+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Primalist & Drains

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    Don't be mad about what you have lost.
    Be grateful about what you were allowed to keep.

I love how completely relevant all of your moral preaching is to clerics not receiving any significant updates for over a year. But keep white knighting I guess. You sound like Wilkoss m80.

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    Mb got 2.5x that iI think.

I'm parsing 1k higher at least, i guess I'll take anything at this point
    What did you parse under 30 secs? With Live or PTS gear? If I didn't know better I would think this dev just did that to troll clerics.. Think about the rng of shaman? You shouldn't notice much of a difference over long parses with +/-3% dps discrepency(guesstimate) between bad and good rng parses. Even the bottom end didn't really change.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-02-2015 at 07:12 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Getting the thread back on topic...

The mechanic that we added is called Stalled. It is a stackable debuff applied to the Primalist only when a drain effect is used. Each stack decreases outgoing damage, healing, and absorption by 5%. Stacks to 10 and lasts for 20s. The following abilities apply a stack or stacks of Stalled when used:

Warrior – Riftblade - Storm Burst
    Rogue – Assassin – Debilitating Dart
    Rogue – Nightblade – Touch of Darkness
    Mage – Dominator – Mass Betrayal
    Mage – Dominator – Transference
    Mage – Dominator – Mana Wrench
    Mage – Dominator – Traitorous Influence

We'll need to do some tuning on how many stacks are applied by each ability but when PTS is updated this will be in effect. Most notably are Debilitating Dart and Touch of Darkness as they can add a massive amount of stacks quickly.

Edit: Removed Pain Armor from the list since it is having the drain removed from it in exchange for being set to non-purgable with the other Mage Armors.
    Last edited by Vladd; 10-02-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Getting the thread back on topic...

The mechanic that we added is called Stalled. It is a stackable debuff applied to the Primalist only when a drain effect is used. Each stack decreases outgoing damage, healing, and absorption by 5%. Stacks to 10 and lasts for 20s. The following abilities apply a stack or stacks of Stalled when used:

Warrior Riftblade - Storm Burst
    Rogue Assassin Debilitating Dart
    Rogue Nightblade Touch of Darkness
    Mage Dominator Mass Betrayal
    Mage Dominator Transference
    Mage Dominator Mana Wrench
    Mage Dominator Traitorous Influence
    Mage - Dominator - Pain Armor

We'll need to do some tuning on how many stacks are applied by each ability but when PTS is updated this will be in effect. Most notably are Debilitating Dart and Touch of Darkness as they can add a massive amount of stacks quickly.
    Maybe instead of a timer a stack is removed each time you use an ability? Just a thought.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Maybe instead of a timer a stack is removed each time you use an ability? Just a thought.
    Well, that doesn't really stop/slow down the Primalist which was the concern that Cupcakey was bringing up. With this, they get to 50% reduction (which may go higher) and have a choice of staying in the fray at reduced effectiveness which can also lead to the stacks being refreshed or withdraw for a bit to let stacks fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    That'd still be completely imbalanced and favorable towards the Primalist and not other classes. It still technically is.

Toss all of those abilities on a Cleric and let that cleric use an ability to clear the stack. Now I'll be left with little to no mana and now I'm spending time recovering mana.

Primalist blows through all stacks. Back to full throughput and no downtime to recover a resource.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-02-2015 at 10:56 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Are those stacks cleansable?

Since it really shouldn't for some of those skills. No other class can shrug off drains by hitting a cleanse. They're forced to spend some time recovering anywhere from 2s to 10s.

If a Primalist can pop a Panacea and completely screw over a Dom that's spent the last 10s-15s building using their CDs to build all those stacks, it's unbalanced as hell.

Conversely, I think their should be an ICD on how fast those stacks build up. Having 2 Doms drop their MB on one Primalist would take him out of the fight in 2s flat. I'd think a 1s ICD would be good for handling it.
    Last edited by evantide; 10-02-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Are those stacks cleansable?

Since it really shouldn't for some of those skills. No other class can shrug off drains by hitting a cleanse. They're forced to spend some time recovering anywhere from 2s to 10s.

If a Primalist can pop a Panacea and completely screw over a Dom that's spent the last 10s-15s building using their CDs to build all those stacks, it's unbalanced as hell.
    Non-cleansable.

RIFT Guide Writer

Oh btw, how will Stalled work in PVE? Bosses like Matron doing mana drains, etc.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Oh btw, how will Stalled work in PVE? Bosses like Matron doing mana drains, etc.
    And Estrode and all of the trash mobs that mana leech XD. Oh and Mana Pinchers only hitting mana users on Akylios... :<

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    And Estrode and all of the trash mobs that mana leech XD. Oh and Mana Pinchers only hitting mana users on Akylios... :<

Stalled is only applied to Primalist players. It's just an added effect in addition to what those abilities already do.

Stalled is only applied to Primalist players. It's just an added effect in addition to what those abilities already do.
    More or less just asking how Primalist will be affected by PVE mobs too since you only mentioned player vs player abilities. Unless you're just also stating that the Stalled will be applied to ANY/ALL mana/power draining abilities from classes AND trash/bosses/etal.

Like right now the Orbs on Akylios don't silence Liberator and Physician so they can stay to absorb (for easier mind control solving) and it has no impact on them at all. Have a Mage or Cleric in there, and we're out for a couple seconds until the Orb effect wears off.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-02-2015 at 11:27 AM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    More or less just asking how Primalist will be affected by PVE mobs too since you only mentioned player vs player abilities. Unless you're just also stating that the Stalled will be applied to ANY/ALL mana/power draining abilities from classes AND trash/bosses/etal.

Like right now the Orbs on Akylios don't silence Liberator and Physician so they can stay to absorb (for easier mind control solving) and it has no impact on them at all. Have a Mage or Cleric in there, and we're out for a couple seconds until the Orb effect wears off.
    I'll pass this along to Anony to look at.

Rift Chaser

Can I use a mana potion to remove stacks....?

Honestly this really seems like a really silly coverup.

Just make drains not work in PvP and call it a day.

and remove dominator from the game while you're at it :^)
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 10-02-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Can I use a mana potion to remove stacks....?

Honestly this really seems like a really silly coverup.

Just make drains not work in PvP and call it a day.

and remove dominator from the game while you're at it :^)
    Did you bother to read anything in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    That's all it means. He's saying they "won't be the fun police" anymore. Dominator will still maintain its flavor but will be pushed more towards DPS and far away from "not allowing other people to play their characters".
    So, you're discussing the subject that Red Hawk was alluding to. We don't care for how Dominator is basically the fun police in PVP. I mean, it's my job to the be the fun police and I can't say that I care for the competition. As such, Dominator is about to be kicked off the force.

Basically, what we are putting in for Primalist is just to keep everyone on an even keel as previously stated. Once we get past 3.4, we can focus on doing some more focused looks at the current state of PVP. We actually have quite a bit of time set aside to work on PVP for 3.5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast