+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maelstrom..why?

Default Maelstrom..why?

I logged on to the PTS to see what the new primalist soul would be and its another ST ranged dps spec. Did you guys forget we have vulcanist? Although variety is nice it would be even nicer to have a support role, or a raid heal role.
    Vulcanist is fun and could use some buffing, maybe that's what maelstrom is supposed to be for, but maybe instead of just making a whole new dps spec you fix the one you've already got and introduce a support role we can use that's on par with archon ?

this is just upsetting. i rarely log on my primalist as it is because in raids only puri's are used as tank healers and my alt doesnt have the gear to be top dps yet (and considering its a primalist it only has to have semi decent gear to be top dps)

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post
    I logged on to the PTS to see what the new primalist soul would be and its another ST ranged dps spec. Did you guys forget we have vulcanist? Although variety is nice it would be even nicer to have a support role, or a raid heal role.
    Vulcanist is fun and could use some buffing, maybe that's what maelstrom is supposed to be for, but maybe instead of just making a whole new dps spec you fix the one you've already got and introduce a support role we can use that's on par with archon ?

this is just upsetting. i rarely log on my primalist as it is because in raids only puri's are used as tank healers and my alt doesnt have the gear to be top dps yet (and considering its a primalist it only has to have semi decent gear to be top dps)
    There are certainly more souls that we're going to do for Primalist at some point in the future, that being said variety in DPS options is important too. We had to pick one right now, and Maelstrom was the one that felt right. We haven't forgotten other areas where Primalist could have more functionality however.

i rarely log on my primalist as it is because in raids only puri's are used as tank healers and my alt doesnt have the gear to be top dps yet (and considering its a primalist it only has to have semi decent gear to be top dps)
    Nothing wrong with preserver as tank healing =/
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Nothing wrong with preserver as tank healing =/
    agreed, i can tank heal in nte's just fine and im sure if my primalist had better gear she could tank heal just fine in t2. Rift is not my full time job however and we cant share voids/acm/fragments with alts yet.

On an arak fight in MoM our puri was off for the night and we used our only primalist just to see if it could be done- it can be done. but most raids these days sadly use a puri

***Preserver could use a good shield though, either something like pre-emptive therapy on 61 phys or life insurance. I know we already have one but would be nice to have another.
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 03-22-2016 at 12:53 PM.

agreed, i can tank heal in nte's just fine and im sure if my primalist had better gear she could tank heal just fine in t2. Rift is not my full time job however and we cant share voids/acm/fragments with alts yet.

On an arak fight in MoM our puri was off for the night and we used our only primalist just to see if it could be done- it can be done. but most raids these days sadly use a puri
    Sure, but u said "in raids only puris are used as tank healers" and that was false. Sadly many people think the same because of misinformation. If more preservers were used in raids, and actually learned how to effectively heal as Preserver, it would open the door for others. Never be held hostage to Puri's, they aint all that.

Now, the rest of your post was spot on. Why were they given a ST dps soul when they do not have the "required" souls that all classes have -- Support, AoE heals?

Well, Ocho said that they felt that this was the best route to take and option to choose as Primalists next soul. I do not know what data they are looking at to determine this, but it clearly isn't a popular opinion among players/testers/raiders/primalsts. However, this decision is clearly already set in stone, and here we are getting yet another dps soul for a class which is rarely used already.

Can't wait till the next batch of souls, wtb (literally) aoe healer?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Sure, but u said "in raids only puris are used as tank healers" and that was false. Sadly many people think the same because of misinformation. If more preservers were used in raids, and actually learned how to effectively heal as Preserver, it would open the door for others. Never be held hostage to Puri's, they aint all that.

Now, the rest of your post was spot on. Why were they given a ST dps soul when they do not have the "required" souls that all classes have -- Support, AoE heals?

Well, Ocho said that they felt that this was the best route to take and option to choose as Primalists next soul. I do not know what data they are looking at to determine this, but it clearly isn't a popular opinion among players/testers/raiders/primalsts. However, this decision is clearly already set in stone, and here we are getting yet another dps soul for a class which is rarely used already.

Can't wait till the next batch of souls, wtb (literally) aoe healer?

If i could share my stones with my alt she would be geared enough to tank heal. I cant use any on my main anymore i have nothing left to buy except t3 legs/chest.
    I like preserver play style, entertaining and easily doable while moving.

Telaran

Well, Ocho said that they felt that this was the best route to take and option to choose as Primalists next soul. I do not know what data they are looking at to determine this, but it clearly isn't a popular opinion among players/testers/raiders/primalsts.
    This. Hashtag confused.
    Grughur Grughar Grughir
    <Nephilim> @Greybriar 3/4 HM CoA

you aren't excited to 1 shot people? I call malarkey

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

By the time all of the souls are finally released, every class will have 2 burst dps souls and 2 consistent dps souls. One for each melee ranged category accordingly. Just because it's another ranged soul doesn't mean it does the same thing. Granted it still needs to be tested and more changes will come with that + when it hits live.

As far as Puris and Preserver goes, yes it can be done, but puri is still prefered because of the shielding. It's just too nice to give up when you can afford to have it and makes healing easier. Things may change when the other 2 tank healing souls are released except maybe warchanter. Not so sure about that one yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    By the time all of the souls are finally released, every class will have 2 burst dps souls and 2 consistent dps souls. One for each melee ranged category accordingly. Just because it's another ranged soul doesn't mean it does the same thing. Granted it still needs to be tested and more changes will come with that + when it hits live.

As far as Puris and Preserver goes, yes it can be done, but puri is still prefered because of the shielding. It's just too nice to give up when you can afford to have it and makes healing easier. Things may change when the other 2 tank healing souls are released except maybe warchanter. Not so sure about that one yet lol.
    Not to mention Overpowered Favour, or yolo of life.

Telaran

Maelstrom is an awful soul, and I will not be buying this soul pack, however choosing not to put for arguments sake, our aoe healing soul and support soul into two separate packs means we arent forced to buy both.Thanks Trion I guess

Telaran

Truly wished for an AoE healing soul, or something to fill the voids of the class ... our dps specs are currently fine. To prioritise that when we have much larger holes in the usefulness we can bring to a raid seems like a bizzare choice.

No more flexibility in raids than we currently have, yet many other classes get ST healing specs. *confused*

yeah i main primalist and i'm not happy with this decision either

ive said this in other posts but i would be happy with a primalist support role that was on par with mage chon- since so many mages refuse to chon why not replace them with something potentially better..

=/

Rift Chaser

ive said this in other posts but i would be happy with a primalist support role that was on par with mage chon- since so many mages refuse to chon why not replace them with something potentially better..

=/
    cough bm cough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast