+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huge difference at 65?

Soulwalker

Question Huge difference at 65?

Has anyone else experienced the great difference between playing up to 64, and then when hitting 65 becoming a wet napkin?

I have a 65 rogue, and the transition wasn't so drastic. I hit 65 yesterday on primalist, got crafted gear, 2 gold items from Jolt boxes, new wep, etc. And getting utterly dropped within seconds in warfronts.

Suggestions?

Yes, pvp as a primalist dps sucks outside of Ethereal Beam.

I only dps on maps where the enemy clumps together because that's where vulcanist really shines, put your beacon down and spam the hell out of molten wave, then just EB when it's up.

Other then that you are just a wet noodle with no cc.

Do you have all you item slots full? Best advice I can give is to have all you item slots full because bolstering is very important for providing new 65s a chance at survival in pvp (those earring slots are tedious to grind - but well worth it). This is very important so that you don't die the second a fully geared player looks at you (believe me - this has happened to me, before I wised up and started buying gear/running dungeons for more gear) .

Also, not sure if you've tried this yet - but maybe experiment with points in a tank soul. When I run pvp on my rogue, I always have 4 points in Riftstalker for survivability. I haven't studied primalist, so not sure what you would have to do exactly.
    Last edited by Coldsprite; 11-11-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post

I only dps on maps where the enemy clumps together because that's where vulcanist really shines, put your beacon down and spam the hell out of molten wave, then just EB when it's up.

So that's the only viable alternative? I have been enjoying dervish, etc. But any spec at 65 seems to get me blown up. Hoping gear will help.

Any experiences with raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrrm View Post
    So that's the only viable alternative? I have been enjoying dervish, etc. But any spec at 65 seems to get me blown up. Hoping gear will help.

Any experiences with raids?
    I too run Dervish sometimes in PVP. I have 4 pts in Preserver and makes a ton of difference when you can heal yourself even more than what Dervish already self heals you for. Also, use your Vampiric Essence from PA buffs. Use pretty much any and all PA consumables that help you heal/shield.

Also use your charge/root/pulls to get a healer or your target away from the mass of enemies and just dps them down. Also, don't get too far from your own healers. If you don't have reliable heals, I suggest just going Vulcanist and dps'ing from afar. Only 1 Interrupt on it though.

I'm not geared at all, 1k hit with ephemeral gear so stats are crap compared to if I was full dungeon geared - went with a progression guild for my first Bulf kill on primalist as Vulc and was doing about 50k dps (I suck at primalist "rotations"), haven't tried Dervish for raiding yet though. Would probably work really well in RoF except for Finric.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Preserver is pretty great in PvP. The 50% snare was really annoying, but it should be better now that it's 25%.

Huuh? I don't know how you play Vulcanist mate. But since my primalist got alittle gear it's very rare that i don't win the scoreboards on damage by atleast a mil damage?

In fact I am kinda assuming that they will nerf Vulcanist again soon. It does obsene damage and not just eatheral beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    Huuh? I don't know how you play Vulcanist mate. But since my primalist got alittle gear it's very rare that i don't win the scoreboards on damage by atleast a mil damage?

In fact I am kinda assuming that they will nerf Vulcanist again soon. It does obsene damage and not just eatheral beam.
    Yes the 4k vorpal salvo's and SOB's 2k fury blasts are so good. I totally agree.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrrm View Post
    Has anyone else experienced the great difference between playing up to 64, and then when hitting 65 becoming a wet napkin?

I have a 65 rogue, and the transition wasn't so drastic. I hit 65 yesterday on primalist, got crafted gear, 2 gold items from Jolt boxes, new wep, etc. And getting utterly dropped within seconds in warfronts.

Suggestions?
    Im 100% sure the resist on primalist is bugged, its the same in raids. Primalists are taking more damage then they should compared to the other classes.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Im 100% sure the resist on primalist is bugged, its the same in raids. Primalists are taking more damage then they should compared to the other classes.
    Good to know. My guildies got me runes, etc. And it helped tremendously!

+ Reply to Thread