+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Berserker Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Berserker Feedback

The thread for all things Berserker!

When PTS is updated today (Sept 18th) the Berserker will be available to play.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-22-2015 at 03:59 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Default Berserker Updates

Updates:

* Standardized the range of abilities to be consistent with each other and for melee souls.
    * Fixed an issue where Chill of Death wasn't properly effecting the cooldowns for Corpsefall and Icefall
    * Added contextual formatting for Corpsefall and Icefall.
    * Fixed an issue where Corpsefall and Icefall were not working due to a cooldown on their contextual parent ability.
    *Fixed Residual Pain to show correct values in the tooltip.
    *Swapped the Cunning and Fury sides of Icefall (Berserker) so that the AOE is while in Fury and the ST is while in Cunning.
    *Underworld Shards (Berserker) is now Water damage and a cunning ability. Moves Focus 60 towards Fury when used.
    *Residual Pain is now 18 points in the Berserker tree.
    *Spirit’s Wrath (Berserker) now affects 8 mobs instead of 5.
    *Adjusted damage across the board.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-23-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Primal Avatar: Tiger - Does not stop the focus bar.
    Restrained Fury/Calculated Action - No timer? Seem to last forever and aren't consumed by anything.

Spec has issues generating significant Fury. Currently the only way to get into Fury is with Primal Avatar which makes Deathly Tendrils useless since you can only use it when you use Primal Avatar.

Corpsefall AoE generates 40 Cunning while Icefall AoE only generates 20 Fury.
    Underworld Shards is up a lot(and a significant part of AoE damage), and it generates 40 cunning making it impossible to get to fury.

Creeping Doom adds to the issue of Fury generation because it generates 40 Cunning.

EDIT: Is the spec meant to be in cunning for aoe and maybe fury for ST?
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 09-18-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Primal Avatar: Tiger - Does not stop the focus bar.
    Restrained Fury/Calculated Action - No timer? Seem to last forever and aren't consumed by anything.

Spec has issues generating significant Fury. Currently the only way to get into Fury is with Primal Avatar which makes Deathly Tendrils useless since you can only use it when you use Primal Avatar.

Corpsefall AoE generates 40 Cunning while Icefall AoE only generates 20 Fury.
    Underworld Shards is up a lot(and a significant part of AoE damage), and it generates 40 cunning making it impossible to get to fury.

Creeping Doom adds to the issue of Fury generation because it generates 40 Cunning.

EDIT: Is the spec meant to be in cunning for aoe and maybe fury for ST?
    It's kinda both, Icefall is aoe when in Cunning, Corpsefall is aoe when in Fury. Reversed when you want to ST.

Morbid Slash and Icy Cleave should be given same treatment as should some of the other abilities.

It kinda works, the point is to build up to fury with Icy Cleave, pop Corpsefall > Underworld Shards > Morbid Slash to Cunning then Icefall > Icy Cleave back up to Fury.

It works but it needs some love. I agree it takes way too long to get to Fury.

Note: Calculated Action only applies stacks when using Avatar, in a normal rotation it doesn't apply stacks. On the other hand, Restrained Fury keeps applying stacks when you keep using cunning attacks at full cunning. I think the point is to go back and fourth to get all 3 stacks of both abilities.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 09-18-2015 at 03:56 PM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Other stuff to note:
    Chill of Death is not reducing the CD of Icefall/Corpsefall when you cast Icy Cleave.
    Ethereal Corruption doesn't contribute any movement to the focus(seems odd with Creeping Doom).
    ST rotation gets stuck in Cunning unless I use Primal Avatar or use Lashing Wind(from Dervish) instead of Morbid Slash.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM

Telaran

quick observation: when at perfect harmony, corpsefall will do AoE damage, and icefall will do ST damage (both spells moving you towards cunning). Although I admittedly have only a few minutes of practice with berserker, it might be a good idea to have icefall do AoE damage (and move you towards fury) when at perfect harmony.
    Sixpm@Wolfsbane <Undaunted>
    Diggityprime@Wolfsbane (New Main Hype)

Just to set a quick benchmark for a melee AoE spec for later numbers tuning, in the t3 test gear Champ is doing ~520k on 8 targets and ~74k ST.

This isn't a bad spec, the only thing that needs fixing is the Avatar. Other than that just stay close to Harmony the entire time. We only need to be 20 (Probably 10) on either side of harmony to enable Icefall and Corpsefall to be aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by SixPM View Post
    quick observation: when at perfect harmony, corpsefall will do AoE damage, and icefall will do ST damage (both spells moving you towards cunning). Although I admittedly have only a few minutes of practice with berserker, it might be a good idea to have icefall do AoE damage (and move you towards fury) when at perfect harmony.
    Corpsefall doing aoe damage at Harmony is probably a bug.

You won't be staying near Harmony because of Underworld Shards and Creeping Doom.
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 09-18-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM

This spec is insanely bursty with most of it's dps coming from it's 3 major 1 minute cooldowns

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    This spec is insanely bursty with most of it's dps coming from it's 3 major 1 minute cooldowns
    Parse plz. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Parse plz. =)
    8 Targets, Dummy Foundry
    Not using AE-Crystal because i just forgot to equip it
    Not using the 65 mastery channel because most masteries are broken anyway

http://i.imgur.com/512Snr4.jpg

As you can see I used Icefall and Corpsefall at wrong focus twice, so overall dps should be a little bit higher.
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    8 Targets, Dummy Foundry
    Not using AE-Crystal because i just forgot to equip it
    Not using the 65 mastery channel because most masteries are broken anyway

http://i.imgur.com/512Snr4.jpg

As you can see I used Icefall and Corpsefall at wrong focus twice, so overall dps should be a little bit higher.
    You need to Underworld Shards harder

Underworld Shards OP
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM

My parse with (what I believe to be the rotation except the avatar bug) no consumables or anything. 8 targets in foundry

Berserker Feedback-2015-09-19_132312.jpg
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 09-19-2015 at 12:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast