+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maelstrom in SFP - Current State and Suggestions

Telaran

Default Maelstrom in SFP - Current State and Suggestions

Hello all,

first off:
    Please discuss and suggest here only things about the Maelstrom.
    Try to to stay on the topic and be constructive, thanks.
    A question to the Devs: Please tell us where you want to have a Single Target dps spec to be for the first Raid. Around 400k / Around 350k / Around 450k... With this Information we could give you a better Feedback and better Suggestions what should be improved and what should get nerfed

Personally the Maelstrom is my favorite soul, only the random proccs of Explosion Potencial makes me sometimes angry, but nothing is perfect^^.

Just have a look on this parse from today (17.12.2016):
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161217/6shziksf.jpg

Legendaries:
    Avatar Tresher / Vaporize / Effervescent Blast
    Vorpal Salvo / Fury Blast

(Sorry for german names, but i was too lazy to change everything into english, but picture should explain it enough^^)

What do we see / Current State:

- Around 330k dps (for comparison afershocker with this stats is around 420k)
    - Mastery "Savage Blow" does around 1/4 (82,68k dps) of the total dmg
    (For comparison Spiritualism = 7,4k dps)
    - Maelstrom skills in general are really low >> Only 56,6% of total dmg (remember 31pt in Maelstrom)
    - Scald hits lower than legendary Vorpal Salvo during Harmony (remember to take Scald x2)
    (forget to add Vorpal salvo... Min hit = 100,8k // Max hit = 207,1k)
    Also you will get faster to full Fury, where you want to be because of Boiling Rage.
    (I donīt mention the legendary scold bug, because someone wrote on pts it is fixed)

Suggestions (Just a few from my side):
    - redesign of "Searing Plasma" to improve the dps in PvE (The side effect is nice for PvP, maybe is here a PvE/PvP Variant necessary)
    - Add to Pressurize and Excoriate an additional damage bonus of 10% to Maelstrom skills
    - Add to "Legendary Scold", that the next skill used with Explosive Potential will be increased by X %
    - Change Legendary Vaporize 10% Critical hit dmg bonus into general +10% damage to Maelstrom skills. Reason: we have already a +12% CP buff in the Soultree, so why another one?
    - "Drown": Please change it into a normal interupt with 8-10s CD without the current Side effects for PvE (If PvP players want this skill for PvP like it is, then make a PvE and a PvP Variant for it)
    - Flash Point Beacon: In the german client is written that you get the buff from a 10m radius (r), but in true it is a diameter (d) of 10m. In english client: "While within 10m, ...". When you have your beacon in target and look at the minimap, you gain the buff until 5m range. Are you at 6m, you wonīt get it anymore. It would be great to fix it or to change it into a diameter of 15m or something like that, that you donīt have to recast it after every move you have to do.
    - Legendary Flamewalker: Change it from "buffs fire dmg" into "buffs fire and water dmg"
    - Excoriate: Add the following effect: During Excoriate is debuffed, your Pressurize hits for 100/200% more.
    - Tresher Avatar:

Please remember the following things:
    - Nothing of the suggestions must come, but some of them in maybe little different variants can come
    - All suggested numbers are only randomly chosen like it currently feels and have first to be testesd and optimized on the pts
    -

So these are my few words about the current status of the maelstrom inclusive some suggestions.
    (Only saying that this soul is currently crap doesnīt help anyone^^).

Now please feel free to discuss and suggest some other ideas, i will gathering them in the first answer of this thread
    Last edited by Mallgar; 12-17-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    Mallgar@typhiria & Malllgar@typhiria (2 Primalists)
    Guild: IMPERA - Deutsche Raidgilde
    Fragen zum Primalisten? Schreibt mich ingame an :-)

Telaran

Community Suggestions:

-
    -
    -
    -
    Mallgar@typhiria & Malllgar@typhiria (2 Primalists)
    Guild: IMPERA - Deutsche Raidgilde
    Fragen zum Primalisten? Schreibt mich ingame an :-)

Stats

Parse

Legendaries Vaporize, EB, Thresher, MW, FB

The only difference is I use molten wave before a vaporize proc/ thresher, but I do agree it needs some changes, especially with Searing Plasma and since this is a fury only spec legendary vorpal is not going to really do it for ya.
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

Default Legendary Vorpal Salvo

Personally I like the rhythm of using Legendaries Fury Blast and Vorpal Salvo. Fury Blast will send you to PH and from there you can use a buffed up version of Vorpal Salvo (due to not being in Fury). Right now I have a simple macro to cast fury Blast-> cast Vorpal Salvo.

If you want the hardest hitting version of VS you could 0 point zerker to use use Morbid Slash after Fury Blast and then VS. by doing so you are further into Cunning to get max benefit of legendary VS (which currently on PTS hits 5x harder).
    Last edited by arbaal; 12-17-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default there is no fixed dps cycle in maelstrom.

There is no fixed dps routine in maelstrom.
    There are just some rules and priorities.

-rules
    1. always keep "Vaporize" buff up. (of course legendary)
    2. always keep "Savage Blow" up as 3stacks.
    3. always keep "Pressurize" up.
    4. use MW before Vaporize.
    5. Never cut Excoriate.
    6. try hard to avoid spending Explosive Potential buff on EB. (need some practice. it was all for maelstrom before 4.0 but legendary changed it)

-priorities - there are so many sub-conditions, but hard to write those all down. so simply,
    1. Savage blow
    2. Pressurize
    3. Excoriate
    4. MW
    5. Vaporize (with Molten wave debuff)
    6. Effervescent blast
    7. Searing plasma (when EB is cool down)
    8. and so on

-priorities with Thresher
    1. SB
    2. Last second Vaporize (at 1.1~0.9sec)
    3. Pressurize
    4. MW (use it before thresher, then cut it at 1st tick for keeping debuff)
    5. Vaporize with Explosive potential
    6. EB
    7. Searing Plasma
    8. Excoriate
    9. and so on.

What I'm using as opener is the only fixed thing. (with beacon 5 stacks, and enough fury)
    1. Vaporize pre casting
    2. Pressurize
    3. Excoriate
    4. SB
    5. MW with wishing EP and Font buff desperately.
    6-a. if buffs are up, thresher + Blast wave
    6-b. if not, vorpal salvo then vaporize hard cast. After next MW, thresher + BW

* Blast wave is for getting building pressure stacks. you don't need to use it, but good for me.

Another half-fixed routine is about MW.
    1. MW - 6sec debuff
    2. Vorpal salvo (lengdary) - 5sec debuff left
    3. 4~2sec. do what you need ( i.e> recast dots). Vaporize with EP is the best of course.
    4. 1sec left - decide what skill to use.
    4-a. with potential ) Molten wave again (clip it at 1tick)
    4-b. without potential, make vaporize cool down if you have high building pressure stacks.
    4-c. without potential and not high stacks of BP, just let MW off then do what you need.

These are majority. of course you can make fixed easier routine but it cannot be maximizing.

and Maelstrom is the reason why I blamed trion that nerfed Molten wave. Molten wave is the only competitive sub spec legendary. Rest are all trashes. I really tried whole variation of maelstrom and 31/8 Vulcanist with MW and VS is best for me.

OH I didn't intend to write like this long. END
    Last edited by MusclPig; 01-18-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mallgar View Post
    Suggestions (Just a few from my side):
    - redesign of "Searing Plasma" to improve the dps in PvE (The side effect is nice for PvP, maybe is here a PvE/PvP Variant necessary)
    - Add to Pressurize and Excoriate an additional damage bonus of 10% to Maelstrom skills
    - Add to "Legendary Scold", that the next skill used with Explosive Potential will be increased by X %
    - Change Legendary Vaporize 10% Critical hit dmg bonus into general +10% damage to Maelstrom skills. Reason: we have already a +12% CP buff in the Soultree, so why another one?
    - "Drown": Please change it into a normal interupt with 8-10s CD without the current Side effects for PvE (If PvP players want this skill for PvP like it is, then make a PvE and a PvP Variant for it)
    - Flash Point Beacon: In the german client is written that you get the buff from a 10m radius (r), but in true it is a diameter (d) of 10m. In english client: "While within 10m, ...". When you have your beacon in target and look at the minimap, you gain the buff until 5m range. Are you at 6m, you wonīt get it anymore. It would be great to fix it or to change it into a diameter of 15m or something like that, that you donīt have to recast it after every move you have to do.
    - Legendary Flamewalker: Change it from "buffs fire dmg" into "buffs fire and water dmg"
    - Excoriate: Add the following effect: During Excoriate is debuffed, your Pressurize hits for 100/200% more.
    - Tresher Avatar:

I agree with you mostly. and really want Molten wave buff or something for compensate.

They're planning to nerf Primal again!!! and so many guys are claiming on the thread but there isn't about primal opinion.

I don't know about it. Just wondering how they decide to nerf it again even tho it's already low tier dps.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread