?

Here's what I'm working with:

single target

#show lashing wind
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Spiritualism
    cast storm rage
    cast aftershock
    cast lashing wind

My aoe/cleave uses Torrential Rain on it's own button, and Hail Volley and Cloudburst on their own buttons which get used based on the number of targets that are up. The spam macro is:

#show storm rage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast spiritualism
    cast storm rage
    cast icy shards
    cast low stability
    cast aftershock
    cast wind shear

Again, if I could tie my fonts in with these without screwing things up, it would make it super easy to just swap back and forth between spam buttons as needed.
    No

/10characters

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Soulwalker

One of my builds REQUIRES this macro:

#show Font of Wit
    cancelbuff Font of Savagery
    cast Font of Wit

This is because Font of Wit does NOT replace Font of Savagery if Font of Savagery is active.

Alternatively, just right click on your active Savagery to kill it before casting Wit.

Savagery WILL replace Wit without the need to remove Wit first.

You'll need to check how Font of Frenzy fits into the hierarchy.

I doubt this is a bug because it has been the case for so long now It is probably called a feature.
    Last edited by Zaywot; 04-04-2017 at 05:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread