+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Game Breaking Vulcanist Bugs.

Default Game Breaking Vulcanist Bugs.

Cant cast molten wave with a primalist targetted.

Vorpal Salvo legendary & the passive goes away randomly when you: Die, Swap Zones, Swap Specs, Get Purged, literally randomly as well for no apparent reason. If you consume the passive buff legendary vorpal salvo gives you via using a stroke of brilliance, for whatever reason theres around an ~80% chance of legendary vorpal salvo just switching off - triple damage included

Beacon is only 30m with range increase mastery, needs to be 35m.

Molten wave range realistically needs to be increased to 35m, the range is never specified, only guessed and considering its a core part of vulcanist, we shouldnt be forced to play at ~20m, with a really, really, REALLY non-pvp friendly ability.

Skill shot needs its pvp reduction removed, it tickles less then SOB as a 28 point 10s CD ability.

Ethereal beam crit rate is very bugged.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 03-30-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Champion

Vorpal is just really wonky in general right now. It doesn't display the cd properly half the time, and the other half it isn't proccing at all / correctly. The shame part of it is that I don't actually mind it the way it is now, if it were working as intended. Didn't realize they were gonna keep the 3x component and add and brilliance proc, they go together nicely.

Also, ethereal beam also isn't displaying the proper cd for me.

Vulcanist seems really good now (I can't minmax maelstrom good enough to pull better numbers with it) so I hope this stuff gets fixed.

can we turn this into a game breaking primalist bug thread? switching to or from legendary deluge renders the cd invisible at random intervals in combat. sometimes a reloadui fixes, sometimes i need to relog
    - Raqd

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

This has been forwarded to the Systems team for review and discussion.
    Thanks for the input!
    ;-)#

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    This has been forwarded to the Systems team for review and discussion.
    Thanks for the input!
    ;-)#
    Thanks - found the actual bug that removes vorpal salvo, if you consume the passive buff legendary vorpal salvo gives you via using a stroke of brilliance, for whatever reason theres around an ~80% chance of legendary vorpal salvo just switching off - triple damage included.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Thanks - found the actual bug that removes vorpal salvo, if you consume the passive buff legendary vorpal salvo gives you via using a stroke of brilliance, for whatever reason theres around an ~80% chance of legendary vorpal salvo just switching off - triple damage included.
    any word on if their gonna fix it ?

Rift Chaser

Best I could do for trying to reproduce the Vorpal Salvo bug in a simple way -

Made a spec that's 8 vulc/0 derv/0 maelstrom

Filled out bottom of tree for the 8 points. Legendary Vorpal Salvo is the only legendary taken.

Legendary Vorpal salvo will work fine. BUT, when you change to a different role, then change back, casting Stroke of Brilliance will cause Legendary Vorpal Salvo to break, and just be normal Vorpal Salvo.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Best I could do for trying to reproduce the Vorpal Salvo bug in a simple way -

Made a spec that's 8 vulc/0 derv/0 maelstrom

Filled out bottom of tree for the 8 points. Legendary Vorpal Salvo is the only legendary taken.

Legendary Vorpal salvo will work fine. BUT, when you change to a different role, then change back, casting Stroke of Brilliance will cause Legendary Vorpal Salvo to break, and just be normal Vorpal Salvo.
    It also bugs out whenever you enter an instance. You gotta reset your soul each time it happens for LVS to work with SoB.
    Last edited by Wynford; 04-20-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    It also bugs out whenever you enter an instance. You gotta reset your soul each time it happens for LVS to work with SoB.
    "Don't pull yet guys, I gotta respec real quick"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    "Don't pull yet guys, I gotta respec real quick"
    Well you only have to do it once at the start of the raid (and if you change specs/role in between) and it takes at most 10 seconds to do. So its not a massive inconvenience by any means, but yeah a bit annoying.
    Last edited by Wynford; 04-21-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Well you only have to do it once at the start of the raid (and if you change specs/role in between) and it takes at most 10 seconds to do. So its not a massive inconvenience by any means, but yeah a bit annoying.
    it's costly tho =/

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    it's costly tho =/
    Yeah I agree. And I think some other legendaries behave this way.

At least it makes the "hybrid" spec do 50-70k~ more dps, and makes it fully ranged.

Shadowlander

Regarding loss of LVS... seems to happen to me quite often but haven't been able to pinpoint. I have been able to reproduce casting Stroke of Brillance at Perfect Harmony but happens outside of that as well. I have just removed SoB from my rotation altogether. Hope this gets fixed because adds another fun element to the rotation and improved dps.

I have been able to reset LVS by changing my lvl 64 mastery and saving. You can then change it back to the desired ability. Faster than having to respec.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MizzerMage View Post
    I have been able to reset LVS by changing my lvl 64 mastery and saving. You can then change it back to the desired ability. Faster than having to respec.
    Great find, thank you. Much better than having to respec for sure.

Soulwalker

Geting close to 2 months now since the first post and still no fix. ETA?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast