+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Preserver feels weak?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropikana View Post
    To me it just feels like Preserver didn't scale very well in pvp at level 70. At 65, I would usually cast 20-25k Inundates on allies with an average of 90k HP, now I cast 30k Inundates on allies with 250k HP. Inundate value went up by 150% and heath by 250 to 300%. Those are only estimations but they should give a pretty decent idea. I understand that we technically cast more Inundates now, but when I blow my entire Deer Avatar and I barely fill up one teammate, I definitely feel a little on the weaker side too. We don't have a good way to stack CP to fully utilize the forced crit and the increased crit chance procs from Deluge (when they work).

I still have to get comfortable with the new Preserver but I also feel like I'm struggling so hard compared to my other healers for much less output and saving capability, especially since Essence Strike was fixed. In pvp it is not reasonable to expect a large part of my healing to come from teammates focus firing the same target, this is as rare as a purple sparkly unicorn. I believe it could use somewhat of a buff because it is a very enjoyable class
    A lot of abilities in Warchanter and Liberator feel the same way. Turn the Tide went from a full heal to a 40k top off.

Plane Walker

It was said before in another thread, but most of the healing right now feels underpowered or poorly scaled. It's just that we aren't noticing it outside of pvp because the hardest content right now is experts and nothing except a hanfdul of mechanics hit hard across the 3 of them.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 12-19-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Shadowlander

I agree with both of you guys above me.

@DarkDaemon: Lib is soooo bad in pvp atm it's a complete joke. I am doing fairly well on warchanter but I feel it is only because I already played 61 warchanter in CoA and prog raids during NMT so I am pretty comfortable. LOL at Legendary Turn the Tide, not only does it bug out half the time (Stand Tall sometimes falls off one person if you apply it to another and there seems to be a slight delay between hitting the button and it firing off) resulting in many otherwise avoidable deaths. Overall, healing is indeed pretty weak.
    Tropikana@Faeblight
    Tropii@Faeblight

Plane Touched

I agree with both of you guys above me.

@DarkDaemon: Lib is soooo bad in pvp atm it's a complete joke. I am doing fairly well on warchanter but I feel it is only because I already played 61 warchanter in CoA and prog raids during NMT so I am pretty comfortable. LOL at Legendary Turn the Tide, not only does it bug out half the time (Stand Tall sometimes falls off one person if you apply it to another and there seems to be a slight delay between hitting the button and it firing off) resulting in many otherwise avoidable deaths. Overall, healing is indeed pretty weak.
    Every heal is weak except tactician on stacked peeps. They still can do 40K, due density. Chloromancer is in same state, heals same as at LVL65.

Plane Walker

Yeah, overal what i found out about healing as well (leaving out a few broken specs/interactions). Looks like healing abilities (like oh so many other parts of Rift) weren't adjusted for the level cap raise to 70 and the HP and damage increase... Who would have thought
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    Every heal is weak except tactician on stacked peeps. They still can do 40K, due density. Chloromancer is in same state, heals same as at LVL65.

fk / sent still good compared to other heals

To me it just feels like Preserver didn't scale very well in pvp at level 70
    100% true

maybe the healing crystal will help a little
    Last edited by tiimmy; 12-20-2016 at 01:43 AM.

To me it just feels like Preserver didn't scale very well in pvp at level 70. At 65, I would usually cast 20-25k Inundates on allies with an average of 90k HP, now I cast 30k Inundates on allies with 250k HP. Inundate value went up by 150% and heath by 250 to 300%. Those are only estimations but they should give a pretty decent idea. I understand that we technically cast more Inundates now, but when I blow my entire Deer Avatar and I barely fill up one teammate, I definitely feel a little on the weaker side too. We don't have a good way to stack CP to fully utilize the forced crit and the increased crit chance procs from Deluge (when they work).

I still have to get comfortable with the new Preserver but I also feel like I'm struggling so hard compared to my other healers for much less output and saving capability, especially since Essence Strike was fixed. In pvp it is not reasonable to expect a large part of my healing to come from teammates focus firing the same target, this is as rare as a purple sparkly unicorn. I believe it could use somewhat of a buff because it is a very enjoyable class
    Exactly my experience.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by tiimmy View Post
    fk / sent still good compared to other heals

100% true

maybe the healing crystal will help a little
    Your right Frostkeeper stronger as usually since released.
    Regarding sentinel what I see all the time, lot of clerics use bugged Faith rewards stacks and never cast and almost all of them use bugged fairies' healer for 40-50% of their parse. These are not intended game mechanics and will be fixed sooner or later.

Well I saw this guy earlier saying preserver heals just fine
    and i shouldnt look at the charts since it's more into putting absorbs than direct healing, and that it performs well enough

but oh well i dont look at the charts but the dead people who die under my healing, and also the real low absorb amount, either i'm doing something wrong or that guy is too op

well PvE absorbs are pretty fine but PvP, not really.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    A lot of abilities in Warchanter and Liberator feel the same way. Turn the Tide went from a full heal to a 40k top off.
    Warchanter can burst you from 5% to 100% very quickly. Especially with a 120k Turn the Tide. WC has the highest ST heal currently. I have not seen another healing spec do 120k.
    Martimar@Seastone
    Martimart@Seastone
    The Cult

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2