+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maelstrom Feedback Thread

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    As soon as Explosive Potential procs you can use Vaporize even if it is on cooldown.
    I can't, not sure how your are able to.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Remingtonsteely View Post
    Abilities are appearing off cool down but actually aren't,
    Example of this is if I use the Primal Avatar about 10 seconds later it appears off cool down but it actually isn't.
    This was experienced inside the dummy foundry

Edit: Explosive Potential is what is causing the misleading cooldowns on the bars

So when explosive potential procs, it looks like all your abilities go of cooldown but they really don't
    Last edited by Caitise; 03-19-2016 at 04:20 AM.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Soulwalker

Pro:
    -has utility

Cons
    -terrible gameplay 1 macro and 2 dots
    -no interrupt (20sec + traveltime)
    -in every single aspect getting outvalued by vulacnist
    -even in pvp this specc will be useless cause of endless casts
    -only 2 spells does dmg

This soul lacks indentity in my option it was designed for pvp only cause there is not a single roll this specc would fit in pve (vulcanist is close to be the highest parsing specc rift 135k in a raid in t3 gear) cause it has no passvie cleave, is a turretcaster and delivers no debuffs. In my opinion you should change all skills to instants so that you get a full mobil rangespecc with utility which aims for pvp and new players otherwise it will end like elementalists as a dead soul.
    Transcendent 9/9 2/2 HM COA 4/4 HM

Quote Originally Posted by Caitise View Post
    I can't, not sure how your are able to.
    Use Vaporize apply Pressurize and wait til EP procs and use Vaporize because it is off cd for the proc.

So when explosive potential procs, it looks like all your abilities go of cooldown but they really don't
    That`s a bug with Explosvie Potential if you are already casting/using other ability while gaining it you consume it otherwise you are able to cast every ability on cd like it shows you.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-19-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Shadowlander

Use Vaporize apply Pressurize and wait til EP procs and use Vaporize because it is off cd for the proc.

That`s a bug with Explosvie Potential if you are already casting/using other ability while gaining it you consume it otherwise you are able to cast every ability on cd like it shows you.

Log to the PTS and test for yourself. EP does not put anything off cd.

Explosive Potential tooltip: "Your Pressurize ticks have a 15% chance to grant Explosive Potential. Explosive Potential causes your next cast-time ability to have no cooldown."

That is exactly how EP works in PTS currently, with the exception that it gets consumed by ANY ability, gets consumed by abilities you are allready casting, and when EP procs, every skill appears to be off cd although they really still are on cd.
    When EP is fixed and it works like the wording in tooltip says, using it on anything else than Vaporize will be a dps loss. This means you can not use a spam macro where Vaporize is included, when you don't have EP proc that is.

As for making a spam macro which has Effervescent Blast -> Searing Plasma -> Scald in it, currently it seems like that is the way to go. The numbers on EB, SP and Scald need to be tuned so that Scald does more damage than EB or SP when hard casted, But EB and SP should do more damage than Scald when casted with Font of Sublimation proc.

If Scald was 1 second cast time instead of 1.5 second, this would allready be the case, And i have a hunch that this has allready been thought about and there will be a mastery for lowering the cast time of Scald, it just has not made it to the PTS yet.

This all said, until EP gets fixed and we get to see the masteries for Maelstrom, i see no point in trying out any different builds or "rotations" with maelstrom.
    Last edited by Caitise; 03-19-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Shadowlander

Heya,
    my basic look on this new soul as a T3 raider

i will not asking about abillities whitch are corectly made or have mistakes and so on.. basicly for me a Huuuuge disapointed !! what can i do with that ? spam dots all over (boooring) and do hard casts 2s and reliable if something will turn on insta or not.. about overal decent dps in raid there cant be a talk, on pvp, pfff.. okay, has finally some "utilities " but still, standing on place and do hard casts on pvp ?! NO way..

i supposed will be added for us raid healing spec or some support, but this soul, comapred to vulcanist, maaan... thats a hundred steps back, not forward.
    "Dervish+Vulcanist are ultimate souls"

I prepared rexes, for new soul pack , just becose of primalist new soul, but this one, if it wont be drasticly changed , there is 0% chance to buy this soul pack for me

(sry for grasmmar, am non-EN speaker)

Regards Aca

Log to the PTS and test for yourself. EP does not put anything off cd.
    Yeah sry my fault thought it would be Vorpal Salvo like behavior and seems like I imagined that I could get off some Vaporize between it`s cd in the raid rifts yesterday.

But in my opinion a force crit(or something different) on Vaporize and a buff duration increase by 15 seconds through Explosive Intent would be more reliable than hoping that the 15% procchance can grant you every 8 sec a proc. Then you also could aim for doing your Pressurize and Vaporize only with 20 Pressure stacks.

Edit: Major Bug: Seems like the soul gift is not working...putting 31 points into Maelstrom don`t increase Scald dmg but putting points into Dervish. This explains why Fury Blast does so crappy dmg in Maelstrom xD
    Is the earlier name Evoker? Soul gift says putting points into Evoker.

-Pressurize building up a Pressure stack every tic but other dots only on initial hit.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-19-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Could someone post the most optimal rotation prettie pls!

Did someone parse 61 Vulc with 5 Maelstrom already?

Telaran

Spiritualism is bugged at the moment if you're someone who likes to macro Spiritualism, it's working the way it did when the 65 mastery bug hit live awhile back. You just kind of stand there and unable to cast anything within the macro that contains Spiritualism even though it's off CD.
    It usually stopped working for me about 2:30 into any parse.

Shadowlander

-Pressurize building up a Pressure stack every tic but other dots only on initial hit.
    Good catch, after trying this out I noticed alot of inconsistency in how Building Pressure stacks are granted.

-Scald grants 2 stacks on cast, 1 stack on hit (3 in total)
    -Searing Plasma grants 1 stack on cast, 1 stack on hit (2 in total)
    -Effervescent Blast 2 stacks on cast, 1 stack on hit (3)
    -Vaporize 3 stacks on cast, 1 stack on hit (4)
    -Subsume 1 stack on cast, 0 stack on hit (1)
    -Excoriate 1 stack on cast, 1 stack on hit (2)
    -Flamewalker 2 stacks on cast, 0 on hits (2)
    -Blast wave 1 stack on cast, 1 stack on every knockback, you need to actually be able to knockback the target, targets immune to kb don't give the stack
    -Spiritualism (the 65 mastery) grants a stack on self cast, does not grant a stack on enemy cast

But in my opinion a force crit(or something different) on Vaporize and a buff duration increase by 15 seconds through Explosive Intent would be more reliable than hoping that the 15% procchance can grant you every 8 sec a proc. Then you also could aim for doing your Pressurize and Vaporize only with 20 Pressure stacks.
    I quess when you are talking about Explosive Intent you mean Explosive Potential?
    I wouldn't chance anything about EP, instead i would just increase the crit power buff duration granted by Vaporize if that is what you were concerned, but we will have to wait for EP fix to determine if 8 second duration is already enough. Assuming 100% uptime of the buff would definitely make it easier to balance the soul.

I would also suggest that 20 Building Pressure stacks lets you cast a 0 sec cooldown Vaporize, with the damage increase included. This way using your Primal Avatar: Tresher wouldn't feel underwhelming if you don't have an EP proc waiting and you could also line your PA:T with raid cooldowns.
    I don't like the idea of having to hold on using a skill just to get X stacks of something, we already have inquisitor with life and death concord working almost like that.

With the current design, Maelstrom would be the first real "proc based" soul, having more proc dependant playstyle than a Pyro for example. It would not be pulling consistent numbers but you would have your highs and lows.

I would also make Flamewalker remove all crowd control effects, other souls break frees are out of the reach unless you would be willing to give up Vaporize, which is the bread and butter of the whole soul.

BUG:
    Subsume does not deal increased damage to moving targets, and the stun is not working either.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Shadowlander

Did someone parse 61 Vulc with 5 Maelstrom already?
    With only 5 minutes spend with 31vulc/5mael i was already parsing about the same as 31/6/2.
    Im sure with more practice 31/5 would outshine 31/6/2 by a lot. The playstyle seems horrible and I would really like to see Boiling Rage placed higher into the soul tree. Even 31/5 dervish/maelstrom would probably do better than the current.

Leaving boiling rage where it is now could potentially mean having to learn new rotations for every single primalist spec apart from Preserver and Titan. The amount of work needed to re-balance the souls afterwards would be far more work than anything Primalist has received since release.
    Last edited by Caitise; 03-20-2016 at 01:40 AM.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Shadowlander

Primal Avatar: Tresher grants the 20 Building Pressure stacks 1 after another in a fast pace, it still takes longer than a second to get them all. I feel like it should just immediately grant you 20 stacks, the way Fanaticism grants 4 stacks of life and death concord for Inquisitors.
    Semiwise@Gelidra

Soulwalker

Default testing summary

Soul tree:

Reservoir of power - "Dealing water damage increas your critical severity by 12% for 10 seconds"

really gives you 2% critical damage for 4 of 31 points spent in soul. Not very useful thing, is it?

Flashpoint beacon - summons beacon that increases your damage by 10% if staying near, blah blah blah

Uncomfortable ability. I mean I must do macro like "target @self cast @gtae beacon target lasttarget". Why don't make it automatically appear on your place?

Signed spirit - 30% on crit converts all damage to ethereal. Pretty funny to see it in soul that depend on casting fire (6% crit) and water (critpower) abilities

Explosive potential - very interesting mechanic but now it is totally bugged. U lose it's buff fram all the casts, not depending if it haven't CD at all. Also is u alerady casting whan the proc appears, u lose it in end of cast and it doesn't work. All will try to catch this proc to cast Vaporize (cuz the soul have only one damaging ability) so i think it'd be bettr to change it to something like "%chance to clear Vaporize cooldown"

Savage excitement - "Your critical hit damage is increased by 30%" - don't see this in stats. Maye there must be any condition thats nott writed in annotation?

Soul "roots"

Pressurize - Don't think it should consume any stacks of Building Pressure with this numbers of damage. Needed only to gain proc of EP, gives about 7% of dps

Scald - 2x20c crit damage in full t3 is not ok for 1,5s casting spam ability. Really. Maxhit 29k, average hit 16.7 (so about 60k maxhit and 33 average)

Effervescent blast - 120k maxhit 74k average. 2 second cast time. Really?

Expulse - finnally i get a purge! dunno why do i need 6% damage bonus after use. Maybe it'll be usefull in pvp.

Subsume - broken ability. Extremely low damage in pve and pvp. Stun doesn't work. Useless in pve

Flamewalker - Broken annotation. It deals not "x to y damage every 0,75 second" but deals "x to y damage for 3 seconds while you are losing your fury stacks ano your dps goes down so don't use this ****". Dunno why do i need this trash. Give please blink instead of it

Font of sublimation - Better'd be to make all the cast time shorter than to have it as proc.

Searing plasma - 111k maxhit 82k average. 2s cast time. It becomes annoying

Blast wave - wrong annotation. Grants 5 ticks of knocking back low damage aoe. Nice for pvp, useless for pve.

Excoriate - very interesting ability. Do nothing wth it. it's ok right now.

Drown - why dont it debiliate if not interrupt? Also 20s cooldown comparing to 8s in other primalist souls makes it weaker. Also it lays too high in tree.

Vaporize - the one ability of maelstorm that does nice damage (near 40% of dps). 514 k maxhit, 327 average, always hit twice. Al other Abilities are useless, comparing to it. It doesn't mean u should cut it 2 time, it means other abilities must be usefull too. Also is op in pvp, got 2 hits near 60k. But if it will damage less then 25k in pvp, nobodi will play maelstorm there cuz all ther buttons have too low damage in it now.

Summary. We have the bugged "one-skill-depending" soul with damage same to vulcanist but with no aoe and very unstable dps depeding on proc. Dunno if i want to play it.
    Last edited by Enciferum; 03-20-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Primal Avatar Thresher: Seems to double dip :320k initial dmg results in 179k dmg from Thresher(because it should be Ethereal dmg it would scale with %dmg buffs).

Shadowlander

As a subsoul with this malestorm am satesfite.. Tried with dps souls and only with vulcanist i did more, rotation with keeping on fury on raid boss dummy with compared with classic 31vul 4der 4typ with +32%ap/wd . With 31vul 5mal for fury + crit percentage and this rage ability + 3rd subsoul +12%ap/wd i did proximetly +10k overal dps on 5min rotation. i did it more than 3times and result was allredy min. +10k

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast