+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Default Public Test Server Balance Changes

Default Default Public Test Server Balance Changes

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5273705

Dervish
    Legendary Tectonic Spike increases Aftershock base damage by 85%
    Legendary Font of Savagery increases Aftershock damage by 12% per stack.
    Legendary Earthfall bonus damage reduced to 2.75x base damage.

Maelstrom
    Legendary Flamewalker damage bonus reduced to 25%.
    Legendary Effervescent Blast damage bonus reduced to 35% per stack.

Vulcanist
    Legendary Vorpal Salvo damage increased to triple when not in Fury and 5x when in Cunning.
    Legendary Primal Avatar: Drake increases Fire and Earth damage by 40%. Abilities that deal both damage types get double bonus.
    Legendary Ethereal Beam also passively increases Fire and Earth damage by 20%.
    Last edited by arbaal; 12-16-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Aftershocker gonna get nerfed eh,

and also the dps on my healer build :c which doesnt really matter.

Funny thing is, just before the patch notes hit in, I was messing around with vorpal salvo, saw the dps was quite low and was like
    "hmm, what if it actually did some more dps?"
    and a bit later, there I was, seeing that vorpal is gonna get buffed lol

Shadowlander

heh.. it's like 4th wave of nerfs on my lovely char.. i thought trion just wants to bary totally primaVeras cos a milion players play them, but NO..they only wants to make me angry as hell but on the other hand am soooo happy that they nerf all other classes especially mages cos it rly hurt to see they low gear and high dmg. I felt sooo pain but am feelin much better now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Acapelaa View Post
    heh.. it's like 4th wave of nerfs on my lovely char.. i thought trion just wants to bary totally primaVeras cos a milion players play them, but NO..they only wants to make me angry as hell but on the other hand am soooo happy that they nerf all other classes especially mages cos it rly hurt to see they low gear and high dmg. I felt sooo pain but am feelin much better now
    My nightmare tide purple + lv70 green mage can only do 320k in experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Aftershocker gonna get nerfed ehl

Aftershocker is just fine

Parse before Nerfs

What they changed is the aftershock damage obviously, but they also fixed the 6th stack of Font of Savagery so the nerf is not nearly as bad as it looks.

Vulcanist is going in the right direction, not as competitive but its still something else to play around with. The really cruddy thing is there is too many good legendaries in vulcanist, so you have basically have to choose between Vorpal or Molten (Molten Being Better). But like I said the changes are a step in the right direction
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 12-17-2016 at 05:07 AM.
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Syntrachios View Post
    Aftershocker is just fine

Parse before Nerfs

What they changed is the aftershock damage obviously, but they also fixed the 6th stack of Font of Savagery so the nerf is not nearly as bad as it looks.

Vulcanist is going in the right direction, not as competitive but its still something else to play around with. The really cruddy thing is there is too many good legendaries in vulcanist, so you have basically have to choose between Vorpal or Molten (Molten Being Better). But like I said the changes are a step in the right direction
    Well the notes hadnt stated anything bout sav stacks getting fixed or all that lol,
    And yeah, vulcanist's the tricky guy around.

Still trying to figure a build to get the most out of vorpal and see if it can actually do anything

Let's just say I did just that for you, will give you a teaser parse after I knock out a few kinks
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 12-17-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arbaal View Post

Vulcanist
    Legendary Vorpal Salvo damage increased to triple when not in Fury and 5x when in Cunning.
    Legendary Primal Avatar: Drake increases Fire and Earth damage by 40%. Abilities that deal both damage types get double bonus.
    Legendary Ethereal Beam also passively increases Fire and Earth damage by 20%.
    The avatar buff is so weird. What abilities do fire and earth damage currently? I don't think we even have any...

I know Legendary eth beam counts as fire/earth but it still only deals ethereal damage.

If avatar effects legendary eth beam though, then that's a 80% buff while it's up, plus a 40% buff passively, soooooo yeah it will hit super hard and will most likely get nerfed anyways.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    The avatar buff is so weird. What abilities do fire and earth damage currently? I don't think we even have any...

I know Legendary eth beam counts as fire/earth but it still only deals ethereal damage.

If avatar effects legendary eth beam though, then that's a 80% buff while it's up, plus a 40% buff passively, soooooo yeah it will hit super hard and will most likely get nerfed anyways.

Yeah it is pretty weird. I think its exclusively Eth Beam
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 12-18-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

Dont know when it got updated, but latest PTS has Savage Blow nerfed pretty bad.

It now stacks up to only 2 times.

Used to push 80k dps on SB pre nerf, now its more like 40-45k.

So yeah, 35-40k nerf. Needless to say, affects all specs...

Quote Originally Posted by Crewcut View Post
    Dont know when it got updated, but latest PTS has Savage Blow nerfed pretty bad.

It now stacks up to only 2 times.

Used to push 80k dps on SB pre nerf, now its more like 40-45k.

So yeah, 35-40k nerf. Needless to say, affects all specs...

Last I saw, font bonus is down to 9% per stack, and tectonic spike bonus to aftershock is down to 75%. Hopefully font stacks get fixed while they're gutting the spec.

I understand aftershock hit way too hard, but these nerfs drop us down to the low tier of the DPS spectrum. A buff or two in other aspects of the spec to keep us mid tier damage. It would also be nice to see some buffs/fixes to berserker and typhoon as well.

+ Reply to Thread