+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Preserver mobility nerf

Yeaaaah, this 50% snare is atrocious.

Soulwalker

Default This is to harsh

Maybe a 30% reduction in speed while healing, but now I cant even use it to atk, people just run away, and i was using it as my main ST nuke in my Typhoon build

Soulwalker

Default unplayable in pvp now

This changed the play style so much its not even viable imo, i see a fix coming next patch for this, there is no way this can stay as it is, what about in a dungeon where you are the main heal and are required to move during the fight, what are you suppose to do? stop healing the tank

Can preserver get back its mobility, instead nerf nurture healing output or fix the soul to NOT worth spamming nurture.

In pvp this snare means no escape from melee, they don't even need to use any cd.

Bad, bad trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    Can preserver get back its mobility, instead nerf nurture healing output or fix the soul to NOT worth spamming nurture.

In pvp this snare means no escape from melee, they don't even need to use any cd.

Bad, bad trion.
    In all honest, I don't think the healing reduction is even something considerable. I would rather it prevent from gaining/maintaining Blossoms. No blossoms = Not using Cultivate's Hasty Blossom proc cos you won't gain any. Most people don't (or rather shouldn't) be channeling Nurture as a main "save" heal.

Blossoms on target, channel Nurture while moving => remove Blossoms. Now you have no Hasty Blossoms proc. That right there combined with Deluge and Essence Flow are why mobility was/is huge with Preserver.

But it's literally no different than Sentinel's movement. Fullness of Life, Healing Flare x3 => Crucial Invocation, Touch the Light + Crucial Invocation. You can literally never stand still as Sentinel and have insane healing output............. I won't even touch base with Liberator because you can literally move nonstop if played right.
    Last edited by Riane; 11-05-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer43 View Post
    This changed the play style so much its not even viable imo, i see a fix coming next patch for this, there is no way this can stay as it is, what about in a dungeon where you are the main heal and are required to move during the fight, what are you suppose to do? stop healing the tank
    Don't use that mastery?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team

Preservers are very strong healers. With full speed during Nurture channels, they were essentially able to do 100% of their throughput while moving at a speed which prevented melee from sticking to them at all. Now that they can only move at half speed during channels, they have to choose between peeling assailants off themselves or healing at full capacity, which makes for a much more fair PvP scenario.

We opted for this instead of a throughput reduction solution because any throughput reduction could not be triggered only while the Preserver was moving, and thus would lower their healing at all times while the Mastery was selected. This, I felt, was not desireable.

Nurture snare + DPS snare (tested with NB's) = movement speed akin to RP walking. That is pretty awful.

Goin' back to Liberator!

Soulwalker

Default What about the damage Component of nurture

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Preservers are very strong healers. With full speed during Nurture channels, they were essentially able to do 100% of their throughput while moving at a speed which prevented melee from sticking to them at all. Now that they can only move at half speed during channels, they have to choose between peeling assailants off themselves or healing at full capacity, which makes for a much more fair PvP scenario.

We opted for this instead of a throughput reduction solution because any throughput reduction could not be triggered only while the Preserver was moving, and thus would lower their healing at all times while the Mastery was selected. This, I felt, was not desireable.
    I use a Hybrid typhoon Build that uses Nurture for ST damage, in pvp its fricking useless , when trying to attack someone i get snared, thats just bad design.

And What about when your Healing in Dungeons and need to move constantly,and you moving at basicly a little faster then walking spds makes it hard to avoid Ground Target damage, to Los special Atks, run mobs to your tank, ect ect and still maintain healing on the tank and grp.

Also Nurtures Damaging effect wasnt taken into account when this change was made, its the perservers only damaging anytime attack.
    Last edited by jammer43; 11-05-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer43 View Post

And What about when your Healing in Dungeons and need to move constantly,and you moving at basicly a little faster then walking spds makes it hard to avoid Ground Target damage, to Los special Atks, run mobs to your tank, ect ect and still maintain healing on the tank and grp.
    Don't use that mastery?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Soulwalker

Default Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Don't use that mastery?
    So you think going from 50% snare while channeling to not being able to move at all is the answer?

Thats the issue its the only anytime heal, if you dont use the mastery you can not move at all and heal, so either your snared all the time while healing or you can not move at all.

I take that back you can spam inundate and not move as well, basicly turned us into a Chloro as far as mobility
    Last edited by jammer43; 11-05-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Rift Master

50% snare is just over the top. If you're intent on going this route to nerf them in PvP a 30% snare is much more reasonable.

Soulwalker

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    50% snare is just over the top. If you're intent on going this route to nerf them in PvP a 30% snare is much more reasonable.
    50% is way to much, if you get any other kinda snare on top of it your basicly rooted.
    and if your caught alone in pvp there is no escaping your just gonna have to move at turtle spd, hoping to stay alive until someone chances on you and saves you.
    Last edited by jammer43; 11-05-2015 at 03:16 PM.

As a melee I seldom saw a problem catching preservers. If they ran too far, I just changed targets anyway.

Don't think mobility was the problem with preservers in pvp.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-05-2015 at 04:12 PM.

So just a few notes I gotta touch up on in this thread so far:

1) Preserver is NOT as strong or near as strong as a purifier in PVE and is not a replacement by any means at all. It does NOT have amazing shields or cooldowns, it is a sentinel/chloro, NOT a purifier. It has 1 decent shield if it crits - Deluge, the others are 5-10k fluff shields, it has no where near the same capacity of shielding and healing as a purifier for tank heals in PVE.

2) 50% Nerf in pvp is rediculous, it's not like we have a retreat button, but then again I don't really care because compared to chloro this is nothing. It's not like you have to be in attack range of the enemy, stand still to heal, wait for a GCD to finish before healing and deal with travel time and your heals being cleansed or being overwritten or not be able to heal each other.

3) In a dungeon if there is heavy movement you have close to no chance being an undergeared preserver. I read someone saying "Just dont pick the mastery", well if you actually read the mastery, you wouldn't be able to move at all.

4) Zilas is going to suck, I need to use, as Riane said, essence flow for movement now instead of nurture, you could replace this by giving us an instant low healing value heal like healing flare and increasing the output of divine favour for primalists.

Sentinels can escape easier then primalists now actually, all they need to do is put divine favour on them selves and spam healing flare for like 7k-8k non crit heals every gcd, then they get instant cast crucials too.

5) Rip no dueling in raids - Need to relog to reset harmony.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 11-05-2015 at 05:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast