+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Preserver feels weak?

Default Preserver feels weak?

Is it just me or is Preserver weak compared to other heals in pvp?
    The CDs are good but after that ...
    The most annoying thing for me is the movespeed penalty while Nuture is beeing channeled.. Before 4.0 it was OK cuz Preserver didnt feel that weak like it does now, but atm i feel like that penalty is not needed..
    Plus we dont have a good subsoul to get 1-2 aoe healing skills or an overall passive heal increase like every other class has..

I enjoy playing preserver but for me it feels like a one-legged running a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Linja View Post
    Is it just me or is Preserver weak compared to other heals in pvp?
    The CDs are good but after that ...
    The most annoying thing for me is the movespeed penalty while Nuture is beeing channeled.. Before 4.0 it was OK cuz Preserver didnt feel that weak like it does now, but atm i feel like that penalty is not needed..
    Plus we dont have a good subsoul to get 1-2 aoe healing skills or an overall passive heal increase like every other class has..

I enjoy playing preserver but for me it feels like a one-legged running a marathon.
    Nurture isnt completely the best way to Preserver right now,

if you want a valid heal spec with Battle Resurrection and aoe cleanse,
    Read Gilgad's 4.0 Preserver guide

If you want a rather more fun and mobile spec with rather less utility (less CDs and Brez)
    but totally mobile and still strong on healing (unless if your ally is dead), try
    My 1 button ish healing guide ^^

but yeah sucks on AoE heals part, they said they are working on a aoe heal soul.

Enjoy.
    (And oh, the essence strike rather op heals were kinda nerfed.)

P.S: oh welp, just noticed you said PvP, still, with the build on my guide I could pocket heal people real nice,
    Say, could keep people up in 3V1s
    Restore is your best friend against classes that spam cleansable DoTs, (reaver, Defiler etc)
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-17-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    If you want a rather more fun and mobile spec with rather less utility (less CDs and Brez)
    but totally mobile and still strong on healing (unless if your ally is dead), try
    My 1 button ish healing guide ^^
    I didnt try this one yet, but I intend to. I play the "normal" Preserver (in PvP, i almost only play PvP) like the build u linked from Gilgad. But yeah, there are situations where i need to run and nothing else is up to heal myself while running other then Nurture.. That penalty tho..

Restore im using on CD, there is just no way to not using it

Still, it feels like before 4.0, Preserver was better then it is now - cant say what it is tho. Thats why im asking u guys here, maybe im expecting too much D:

I didnt try this one yet, but I intend to. I play the "normal" Preserver (in PvP, i almost only play PvP) like the build u linked from Gilgad. But yeah, there are situations where i need to run and nothing else is up to heal myself while running other then Nurture.. That penalty tho..

Restore im using on CD, there is just no way to not using it

Still, it feels like before 4.0, Preserver was better then it is now - cant say what it is tho. Thats why im asking u guys here, maybe im expecting too much D:
    lol, well speaking of it, I never felt easy with nurture spam Pres on PvP personally,
    and I like this Inundate Deluge spam better lol,
    easy peasy no speed reduction no channel taking 3 hours to heal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    and I like this Inundate Deluge spam better lol,
    easy peasy no speed reduction no channel taking 3 hours to heal lol
    What if ur target gets bursted, can u burst heal with ur spec? what are ur highest innundate crits with this?

What if ur target gets bursted, can u burst heal with ur spec? what are ur highest innundate crits with this?
    Didn't really check the crits and stuff and cant login atm,
    can do some checks and tell you later on,

I mostly check the health bar of my target so I can have em up instead of checking numbers D:

i just tried this spec in pvp but unfortunately its not an option for me.. having instant innundates feels cool but the healing output is not enough for me =/

You shouldn't be spamming Nurture to begin with so the penalty from the mastery is a non-issue. It hasn't even been an issue since it was lowered from it's initial value.

What is your "low" healing output that you're not happy with? What comps in PVP are you going against that are giving you issues w/ ST healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You shouldn't be spamming Nurture to begin with
    I do not spam Nurture. What I am talking about are situations where i need to run for my life and I got no CDs or procs for insta innundates.

What is your "low" healing output that you're not happy with? What comps in PVP are you going against that are giving you issues w/ ST healing?
    Multiple Warlocks, Bladedancer - those AOEs are too strong for me too handle and Runshaper, sometimes even Inquisitor.

I do not spam Nurture. What I am talking about are situations where i need to run for my life and I got no CDs or procs for insta innundates.
    Well, right there I'm still curious as to how you actually play Preserver then because you should have an over abundance of low cast time mixed with instant Inundates. You should be saving Essence Flow more often now due to Legendary Cultivate and Legendary Deluge.

I would also recommend grabbing Vine Whip for the damage reduction (as your 3rd Legendary vs Deer or Invigorate.)

You'll be working with Font of Vitality for your most optimal output as fast as possible. This also means that you're going to be utilizing Cultivate nonstop and clipping it on targets that already have it so you can have FoV proc + Hasty Blossom proc.

Between that and Legendary Deluge you should never have a problem with healing when movement is required.

What build are you using? You should grab Titan (instead of Dervish) for Legendary Essence Strike. You can then go for Maelstrom for stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dj5U3L7flM -- That's just a quick video I did for a char of mine on the PTS. It has crap gear so don't pay much attention to the values but just see that I'm casting either 5s Inundates or instant-cast ones.

Multiple Warlocks, Bladedancer - those AOEs are too strong for me too handle and Runshaper, sometimes even Inquisitor.
    You're a single-target healing soul, so AOE damage is always going to be too strong for you to handle. If you don't have an AOE healer w/ you, then you're going to have to make due with only the targets you can save. Prioritize your output on targets that matter.

Also make sure to use Restore against Warlocks as much as you possibly can. Any little bit will help in that sort of scenario.

Edit: oh and you also have a multitude of other abilities to get your out of dodge. You have Bound, Resilient Hide (heal CD), Vapor Rush, Vine Whip, Flash Flood..
    Last edited by Riane; 12-17-2016 at 06:33 PM.

either 5s Inundates or instant-cast ones.
    0.5* D:
    /10chars

This is the build I am using:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Nk/!2kFliiEw/_|_IXM

regarding
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dj5U3L7flM -- That's just a quick video I did for a char of mine on the PTS. It has crap gear so don't pay much attention to the values but just see that I'm casting either 5s Inundates or instant-cast ones.
    this is exactly what Im doing. Maybe I just need to run earlier so i have the time to stop for a short cast of innundate - or die trying =D

This is the build I am using:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Nk/!2kFliiEw/_|_IXM

regarding

this is exactly what Im doing. Maybe I just need to run earlier so i have the time to stop for a short cast of innundate - or die trying =D
    That's basically how people had to heal in Storm Legion and vanilla. Kite, heal, kite, heal, kite, heal.

It takes some time getting used to but just pay attention to your abilities available and your health percentage. Make use of everything at your disposal from CC and planar abilities. Pop a heal philter then heal tonic. Anything helps!

i just tried this spec in pvp but unfortunately its not an option for me.. having instant innundates feels cool but the healing output is not enough for me =/
    Right, just retested it (sorry dont have much login times lol)
    And it did heck less than it did when i first tried it, guess dome ninja nerf or sth >.>
    Sorry anyways

Shadowlander

To me it just feels like Preserver didn't scale very well in pvp at level 70. At 65, I would usually cast 20-25k Inundates on allies with an average of 90k HP, now I cast 30k Inundates on allies with 250k HP. Inundate value went up by 150% and heath by 250 to 300%. Those are only estimations but they should give a pretty decent idea. I understand that we technically cast more Inundates now, but when I blow my entire Deer Avatar and I barely fill up one teammate, I definitely feel a little on the weaker side too. We don't have a good way to stack CP to fully utilize the forced crit and the increased crit chance procs from Deluge (when they work).

I still have to get comfortable with the new Preserver but I also feel like I'm struggling so hard compared to my other healers for much less output and saving capability, especially since Essence Strike was fixed. In pvp it is not reasonable to expect a large part of my healing to come from teammates focus firing the same target, this is as rare as a purple sparkly unicorn. I believe it could use somewhat of a buff because it is a very enjoyable class
    Last edited by Tropikana; 12-19-2016 at 09:51 PM.
    Tropikana@Deepwood
    Tropii@Faeblight
    -Every Time-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast