+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree6Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Primal Threat Generation is a no go

  1. #1
    Telaran PlagueWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    98

    Default Primal Threat Generation is a no go

    Has anyone noticed that the Primal tank is horrible at threat generation with both AOE and Single target where targets just peel right off if you don't throw every cool down you got just to maintain and still at times you loos threat. Please tell me they are fixing this. Every tank that pops in dungeons fails horribly as a Primalist. I have tanked 6 out of 20 dungeons successfully as a Primalist and still it was a horrible struggle. Hopefully Trion has a solution. I waited months to tank and make this my main to tank on Primalist. I hope they can make this better at threat generation that it already has.

    PlagueWolf ~ Greybriar
    Aegis Order of the Wolf Pack
    Last edited by PlagueWolf; 10-12-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: add shard
    ~PlagueWolf
    Guild Master
    <The Royal Guards of Valhalla>
    https://rgovrift.wordpress.com/~Webpage
    https://discordapp.com/widget?id=170354469744148480~DISCORD

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    A little late to the party. While it is unknown at this time what is going to change, Trion is aware of the issue.

    You shouldn't really have any problems completing dungeons. It just isn't very engaging to have to use Primal Roar on CD to gain initial threat.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12

    Wink OMG you have no idea

    Quote Originally Posted by AlliaceGM View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the Primal tank is horrible at threat generation with both AOE and Single target where targets just peel right off if you don't throw every cool down you got just to maintain and still at times you loos threat. Please tell me they are fixing this. Every tank that pops in dungeons fails horribly as a Primalist. I have tanked 6 out of 20 dungeons successfully as a Primalist and still it was a horrible struggle. Hopefully Trion has a solution. I waited months to tank and make this my main to tank on Primalist. I hope they can make this better at threat generation that it already has.

    PlagueWolf ~ Greybriar
    Aegis Order of the Wolf Pack
    I know what you mean. I had guildees run me throug dungeons and get me gear first and crafted the best i could. Was well over qualified for dungeons and still, like you said, ripped right off me like a bananna peel. As for successful dungeons, i have had no full clears with primalist tank. Dont get me started in the new dungeon as primalist, people just drop that one off the bat. you need a raid team for that dungeon and a ventrillo just to make calls. but yeah, all the other specs are fine, just my tank is garbage and is sitting on the sidelines just collecting gear waiting for trion to fix the aggro issue. Trion, please make my toes curl and boost the threat generation. Also that single taunt does nothing for us, it seens as soon as we use it and use builders to build threat, it just disappears. We need a threat transfer like the mage has. That could help pull off the healer or highest DPS but wont fix the full threat issue. PLease fix them. we are all waiting to play primalist tank. lets do this.!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oprahtwin View Post
    I know what you mean. I had guildees run me throug dungeons and get me gear first and crafted the best i could. Was well over qualified for dungeons and still, like you said, ripped right off me like a bananna peel. As for successful dungeons, i have had no full clears with primalist tank. Dont get me started in the new dungeon as primalist, people just drop that one off the bat. you need a raid team for that dungeon and a ventrillo just to make calls. but yeah, all the other specs are fine, just my tank is garbage and is sitting on the sidelines just collecting gear waiting for trion to fix the aggro issue. Trion, please make my toes curl and boost the threat generation. Also that single taunt does nothing for us, it seens as soon as we use it and use builders to build threat, it just disappears. We need a threat transfer like the mage has. That could help pull off the healer or highest DPS but wont fix the full threat issue. PLease fix them. we are all waiting to play primalist tank. lets do this.!!!!!!!
    while I agree that primalist threat NEEDS to be addressed, i have successfully completed every 5 man i have tanked....had to stay on my toes a LOT more than was really necessary, but it IS doable.... healing on the other hand... worthless. lol

  5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    158

    Default

    There's a big threat buff coming to Titan in Wednesday's patch, along with several bugfixes that should help their dungeon threat substantially.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
    while I agree that primalist threat NEEDS to be addressed, i have successfully completed every 5 man i have tanked....had to stay on my toes a LOT more than was really necessary, but it IS doable.... healing on the other hand... worthless. lol
    So you are bad at healing, and therefore it's worthless huh? Preserver is incredibly strong in experts.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
    healing on the other hand... worthless. lol
    Uhm, healing is incredibly strong.

    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    There's a big threat buff coming to Titan in Wednesday's patch, along with several bugfixes that should help their dungeon threat substantially.
    do you think that instead of increasing it's threat generation you could just increase it's damage? Or is that a warrior thing having a high dps tank?

    @Deew, I completely agree, although I'd be a fool if I didn't say I've had a hard time trying to justify having a preserver over a purifier assuming there is someone else dedicated to raid healing.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-12-2015 at 03:51 PM.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oprahtwin View Post
    I know what you mean. I had guildees run me throug dungeons and get me gear first and crafted the best i could. Was well over qualified for dungeons and still, like you said, ripped right off me like a bananna peel. As for successful dungeons, i have had no full clears with primalist tank. Dont get me started in the new dungeon as primalist, people just drop that one off the bat. you need a raid team for that dungeon and a ventrillo just to make calls. but yeah, all the other specs are fine, just my tank is garbage and is sitting on the sidelines just collecting gear waiting for trion to fix the aggro issue. Trion, please make my toes curl and boost the threat generation. Also that single taunt does nothing for us, it seens as soon as we use it and use builders to build threat, it just disappears. We need a threat transfer like the mage has. That could help pull off the healer or highest DPS but wont fix the full threat issue. PLease fix them. we are all waiting to play primalist tank. lets do this.!!!!!!!
    Warrior tanks say hi!
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

    Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Did the wednesday patch totally fix the aoe threat issue?

    Im still using the force 10 enemies to attack the tank taunt and 3 secs later (*sometimes*) they are running off me to someone else. Maybe this taunt cd needs to be reduced if we are having to use it every single trash pull?

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yougavemeareason View Post
    Did the wednesday patch totally fix the aoe threat issue?

    Im still using the force 10 enemies to attack the tank taunt and 3 secs later (*sometimes*) they are running off me to someone else. Maybe this taunt cd needs to be reduced if we are having to use it every single trash pull?
    Thats not how tanking works in this game
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default ^_^

    Threat gen is fixed for me! YAY!

    *sheeps Veev and runs away*



    I will get you in game one day!!!!

    ~~Cesa

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yougavemeareason View Post
    Did the wednesday patch totally fix the aoe threat issue?

    Im still using the force 10 enemies to attack the tank taunt and 3 secs later (*sometimes*) they are running off me to someone else. Maybe this taunt cd needs to be reduced if we are having to use it every single trash pull?
    Tank threat was fixed and should no longer be an issue.

    It would help if you told us what you are doing before and after the taunt.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Agreed on the threat completely fixed. Depending on how quickly you go from AoE fight to AoE fight will determine how often you need to use your AoE taunt.

    Was able to tank several fights in HK and IGP without the other tank(s) that holy crap out gear me pulling aggro off of me, too, but they weren't going nuts with the threat the whole time. Still lacking too much gear to be starting raid fights against off tanks to see how well we generate/keep aggro in this situation.
    Grughur Grughar Grughir
    <Nephilim> @Greybriar 3/4 HM CoA

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grughar View Post
    Agreed on the threat completely fixed. Depending on how quickly you go from AoE fight to AoE fight will determine how often you need to use your AoE taunt.

    Was able to tank several fights in HK and IGP without the other tank(s) that holy crap out gear me pulling aggro off of me, too, but they weren't going nuts with the threat the whole time. Still lacking too much gear to be starting raid fights against off tanks to see how well we generate/keep aggro in this situation.
    hopefully it changes next week

    <(' '<) Good vibes for loot your way (>' ')>


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts