+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maelstrom needed?

Default Maelstrom needed?

How much (if any) of a disadvantage would I be at without the new souls, more specifically, maelstrom. I'm new to primalist, and haven't played at all in years, so I wasn't sure what DPS benefits I would be missing without it.

Maelstrom currently gives the best off soul legendary in scald that places a debuff on mobs that makes them take 15% more damage from non-maelstrom abilities, and stacks up to 2x, equaling 30% more damage done.

So from a dps stand point, maelstrom is pretty much required atm.

As a main soul though, it's not our top dps spec, it's actually far far behind atm.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

That's what I thought. I've been playing dervish since I made this character, and that buff seemed too good.

What spec is comparable without maelstrom? I just need something to get me by until I can but it.

Quote Originally Posted by klowdy View Post
    What spec is comparable without maelstrom? I just need something to get me by until I can but it.
    You can get on and along with aftershocker without scald, bit less deeps sure, but it's still a damn good one.
    As i told you before, just pick essence strike or something,

As for other specs, quite all people i see are playing derv around, one way or another.

And literally every ST spec would need scald (Dervish, Vulc, along with mael itself), so you'll encounter that question everywhere.
    For max dps you do need mael.
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 01-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread