+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gilgad
  • 1 Post By Deeew
  • 1 Post By Gilgad

Thread: Preserver Suggestions

Default Preserver Suggestions

So IMO preserver in pvp is lacking, not sure what plans there are at the moment, but here's basically what I gathered if it helps.

Sitting there inside Serenity and using Deluge-inundate-inundate with Natures Blessing on you works fantastic, you are doing reliable HPS and APS.

The problems are:

1) You need to be in Serenity, so when trying to heal a target.. well.. they move. If they aren't, you really notice, because Legendary Deluge is a huge APS and HPS boost when used every 3rd GCD while inside Serenity.

2) You can't put Nature's blessing on yourself, but to keep up with other healers at the moment in PVP, as it really is lacking, not sure if there could be a replacement in general to Nature's blessing? But you really notice the difference healing your target when they do have it.

3) You can't target swap without destroying your HPS and APS. If you use Deluge to get 5 stacks of instant blossoms.. well it goes on CD for 10s. So the only way to target swap without destroying your APS/HPS completely is a 3s channel Nurture before you can even properly heal because let's be real, Nurture does bugger all.

My solutions?

Would it be possible to program Serenity so that it moves with your target? It's vital that they stand in it.. or perhaps double the width of serenity, i'm not sure, but it's really small and needs to either be bigger or follow the target, it's imperative that they're in it if you really want to even try to keep them up.

I don't have anything for Nature's blessing other then be able to put it on yourself.. it's not as OP as divine favour, considering it has a 5s ICD? or 3s? I don't remember, so I think that's reasonable, and it can be Purged.

For Deluge, you really just need to make the Legendary a 2s CD without all the blossom stuff, it's a nice idea but the fact is that we use Deluge to target swap, and we can't now because we need it as a vital part of our healing rotation. This alone would fix many issues for preservers in PVP in my opinion.

Hope it helps/whats your thoughts. I do miss healing in PVP, DPS is getting pretty stale.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 02-03-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Fun Fact: Serenity originally was a 15 second cooldown and the circle was 1/2 the radius it currently is today. Was intended to just be used on the tank. Fun right!

For deluge here's an idea. Have you considered using the non legendary version so that you can use deluge just to apply your blossoms, and then use legendary cultivate for your inundate spams? 3 choices being Legendary cultivate, Legendary deer antlers, and legendary 31 pt.

I also always used the stream mastery for the semi-burst healing but also for conservation value. That's prolly stronger in PVE than PVP, but I always found NB clunky and useless and was intended to be used by dps for some reason =/
    Last edited by Deeew; 02-03-2017 at 03:27 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Fun Fact: Serenity originally was a 15 second cooldown and the circle was 1/2 the radius it currently is today. Was intended to just be used on the tank. Fun right!

For deluge here's an idea. Have you considered using the non legendary version so that you can use deluge just to apply your blossoms, and then use legendary cultivate for your inundate spams? 3 choices being Legendary cultivate, Legendary deer antlers, and legendary 31 pt.

I also always used the stream mastery for the semi-burst healing but also for conservation value. That's prolly stronger in PVE than PVP, but I always found NB clunky and useless and was intended to be used by dps for some reason =/
    Didn't know that, pretty dumb.

Yeah, but the healing output and aps is terrible without deluge every 3 gcd's in serenity for pvp. People just die. It's atrocious. I mean if this was the intended way of doing it then inundate needs a hardcore buff. If it wasn't and deluge inundates were the intended version, then what I said needs to happen for it to be remotely viable.

I haven't tested AF, but the passive healing from NB is really really nice in PVP. You really notice the difference, considering an inundate is like 16-17k crit, 8-9k normal heal and NB's crit for 10k.

Idk if you've tried that stuff in pvp, but idk anyone that thinks preserver is remotely in shape for pvp atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Didn't know that, pretty dumb.

Yeah, but the healing output and aps is terrible without deluge every 3 gcd's in serenity for pvp. People just die. It's atrocious. I mean if this was the intended way of doing it then inundate needs a hardcore buff. If it wasn't and deluge inundates were the intended version, then what I said needs to happen for it to be remotely viable.

I haven't tested AF, but the passive healing from NB is really really nice in PVP. You really notice the difference, considering an inundate is like 16-17k crit, 8-9k normal heal and NB's crit for 10k.

Idk if you've tried that stuff in pvp, but idk anyone that thinks preserver is remotely in shape for pvp atm.
    I have not had the pleasure of trying level 70 preserver in pvp, but I did it at 65 fairly often. Diff game now tho.

With that said, during alpha/beta I felt like preserver seemed to be one of the strongest burst ST healers in the game, however PVP does funky things to reduce preserver heals. With that said, even without serenity deluge should be powerful, and serenity is just like a boost to that. I think of the weird reductions to healing via pvp to preserver was fixed things would look better. The days of nurture is gone at least?
    Last edited by Deeew; 02-03-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

No Nurture "spam" anymore but Preserver still feels very weak compared to lvl 65 pvp times.

*just talking about pvp
    Last edited by Linja; 02-04-2017 at 03:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread