+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make Nature's Keeper a toggle

Default Make Nature's Keeper a toggle

Right now it's just always on, and most of the time it's not a problem, but sometimes there are situations where you'd rather NOT have it. With Purifier's Eruption you have the option of not using it, but with Nature's Keeper it's always on. For example, last night I was healing the triplets in Rhen of Fate and I kept taking reflect damage while healing the tank because Nature's Keeper was proccing on the target that had the opposite sign as me. I like the way it works for the most part, but just make it a toggle ability so you can turn it off for fights where damaging can sometimes be detrimental to you.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Lurentia View Post
    Right now it's just always on, and most of the time it's not a problem, but sometimes there are situations where you'd rather NOT have it. With Purifier's Eruption you have the option of not using it, but with Nature's Keeper it's always on. For example, last night I was healing the triplets in Rhen of Fate and I kept taking reflect damage while healing the tank because Nature's Keeper was proccing on the target that had the opposite sign as me. I like the way it works for the most part, but just make it a toggle ability so you can turn it off for fights where damaging can sometimes be detrimental to you.
    I am curious. When you were healing the tanks on the 2nd boss of RoF, did you have the tank targeted or one of the mobs and healing the tank via mouseovers?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I am curious. When you were healing the tanks on the 2nd boss of RoF, did you have the tank targeted or one of the mobs and healing the tank via mouseovers?
    I know the point of the question, and to clarify it has happened to me as well where nature's keeper has been the culprit to killing me many times, runic feedback on king and prince included.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    I know the point of the question, and to clarify it has happened to me as well where nature's keeper has been the culprit to killing me many times, runic feedback on king and prince included.
    I can somewhat understand runic feedback causing damage due to nature's keeper, and I can imagine it being a pita. Welcome to chloro healing =PP (jk but yeah)

However, on RoF. If the op was targeting the correct mob, it should not damage him with nature's keeper. If the op was targeting the tank, and the tank was targeting the wrong mob, I can understand why nature's keeper would cause damage.

Hence my questioning as to who the OP was targeting while healing during this particular encounter.

I agree that Nature's Keeper should be a toggle or something. It is something that I attempted to get done, but the word "toggle" is a dangerous one. A buff placed on your target, or a buff placed on your, which would enable or disable Nature's Keeper would be advised, shall see. I will continue to fight the good fight.
    Last edited by Deeew; 12-07-2015 at 03:36 PM.

I had the tank directly targeted, not sure if this helps.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Lurentia View Post
    I had the tank directly targeted, not sure if this helps.
    It does help, thanks for the info.

Plane Walker

Does chloromancer have the same problem, judging by the post from Deew i think they do.
    But if thats the case, wouldnt it be the same as asking chloromancer to be able to avoid that aswell.

Nature's Keeper only causes Nurture channel to do damage of Naturalize by X and Y values.

Cant you heal the tank during those moments with other spells and abilities?

And isnt it same with Chloro then, maybe not on HOW in RoF (as you perhaps could outheal the damage done to you), but lets say when Runic Feedback is up.
    Doesnt a chloro have to use other spells during that time, or switch targets to something that isnt reflected?

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Does chloromancer have the same problem, judging by the post from Deew i think they do.
    But if thats the case, wouldnt it be the same as asking chloromancer to be able to avoid that aswell.

Nature's Keeper only causes Nurture channel to do damage of Naturalize by X and Y values.

And isnt it same with Chloro then, maybe not on HOW in RoF (as you perhaps could outheal the damage done to you), but lets say when Runic Feedback is up.
    Doesnt a chloro have to use other spells during that time, or switch targets to something that isnt reflected?
    We can use the diverse movepool of preserver and use inundate.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    We can use the diverse movepool of preserver and use inundate.
    Yeah i know i can, but im asking why he cant.

Aenomaly - Draenor
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post

In the example of the OP's issue in RoF, chloros can just simply target the correct mob to heal.

In the example of RKM in HK, the chloro can begin a channel before the mechanic starts, and then no we cannot heal using traditional means until the mechanic has finished. We can use our non-dps methods to heal until then.

edit:
    I believe the issue with Nature's Keeper is that it is AoE and damaging both mobs, without any way to control that. Yes you can use non-nurture healing, but you would have to do so every "apart" mechanic, which is often, and I see this being a challenge but not impossible. This is what makes it different from chloro healing the same encounter.
    Last edited by Deeew; 12-09-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Plane Walker

In the example of the OP's issue in RoF, chloros can just simply target the correct mob to heal.

In the example of RKM in HK, the chloro can begin a channel before the mechanic starts, and then no we cannot heal using traditional means until the mechanic has finished. We can use our non-dps methods to heal until then.

edit:
    I believe the issue with Nature's Keeper is that it is AoE and damaging both mobs, without any way to control that. Yes you can use non-nurture healing, but you would have to do so every "apart" mechanic, which is often, and I see this being a challenge but not impossible. This is what makes it different from chloro healing the same encounter.
    Yeah true, and i keep forgetting that we usually do RoF with t2/t3 gear aswell. Wich inflates all my toughts about others thats just started.

So yeah, this should be fixed i guess.
    Devs probably can add an execptions to the damage done by it, or as OP said, a toggle.

Aenomaly - Draenor

+ Reply to Thread