+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maelstrom Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donoctane View Post
    PRIMALIST

MAELSTROM
    * Vaporize now deals 20% less damage in PVP. Reduced damage by 8%.
    *Excoriate is now correctly tagged as a Curse and can be Purged. Reduced damage by 3%.

Changes for me in pvp: before patch dps ~ 4 - 5k - after patch 1,3 - 1,9 k dps
    most game lost with maelstrom

Excoriate was no 2 or 3 in dmg meter with biggest hits before patch. In my last game it was cleansed every 4 or 5 sec with two healers.

In that short time Excoriate deals nearly none dmg and is useless in pvp. Also it will be cleanst first.

Ok then if its ur way.

As i told u before i want to win not lose.

I ve spend over 400 on my primalist with 10 jobs slots and some cosmetics. Now it looks like u dont want my money. Fine.
    Agreeing to the core statement though, a 20seconds dot that builds up damage to be worth the gcd only after 15 seconds is far too easily countered with a single cleanse, it should at least have some sort of stacks to mitigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I really would like to answer to that, but no matter how hard I try, I find no way to do that without tripping over some of the red lines that are in place here.
    So at least I cannot discuss anything I want here, even though it is not personal, no vendetta, no rant, no trolling - just a couple of facts I dare not mention here.
    QFT

Ascendant

Vaporize still overtuned (or more accurately, still prone to overtuned burst). Saw an ally go from 100% to 5% in a flash. No lead up, no warning, just bam. He was finished off before I could heal him. A good Maelstrom with other DPS assisting just wrecked that WF. The best way to deal with it was to flee on sight.

Nerf Vaporize while buffing other abilities and the problem is solved. I'd love to see the Maelstrom wrecking face in WFs, but not with the current one-shot/near-one-shot mechanic.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 05-15-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Vaporize still overtuned (or more accurately, still prone to overtuned burst). Saw an ally go from 100% to 5% in a flash. No lead up, no warning, just bam. He was finished off before I could heal him. A good Maelstrom with other DPS assisting just wrecked that WF. The best way to deal with it was to flee on sight.

Nerf Vaporize while buffing other abilities and the problem is solved. I'd love to see the Maelstrom wrecking face in WFs, but not with the current one-shot/near-one-shot mechanic.

It's still very RNG though. Even with 20 stacks my vaporize can hit anywhere from 6k non crit to 20k crit. Add in thresher and highest damage I've done has been 30k total.

For reference I am using an old school emphereal pvp weapon with some base pvp gear. I don't even have a crystal yet on my primalist lol so I'm sure better geared ones will be hitting way harder.

I would like to see less RNG but hey I've said this plenty of times before. Seems Trion still wants Maelstrom to be a gamblers soul.

After playing Maelstrom a bit more, I've found the soul really fun. It is a very reactive play style with no set rotation, however here are some things I think might make it a bit less RNG.

- Having explosive potential and Font buff stack up to 2 times. Simple change to lower RNG.

- When reaching 20 stacks of pressure, next vaporize is instant cast. This would be a really good change since you want to vaporize as soon as you reach 20 stacks anyways. Also gets rid of the RNGness.

- Having pressurize tick every .5 seconds instead of 1. Right now it kinda sucks we have to wait after we cast pressurize, to get it to tick in between our GCD, since that gives us more wiggle room to react to the buffs.

- Flashpoint beacon rework. I just don't like the idea of it. Also is rather clunky, kuz sometimes I'll be standing right on top of it, and it won't be buffing me.

- Make scald instant cast. Right now scald, even with 5 stack flash point, wipes the font buff when used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8