+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Vulcanist Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Vulcanist Feedback

The thread for all things Vulcanist.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Default Vulcanist Updates

Updates:

*Fixed the issue with Vorpal Salvo showing that is ready to cast but actually being on cooldown still.
    *Fixed Molten Wave so it isn't channeling after the last tick has landed.
    *Fixed all references to Primal Salvo to Vorpal Salvo.
    *Fixed Primal Avatar: Drake's description to specify the next 5 abilities instead of for the next 15s.
    *Grasping Earth's duration has been reduced to 5s but no longer breaks on damage.
    *New Talent: Heart of the Volcano - Increases Fire and Earth damage by 25%.
    *Font of Wit is now 7% crit base and can be upgraded by 1/2/3% with Overwhelming Wit.
    *Changed stacking group of Slagged to be inline with appropriate debuffs. Also lowered value to 5% to match.
    *Secondary added to Primalist Mastery Defense 2 will spread Slagged on use of Skill Shot if the target is under the effect of Slagged.
    *Fixed an issue with Stroke of Brilliance that was causing the damage to be calculated slightly in favor of Cunning.
    *Primal Avatar: Drake now increases fire and earth damage done by 20% while active.
    *Precision Bolt has returned to a 1s cast time.
    *Damage adjusted across the board.

Known issues:

*Tooltip for Molten Wave showing 0 enemies hit. It's on engineering to fix the token to work for zone of effect abilties.
    *Beacon of the Drake still needs some love. I've done some work on it but it's pretty much refusing to proc the damage.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-23-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Sword of Telara

Skill shot doesn't get a reduced cast time at full fury. (Edit: Change souls and it works. Sometimes)

Rage spike's description omits the fact that it also resets the CD on vorpal salvo. (Edit: Only it doesn't, vorpal salvo will just be unusable until it would normally be off CD it seems)

I'm having difficult wrapping my sleepy head around how to play this spec right now.

It's also really, really mobile. Do we need more really mobile ST ranged specs in the game? Or I'm doing it wrong and not using molten wave enough.
    Last edited by Foolio; 09-11-2015 at 03:56 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Primal Avatar: Drake gives 5 stacks of the extra damage proportion - This isn't on the tooltip. I thought it gives 15 seconds of extra damage
    The rage spike/vorpal salvo combo seems broken - it removes the cooldown but is unusable still for a few seconds

The beacon doesn't seem to do anything ? Maybe I'm missing something - I've tried spamming ST abilites on the aoe dummies and nothing happens
    Last edited by Liadva; 09-11-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Ignoring the fact that the numbers are crazily undertuned.

Too much of it's damage is tied into Molten Wave at the moment. In fact, in my opinion, this ability has zero place in a single target soul. It is an aoe ability that does very high single target damage but then that damage is reduced with additional targets. This means if a boss has adds around it, Volcanists total single target damage will be reduced whether the player wants to cleave or not. I really dislike this.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Default Again did we forgett all PvP spells?

In this game every soul in PvP regardless off how high it's dps is has something that makes it viable in PvP. All the following things are lacking in Vulcanist.

Stun?
    Mass Stun?
    Mana Drain?
    Purge?
    Aoe Purge?
    Double interupt?
    Pull?
    Mass pull?
    Healing reduction?
    Mass healing reduction?
    Self Healing?

Simply to the point Pick a few and add them as spells or passive talents. Else you will be stuck with either having to completly overtune the damage off the soul in PvP or have another useless PvP class.

Soulwalker

Molten Wave - Tooltip says up to 0 enemies, when it should say 5.

Molten Wave - Channel lasts longer then it deals damage. After 3 damage waves you still keep channeling even thou the ability is no longer doing anything. Perhaps removing the last .5ish seconds off the channel would make it feel better.

Summon: Beacon of the Drake - Soul tree shows name as Beacon of Synergy

Summon: Beacon of the Drake - I'm unable to get it to do any damage.
    -
    Other then that just seems like the soul has generally low damage.
    Last edited by Lavarious; 09-11-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Telaran

Some testing feedback

1 Seems greatly under tuned, open world mobs in expert gear hurt a lot and even in a set of t2 raid gear i still didnt feel powerful, but i 100% understand WIP. Still needs said

2 survivability and or utility, it expert gear i was spamming the preserver heal in between mobs the soul really needs some type of self heal. It also has no decent utility to a raid or group i think this would be a perfect soul for a purge!

3 Rotation, I would love to see skill shot get a CD. I prefer to play with macros and i would say most people do (although saying you do will get you slammed on forums for not min maxxing). I only see a use for this spell being cast when you hit full rage if you put a shortish 10 second cd on it you can macro it in with your other cunning abilities to create a more fun play style. Quick note on macros i'm not a lazy player but having 9 buttons vs 20 allows for more situational awareness and better ability to adjust to mechanics.

4 class feel, I feel that a "molten" ability would be nice a blend of fire and earth usable when in harmony only that deals a lot of damage maybe a dot or a channeled ability this could help it not feel so pryo-ish.

Overall i did like the feel of the soul it just feels missing a few things PURGE PURGE please!

Wanted to get this typed up before work sorry for any bad grammar lol.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    In this game every soul in PvP regardless off how high it's dps is has something that makes it viable in PvP. All the following things are lacking in Vulcanist.
    I'd say that the the other ranged souls have too much of this stuff. Making yet more ranged souls with stacks of CC or other handy anti-player stuff is just not going to help the anti-melee situation we have right now. It's only the pyro and the souls that have been reworked since that have huge amounts of PvP utility abilites. Look at an older soul like warlock: it has one debilitate for 4? seconds, above average survivability and that is it.

Vulcanist's 8s root would be the longest in the game. Pyro's lasts too long already, I'd be quite happy to see it have a 5s root and some kind of survivability thing and nothing else.

And as for molten barrage doing reduced damage when it can hit multiple targets... wasn't this one of the major issues with the 5x hitting phase step when harb was undergoing changes just a month or two ago?
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Shadowlander

My first thoughts.

1. I like how the soul plays with the primalist bar. I like the idea to push my bar every 10 Seconds to rage. Than wast all my rage in hard hitting spells and rebuild my rage. Its fun.

2. I like the skill scaling. If i use my skills right I hit harmonie every 10 Seconds and get more dps.

3. I realy like the idea of molten wave. A ability that cleaves with more enemys is very cool.

4. I think vulcanist need a purge. And selfheal. And a little shield ability. And one defensiv cooldown. Like all the other primalist souls vulcanist need some cool gadged skills. The core vulcanist is very cool but we need some situational things.

5. The Skill Shot "Buff" only trigger if I hit 100 rage. But it should even trigger after 10 Seconds if I'm already at 100 rage. At the moment I have to "spend" rage to get from 100 to 80 and than go back to 100 rage. Is that intended?

And it would be nice to have a debuff that shows the internal CD from Skill Shot. Or something else.
    Last edited by Dalek; 09-13-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Overwhelming wit is a little underwhelming it still doesn't account for as much damage as a 5% damage buff from font of savagery even though that takes a little bit to stack up. I would suggest buffing it. I'm still looking at the build and will give better feedback in a few hours lol

vorpal salvo if used before rage spike will not have it's CD properly reset by rage spike, the icon shows it reset, but the actual ability is staying on CD for me.

Rage spike says cunning abilitiy in the tooltip, but it can be used while in fury and cunning.

I think the play style of this spec was on point because I had to juggle my abilties to use them all properly, and it was rewarding to my dps to do so. I have one major issue, however and that is how immobile this spec is when min-maxed. It relies on channeling molten wave to consume it's fury bar, but you can't move while channeling it. I'd suggest making it able to move while you cast it, but at a slower rate sort of like how sentry battery in marksman works.
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-14-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

The Vulcanist Update post has been... um... updated. =)

Sword of Telara

Is it just me, or is beacon of the drake undesirable for much the same reason as hailstorm in harbinger: it can't move around.

Which means your DPS might be fine when your victim doesn't move, but when it does you're going to be subpar.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Running through terminus levelling from 1 to 10 Vulcanist didn't feel too under-tuned for open world levelling/mob killing. In Dervish, once every 15s i could just burst something down in 2 gcds, but when tectonic/aftershock aren't up it was faster to do individual kills with vulcanist because it is ranged. Also the cleave from molten is great for open world mob packs, though I had trouble predicting which mobs were going to get hit leading to some unexpected pulls (it feels like it is almost a cone like tactician torrents? It isn't rendering anything but damage numbers for me atm.)

very nice question regarding this

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    *Fixed Primal Avatar: Drake's description to specify the next 5 abilities instead of for the next 15s.
    Do you plan on buffing the damage or lowering the CD? Atm in the t3 test gear I have 14200ish AP x 5 would mean it does about 71k damage (with no crits) for a 1 minute primal avatar cd making the 21 point avatar for vulcanist weaker than the 65 point mastery active 3 which I assume will stay similar to what it is when masteries start getting finalized.
    I mean hey it's still free damage so no complaints if it stays this way, I was just wondering why it was set-up like this.
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-14-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast