+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maelstrom Feedback Thread

Not worth it for anything but the Tempest Effect.
    Play when it's turned into op deeps, else just subsoul it nearly everywhere and pretend it's not existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I really would like to answer to that, but no matter how hard I try, I find no way to do that without tripping over some of the red lines that are in place here.
    So at least I cannot discuss anything I want here, even though it is not personal, no vendetta, no rant, no trolling - just a couple of facts I dare not mention here.
    QFT

Default List of bugs

2% dmg Soul Gift is not working

Branch Abilities
    Resevoir of Power - CP bonus is not working correctly, only giving 0.5% CP per point invested. (4/4 = 2% CP)
    Burst of Steam - proc chance to grant charge of EB is not working.
    Effervescent Blast - granting a stack every 10s. Tooltip says 8s.
    Flashpoint Beacon - Currently giving stacks to the Beacon, not the player.
    Savage Excitement- heal is working, not granting 30% crit power.
    Explosive Potential - consuming itself if gained during mid-cast. showing as cd reset on cast time abilities(icon), but still using baseline cd on spells as cd timer, so not working needs fixed
    PA Thresher - currently grants Full Fury. Tooltip does not indicate this should happen so assuming bug.

Root Abilities
    Expulse - purge working, dmg buff not working
    Subsume - bonus damage stacks not working for when target is moving.
    Flamewalker - doing 1/3 the damage. Should deal tooltip dmg value displayed per tic, not over entire duration. Also dealing Life not Fire damage.
    Drown - component for dmg redux debuff not working. int working, debilitate not working.
    Vaporize - remove tooltip for EB reset(EB has no cd anymore); CP Bonus given is 18.2% CP

Thanks to Rob and Lith with testing and compilation
    Last edited by arbaal; 03-21-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Soulwalker

Hi i am not experianced at testing thing but what i was noticed is that Mealstrom have no animation of spells at all. I was thinking that if you want sell next soul pack for good monney again focus on mechanics of that souls but also put some shiny looking spells for people to see the difference. I know its beta still but even in live with Typhoon example i can see nobody cares that Hail Volley has no animation at all???
    Do you plan to live soul like this or you will work also on animation effects along with mechanics?
    Sorry for my engilsh i am not native speaker.
    Thanks

Default Balance 10/10

<-Lord->
    <-King BD-> <-Below Average Rogue-> <-The Unknown Shaman->

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by atdt911 View Post
    Hi i am not experianced at testing thing but what i was noticed is that Mealstrom have no animation of spells at all. I was thinking that if you want sell next soul pack for good monney again focus on mechanics of that souls but also put some shiny looking spells for people to see the difference. I know its beta still but even in live with Typhoon example i can see nobody cares that Hail Volley has no animation at all???
    Do you plan to live soul like this or you will work also on animation effects along with mechanics?
    Thanks
    I fully support this, as soon as I saw the lack of spell effects. I instantly binned off the soul pack

Update from 23rd March:

Summon Beacon: It`s confused about it`s ranged:
    -Moving out of range and back in don`t give you again stacks(if you touch it and move 1-2m away you can get stacks again very weird behaviour)
    -Casting it on max range(25m away from you) still give you stacks as long as you don`t move(2m radius or something like that).
    -like all gtaes it`s effective summon range is 25m and not the displayed 30m.

Savage Excitement: The heal procs Resilient Soul. The CP increase of this talent still don`t work.

Explosive Potential: Still consuming itself if you get the buff while casting and not triggering the no cd if you get while casting a spell with cd.

Thresher: Still don`t give 2 tics if the ability has 2 initial dmg parts(Vaporize and Scald)

Excoriate and Squall(Dervish) can only applied to one target(bug or intended?; tooltip not up to date?)

That`s all I found after quick testing. Still happy to see a few fixes and changes
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-23-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Telaran

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Effervescent Blast and Vaporize will both sometimes ignore the presence of their insta-cast procs and insist on having their full cast times. This happens both, when using the ability from a keybinding, and from manually clicking the proc.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by atdt911 View Post
    Thanks
    I would be curious to know what graphics settings you're on - it sounds like there may be a bug with some configuration, or a bug with the PTS server? Maelstrom definitely has new VFX for every ability, and I've never seen them disappear on me - so any info you can give would be helpful!
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I would be curious to know what graphics settings you're on - it sounds like there may be a bug with some configuration, or a bug with the PTS server? Maelstrom definitely has new VFX for every ability, and I've never seen them disappear on me - so any info you can give would be helpful!
    GTX 770. Ultra settings.

Soulwalker

Default pvp maelstorm

tested maelstorm in pvp 1 vs1

Maelstorm vs Pyromancer

no way to win, pyro has 2 debilitate abilities that makes vaporize uncastable, all other abilities deal no damage and have 2s cast time too, DoT abilities do not any damage too. No self healing, no blinks.

Maelstorm vs Harbringer

The same, when start casting vaporize u get stun and die in seconds.

Maelstorm vs NB

The same. NB aean don't use ulti to kill maelstorm

Assasin

the same

Inquisitor

the same

Marksman

The same

Ranger
    All the damage goes to pet even if u're able to cast it. So no chance at all

The biggest trouble is that u have too long cast time of all spells, also only one spell (vaporize) deals ok damage. No way to wait final tick of Excoriate cuz 20 seconds is enough to kill maelstorm in any soul. Instant cast proc from armor doesn't really help - it's too random.

The only one soul that I killed was the new Shadeborn. Just because it's dps is really low and it havent stun or something else and can't do nothimg at all now.

So the one way to play mael in pvp is to stand in a crowd and hope that you will have proc of instant cast for your vaporize. Btw the name of proc is similar to name of armor, so there's no way to use kalert for it. In 1 vs 1 maelstorm have no chances to win if enemie has interrupt or debiliate. Too random soul, too much of procs that u depend on.

p.s. Doesn't matter if vaporize crits 2x60 or 2x80k. U cant cast it when fighting with pvp player that knows how to use his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Enciferum View Post
    I did not test maelstrom in pvp, and instead wrote a bunch of false feedback.
    Please go back to the PTS and read the talents and abilities of the Maelstrom soul and provide proper feedback in the future instead of wasting everybody's time. Thanks.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-24-2016 at 07:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Please go back to the PTS and read the talents and abilities of the Maelstrom soul and provide proper feedback in the future instead of wasting everybody's time. Thanks.
    Please go back to the pts and try to kill skilled rogue or mage in pvp spec, not in shadeborn

Default 3/24/16 PTS bugs

Thanks to Soulshield for listing some newer bugs above

Mastery Interaction
    Ethereal Meditation - 2nd hit of Vaporize and Scald does not benefit from mastery.

Branch Abilities
    Burst of Steam - this ability is not working. no stacks of EB are given at all.
    Flashpoint Beacon - does not despawn. Prior was 1min on tooltip now lists -1s. Range is also wonky right now from being 25m ability to distance from beacon to receive stacks.
    Savage Excitement - Resilient Soul buff given when heal fires off. CP buff not working
    Explosive Potential - consuming itself if gained during mid-cast. showing as cd reset on cast time abilities(icon), but still using baseline cd on spells as cd timer, so not working needs fixed
    PA Thresher - 2nd hit of Vaporize and Scald does not benefit from PA thresher.

Root Abilities
    Drown - 10% debuff is placed on you, if you interrupt, not the target
    Subsume - bonus damage/stun stacks not working for when target is moving.
    Flamewalker - still doing Life damage.
    Vaporize - remove tooltip for EB reset(EB has no cd anymore)
    Last edited by arbaal; 03-24-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Basically Maelstrom is a turret in a cage at the moment(caster and Beacon limiting movement for max dps).

Would be nice if the Beacon can work properly soon and instead of giving a flat dmg buff it should make Scald instant(removing it`s cast time)and changing the 5 stacks to gain dmg(10% total instead of 5) on fire dmg or Eff Blast, Plasma and Vaporize.
    This would make Maelstrom more mobile in it`s cage.

Also maybe remove the 50% Ethereal dmg of the Thresher Avatar and make it instead 200-300% incrased Scald dmg so you have an mobile burst phase after casting Vaporize together with the Beacon change.

Also some interaction with Searing Plasma would be nice so you just can`t macro it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Basically Maelstrom is a turret in a cage at the moment(caster and Beacon limiting movement for max dps).

Would be nice if the Beacon can work properly soon and instead of giving a flat dmg buff it should make Scald instant(removing it`s cast time)and changing the 5 stacks to gain dmg(10% total instead of 5) on fire dmg or Eff Blast, Plasma and Vaporize.
    This would make Maelstrom more mobile in it`s cage.
    I really like the idea with Beacon making Scald insta-cast. Would just need to ensure procs of Font of Sublimation clearcast do not get eaten if you were casting an insta-cast Scald.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast