+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maelstrom Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Maelstrom Feedback Thread

Now that Maelstrom is in public beta on PTS, here is the place to post feedback and suggestions!
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Rift Master

A quick thing I noticed. The whole soul tree is unlocked and you can take the 31 point avatar skill with just 1 point in the tree.

anyone else feeling underwhelmed by this soul?

low overall damage, way too much time spent casting.

I have no reason to purchase such an underperforming soul as this, ESPECIALLY when I have no need for the other 4

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    A quick thing I noticed. The whole soul tree is unlocked and you can take the 31 point avatar skill with just 1 point in the tree.
    Fixed for next update, thanks. Pretty silly oversight on my part.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

I'll let you know in a few years http://prntscr.com/ago68r

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Bugs:

Savage Excitement: Not increasing your CP (by 30%).

Varporize: Increases CP by 18.5% instead of 10%.

Reservoir of Power: Increasing CP by 2% instead of 12%.

Explosive Intent: Consumes itself if you gain it will already casting.

Excoriate: can`t crit(guess code can`t handle the doubling with crits)

Primal Avatar Thresher: Only does dmg once on abilities with fire and water dmg part(2 initial dmg one follow up).

Flashpoint Beacon: We talked on pts about this selfish foe.

Drown: Interrupt has travel time

Flamewalker: Does not do 20k every 0.75 sec(wording of these channels are horrible).

Dots: Dealing inconsistent dmg on Maelstrom(Pressurize and Fury Blast).

Scald does it`s tooltip value as overall dmg and Vaporize does it per dmg part(fire+water), but both abilities have the same wording in tooltip.

Gameplay:

Explosive Intent feels awkard with Building Pressure....you want to cast Vaporize with 20 stacks but you need at least 60 stacks every 15 sec(2xVaporize and 1xPressurize)...so you can`t max stacks on every casts means you just macro all 4 cunning abilities in one macro due to no other interaction in the soultree: Vaporize>Effervescent Blast>Searing Plasma>Scald.

Also need that self healing in the first 8 points so we can grab it for solo stuff in different souls or just need Harb :x

Maybe I missed something but these are the first things I noticed.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-17-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Telaran

Abilities are appearing off cool down but actually aren't,
    Example of this is if I use the Primal Avatar about 10 seconds later it appears off cool down but it actually isn't.
    This was experienced inside the dummy foundry

Edit: Explosive Potential is what is causing the misleading cooldowns on the bars
    Last edited by Remingtonsteely; 03-17-2016 at 08:57 PM.

The spec doesn't flow very well, it's a very basic put up dots and spam a macro spec. Needs better interaction between abilities. Clearly there are a lot of things not working, most of which have already been mentioned above i'll add anything else I find later. Also as mentioned above, there's a lot of time spent casting long slow abilities. This makes for boring game play.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Shadowlander

Explosive Potential: gets consumed by any primalist ability, cast time or no, and also affects every primalist ability. Even Primal Avatar: Tresher consumes it and does not go on a cooldown. Every skill i could find including the planar buffs and masteries like Spiritualism consume Explosive Potential, however these non-primalist skills still go on cooldown.

Blast wave: Tooltip indicates it deals the damage once and knockback once. However it deals the damage and knockback 6 times.

Summon: Flashpoint Beacon : It is weird that the beacon itself gets the stacking +2% dmg buff and not the caster.
    Last edited by Caitise; 03-18-2016 at 05:59 AM.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by Caitise View Post
    Summon: Flashpoint Beacon : It is weird that the beacon itself gets the stacking +2% dmg buff and not the caster.
    Redhawk on PTS said it will only give the dmg buff to worthy players :P (will be fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Bugs:
    Excoriate: can`t crit(guess code can`t handle the doubling with crits)
    Excoriate used to be able to crit, but it was changed to no longer crit.

Here are some additional bugs that have been reported:

Burst of Stream - Talent - Proccing Resilient Soul(ticks of Scald have a chance to reset the cd of Eff Blast) instead giving a charge for Eff Blast.

Singed Spirit - not converting dmg to ethereal dmg

Pressurize - Applies the old Boiling Rage buff(12% more damage) along with its current effects.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Telaran

no new visual effects and that purge needs to be made available to vulcanist aswell. disappointed overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser 2k10 View Post
    disappointed overall.
    You are not alone. I just don`t know why this soul is no aoe heal or support we would need much more :x
    Just let us make the best out of the current situation
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-18-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Shadowlander

After spending more time with Maelstrom, I get the feeling that the way the soul is meant to be played is:

1. Apply dots and keep them up
    2. When Explosive Potential procs consume it with Vaporize, and never put Vaporize on cooldown.
    3. Consume Font of Sublimation procs with either Effervescent Blast or Searing Plasma
    4. Spam Scald.

Building Pressure seems to be there to make up for those bad rng streaks when you don't get Explosive Potential to proc in a long time, so when you finally get it, Vaporize does more damage and somewhat makes up for the bad rng.

If this indeed is the way the soul is meant to be played it sounds kinda fun to me, at the moment with Explosive Potential not working as intented it can not be tested though. Actually as long as Explosive Potential behaves as it currently does i see no point in trying out anything with the soul.

Then to the Abilities:
    Vaporize: "Resets the cooldown of Searing Plasma and Effervescent Blast." Effervescent Blast has no cooldown. Vaporize should instead reset the cooldown of Searing Plasma and grant a stack of Effervescence (maybe even proc Font of Sublimation?)

Scald: Why is it 1.5 second cast time? With 1 second global cooldown, 1.5 second cast time feels awkward.

Also, what about movement? Could we have some inferior skill compared to Scald that we could use while moving, relying on insta-cast procs and Flamewalker and re-applying dots on movement phases sounds pretty punishing to me.
    Last edited by Caitise; 03-19-2016 at 03:25 AM.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by Caitise View Post

2. When Explosive Potential procs consume it with Vaporize, and never put Vaporize on cooldown.
    As soon as Explosive Potential procs you can use Vaporize even if it is on cooldown.
    It`s you hardest hitting ability by far so not using it on cd is a dps loss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast