+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Typhoon Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Typhoon Feedback

The thread for all things Typhoon.

Typhoon is now available on PTS.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Default Typhoon Updates

Updates:

Rebalanced ability damage especially for Hurricane and Landfall.
    Fixed Flux Cycle so it isn't almost instantly resetting the cooldowns of the "storms" (I really need to come up with a better term for these).
    Withdrawal is now a 30s cooldown.
    Removed a cooldown group that was causing Primal Avatar: Griffon to be 2m instead of 1m.

Known issues:

Talents still need some love
    Stormfront needs a rename and a better description. It stacks to 25, btw.
    Need better differentiation between storm builders and storm finishers than just Fury and Cunning.
    Need descriptions as to what abilities apply Stormfront.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-29-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

i know its my first pass at a parse on here, but landfall is doing nearly 80% of my damage, makes all the other cunning abilities seem worthless. landfall alone is doing 740k dps on 8 targets.

Typhoon Feedback is a mess.

Torrential Rain, Windstorm and Thunder Clap are the same ability just a different amount of damage, all are 1s cast time with no cooldown.
    Cloudburst, Hurricane and Hail Volley are the same ability just a different amount of damage.

What is a Flux ability?
    What is a Link ability?

Edit:
    A quick brief on what should be done.

Remove Stormfront.
    Replace Torrential Rain, Windstorm, Cloudburst, Hurricane, Destructive Flux, Destructive Links, Endless Shards and Primal Avatar: Griffon with something else.

Rampant Strikes - Tier 2 - 2 Points - Requires: Thunder Clap
    Thunder Clap deals 15/30% more damage to targets below 30% health.

Rehydration - Tier 5 - 3 Points
    Each enemy damaged by your Air abilities has a 33/66/100% chance of reducing the cooldown of your Water abilities by 1s.

2 Points: Hail Volley - Instant - Cooldown 10s - x Fury
    Deals x Water damage to up to 8 enemies.

31 Points: Landfall - Instant - Cooldown 30s - x Fury
    Deals x Water damage to up to 8 enemies for 10s in the targeted area.

Bug:
    The head for Primal Avatar: Griffon doesn't display on the character.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 09-28-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by thak View Post
    i know its my first pass at a parse on here, but landfall is doing nearly 80% of my damage, makes all the other cunning abilities seem worthless. landfall alone is doing 740k dps on 8 targets.
    Balance is going to be all over the place. Please don't focus on that too much but rather than how the soul plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Balance is going to be all over the place. Please don't focus on that too much but rather than how the soul plays.
    We will try but without having a rought idea how it's supposed to be played we will try to do max dps which is kinda Get stacks for Landfall use landfall

TlR since dps is all over the place we can't really tell how it plays.

Phs

Pretty much just pick Windstorm or Thunder Clap spam it until you can use Landfall. You're 700k+

Use Icy Shards/ Ripping Ether I guess. Sometimes use a Hurricane if you're weird. Raging Winds is there on 8s if you need to move during a Thunder Clap/Windstorm. Cry for bonus water dps.

The only difference between Cloudburst, Hurricane and Hail Volley is that Hail Volley supposedly does more damage on less than 3 targets. There's a bunch of spell names here. but no effects or interactions or anything going on. Will wait for the actual soul mechanics to be added.
    Last edited by Phs; 09-28-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Flux Cycle - This ability is a little OP, it resets Landfall with basically 3 casts of Windstorm. I think just remove this effect or adjust it to only reduce CD by one second per attack.

Primal Avatar: Griffon - Resets the cooldowns and grants 25 stacks of storm front but it doesn't remove the CD on abilities for any duration. It doesn't apply any sort of buff to the player like the other avatars do.

Storm Front - Building Storm Front takes way too long. Maybe provide a stack for each enemy hit up to 8.

I know some things aren't working properly since Link and Flux are missing from abilities so I'm going to wait for an update before I provide any further feedback.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

The basic premise of the soul is that you use Raging Waters, Raging Winds, Torrential Rain, Windstorm, and Thunder Clap to gain stacks of Stormfront while building your Cunning. When you get to max Cunning and max Stormfront stacks, you cast Landfall, Hurricane, Cloudburst and Hail Volley which deplete all of your Stormfront stacks and leave you at full Fury where you start building the storm again towards full Cunning. This is to emulate building to a storm and then unleashing like a force of nature then repeating again.

The primal avatar can short cut the building storm part as it removes the cooldown of the storms, gives full stacks of Stormfront, and sets you to full Cunning to do it all again.

I'm also working on two different mechanics to add where the different storm elements chain off of each other so you want to cast all of them either in a series or on a priority rotation. The other is more of a priority mechanic where you can gain stacks of Stormfront faster. LIke if your Raging Winds crits then if you cast Torrential Rains within 5s you get N extra stacks.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-28-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Typhoon?

I am on the PTS atm after this morning's update. Where is the Typhoon preset? I do not see it in the list of presets available. Am I missing something?

NM... starting a setup with Typhoon. Any suggestions for supplemental souls?
    Last edited by WhitC; 09-28-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Phs

When you get to max Cunning and max Stormfront stacks, you cast Landfall, Hurricane, Cloudburst and Hail Volley which deplete all of your Stormfront stacks and leave you at full Fury where you start building the storm again towards full Cunning.
    I think we all look forward to that/ But at the moment:

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Flux Cycle - This ability is a little OP, it resets Landfall with basically 3 casts of Windstorm. I think just remove this effect or adjust it to only reduce CD by one second per attack.
    Completely defeats that idea.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

I got a report that Flux cycle is doing like 10s a cast instead of 1s so yeah, that's gonna throw things off.

This is to emulate building to a storm and then unleashing like a force of nature then repeating again.
    I like where this is heading but yeh, Flux cycle. ^

Maybe increase the CD on all the cunning abilities and change Flux Cycle to reset the cooldowns whenever you reach 25 stacks of Stormfront. Can occur once every X seconds.

Basically the quicker you build stacks the quicker you can use these abilities again.

Right now even if Flux Cycle reduced the CDs by 1 second, you would rarely build up to 25 stacks. I would use one of the big finishers as soon as it's available.

Another idea would be to reduce the damage of the 4 finishers and grant a buff whenever you reached 25 stacks. Which lasts long enough to get the 4 abilities off. So if I wanted to do full damage I would want to hit 25 stacks first.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Yeah, there are a few ways to tweak this for sure. There needs to be a reason to hold off to chain the 4 storms together. Rather, I should say there should be an obvious-hit-you-over-the-head reason to do them in this way otherwise you could end up with a rotation that stays in the Fury zone.

I just made a little video to show the advanced rotation:

https://youtu.be/2fPFzXHsBBU
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast