+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Playing my primalist less and less. Already bored..

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    433

    Default Playing my primalist less and less. Already bored..

    I was quite excited to have a new class for pvp, which is all i play in rift.
    But i was gutted to discover only 6 souls and even worse only half the points and a lack of abilities... Partly my fault as i should have done research, but why wouldnt i expect to have the standard 76 points etc same as every other class?

    So, theres very little variety. Cant hybrid much. And im bored already.
    Feels like less than half a class.
    Feels unfinished.
    Wish i hadnt wasted my money and time.
    Definately wont be paying for the other primalist souls unless they up it to 76points and more abilities. And even then i will feel like im paying twice for something i expected in the first place.

    Disappointed in the primalist.
    3/10

  2. #2
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Oh yeah for pvp i completely agree, it's ****ing atrocious. As soon as anyone even does so much as look at you you are literally ****ed.

    So much of your damage is put into a single ability as well that if it either A) Doesn't crit or B) Gets interrupted, you have no chance of doing anything but going full pyro and attempt to abuse cast time+instant with travel time+Instant with no travel time+Stack a dot tick to try and take someone out, but with like 30% of the damage you should have.

    Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

    R.I.P <Coriolis>

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Loratex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    253

    Default

    the only problem with primalist in pvp is the broken mitigation, damage is still pretty crazy if you know what you're doing

  4. #4
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loratex View Post
    the only problem with primalist in pvp is the broken mitigation, damage is still pretty crazy if you know what you're doing
    Yah, the aoe padding with beacon.

    Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

    R.I.P <Coriolis>

  5. #5
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Yah, the aoe padding with beacon.
    My beacon doesn't even work anywhere, vulcanist itself just simply feels like it's lacking overall sustained damage, most things hit like a wet noodle.

    Dervgish on the other hand is a machine, only a paragon blowing cds keeps up with this. Ofc it sucks quite a bit for turtle hard and heal harder stockpiles of horribly boring matches.

    Besides that it's lacking some utility and it's definitely far too squishy because resists are still not fixed not even addressed by a single dev.

    Typhoon is pretty great in cq, the burst in the right moment can break another team up marvellously well, preserver is really good for pvpheals also (despite suffering more than anyone else from the increased damage taken post t2 bolstering ceiling. It was damn near immortal before but with simply more offensive stats and more or less the same ****ing hp it's just not as sturdy anymore (so is anyone else also though and that's fault to the horrific bolstering stats. I expect T3 downbolster to push your hp higher than wearing full bis runed and orbed t2)

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser PrincessToxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    386

    Default

    im pretty sure the primalist was introduced as a cash cow.. everyone bought it because it was OP and now that sales have dwindled for it, its being nerfed and is no longer worth playing.

    **I actually stopped playing my primalist after it hit 65.
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 12-21-2015 at 05:43 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    im pretty sure the primalist was introduced as a cash cow.. everyone bought it because it was OP and now that sales have dwindled for it, its being nerfed and is no longer worth playing.

    **I actually stopped playing my primalist after it hit 65.
    Hasn't been advertised as that, still toplines dps quite well because the passive cleave is op.

    All in all the current state of primalist is that it hits REALLY ****ING HARD for the most part.
    The 31 points soultree wasn't much of a bad idea, we get to bathe in high tooltips and almost all specs having riddiculous weapon contribution and ap that surpasses warriors and rogues by a long shot.
    The only part where they went wrong is to release the trees with that tight of a bottomsection, 31 points is enough for the top but the bottom definitely needs more utility.
    It wasn't exactly advertised as a hybrid friendly soul though, gotta be honest and the avatars just simply prove that, they're other classes top of the tree abilities on steroids.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Im not talking about performance though, im talking about fun.
    Even after playing the other classes for years on and off i can still experiment with hybrids and moving a few points around here and there and setting up new playstyles etc, thats what rift offers that other mmo's dont.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    Im not talking about performance though, im talking about fun.
    Even after playing the other classes for years on and off i can still experiment with hybrids and moving a few points around here and there and setting up new playstyles etc, thats what rift offers that other mmo's dont.
    If you're not a mage I gotta say teach me your ways, master.
    "playstyles" have been eliminated long ago, you play your 61 point spec for most classes and most souls, the little possible and actually viable hybrids are long known and have guides to them. Experimenting and unique buildmaking was eradicated with SL...

  10. #10
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    im pretty sure the primalist was introduced as a cash cow.. everyone bought it because it was OP and now that sales have dwindled for it, its being nerfed and is no longer worth playing.

    **I actually stopped playing my primalist after it hit 65.
    I dont actually buy any soul packs for this reason, no need to wake up one morning to find out Ferrari has come to my driveway in the night and replaced my motor with a crappy one, because "it went too fast".
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    If you're not a mage I gotta say teach me your ways, master.
    "playstyles" have been eliminated long ago, you play your 61 point spec for most classes and most souls, the little possible and actually viable hybrids are long known and have guides to them. Experimenting and unique buildmaking was eradicated with SL...
    No you got me all wrong.
    i get much more satisfaction playing my own build than i would playing the optimal pyro or mm or whatever build from a guide. I dont enjoy playing fotm. I like variety. I dont feel the need to be the best and some of my experiments are absolute turd lol.. But thats what i like.
    Fundamentally i know how to play so i dont feel im ever a weak link in whatever random pug wf im in.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    No you got me all wrong.
    i get much more satisfaction playing my own build than i would playing the optimal pyro or mm or whatever build from a guide. I dont enjoy playing fotm. I like variety. I dont feel the need to be the best and some of my experiments are absolute turd lol.. But thats what i like.
    Fundamentally i know how to play so i dont feel im ever a weak link in whatever random pug wf im in.
    Just simply wanted to say I agree. My favorite part of rift has been theory-crafting builds. So to have the soul only have 31 points was kind of crushing. Especially with no support soul, and how little they work with each other in the bottom end of the soul points. Can't stack Fonts (as if it'd really make things OP) and the most any one soul has is like, 2 or 3 buffs, so you can't even grab a few of those from another soul. And with so few points, you can only really dip into one other soul as oppose to spreading between three. I still appreciate the game, but I sincerely do wish they would've made this a 76 point soul and at least had one of them be a support soul.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    I dont actually buy any soul packs for this reason, no need to wake up one morning to find out Ferrari has come to my driveway in the night and replaced my motor with a crappy one, because "it went too fast".
    I feel exactly the same. As a patron for the entire life of RIFT, I have experienced this exact thing on more than one occasion. I don't think it's fair to take what's been paid for!

  14. #14
    Telaran SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I don't think it's been mentioned here but OP said he would not be paying for any more Primalist souls.

    It's has been reported a few times that the new primalist souls (3 or 4 of 'em) are in the works, probably due late summer and WILL COST NOTHING EXTRA if you already own the Primalist calling.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    I don't think it's been mentioned here but OP said he would not be paying for any more Primalist souls.

    It's has been reported a few times that the new primalist souls (3 or 4 of 'em) are in the works, probably due late summer and WILL COST NOTHING EXTRA if you already own the Primalist calling.
    And some of the reported features of them will make them almost a necessity in pvp. I believe it was called rolling fog or something to that extent. Hopefully they will come sooner than latter though having some support talents will help with the theory crafting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts