+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Vulcanist Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Skill shot cooldown was placeholder. It was removed and damage was reduced. I'm working on getting the replacement in that shows a cooldown on when instant Skill Shot is available again.

Point taken on 110 for Ethereal Beam. I'll bump it to 120 to keep things on the 20's for Vulcanist.

Beacon of the Drake just doesn't want to work as designed. I'm probably going to scrap it and just have it deal a flat pulse amount. Alternative idea is to change Molten Wave to ST but switches to AoE when Beacon is active. The latter doesn't seem that fun.

Stroke of Brilliance had the damage reduced so that more bonus could be applied to when using it correctly in Harmony. Also, to pair with the new mastery secondary that reduces the cooldown by 3s.

Molten Wave probably needs to get the damage adjusted up slightly.

Added "Can occur once every 10s." to Clarity of Focus talent description.
    Thanks for this informative post. I like the idea for the beacon to pulse damage.

I want to put forward my original idea again. Have all 3 of these abilities, (Skill Shot, Molten Wave, Ethereal Beam) consume the same amount of Fury and simply have them require 100 Fury to cast. Or 80 but they do more damage at 100.

I know I sound like a broken record but this would eliminate the need to use Molten Wave in your rotation and simply give you the option of using either Skill Shot or Molten Wave. One for ST and one for AoE. As it stands right now, if you are to use Molten Wave on a fight with adds, your ST damage on the mob you are actually trying to kill is reduced.

Simply bumping Molten Waves damage would just make it overpowered again. Changing the rotation back to Molten Wave spam.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 10-03-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

the buff that using infusion gives has the wrong tooltip, it still says 5%

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #93
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    the buff that using infusion gives has the wrong tooltip, it still says 5%
    Will fix.

From latest parse I've seen, looks like Eth Beam damage needs to come down slightly as well.

Will fix.

From latest parse I've seen, looks like Eth Beam damage needs to come down slightly as well.
    I would agree. Did the stroke changes go on the pts yet? even at max cunning/fury it still does more damage than precision shot despite what the tooltips say, and at harmony it's doing less damage than vorpal salvo.

Also to note, fury blast is doing a considerable amount of damage in a full dervish build.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-04-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

looks like Eth Beam damage needs to come down slightly as well.
    You racist! I bet if it was called Mathosian Beam you'd want to give it a buff!

(That was terrible. I'm bad and I should feel bad.)
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #96
    Rift Team

I would agree. Did the stroke changes go on the pts yet? even at max cunning/fury it still does more damage than precision shot despite what the tooltips say, and at harmony it's doing less damage than vorpal salvo.

Also to note, fury blast is doing a considerable amount of damage in a full dervish build.
    Yes, Stroke of Brilliance is now 100% (up from 50%) at true Harmony. I'm reducing Vorpal again slightly as well.

infusion is not doing 15% more damage, but closer to 10.5%

It's also critting, but doing no extra damage when it crits, I assume that is intended however
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-04-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #98
    Rift Team

infusion is not doing 15% more damage, but closer to 10.5%

It's also critting, but doing no extra damage when it crits, I assume that is intended however
    Changed it to 10% on the hot load. Also, I just changed it so it should not crit anymore.

ETI
    Rift Disciple

Wouldn't it be a good move to make Skill Shot to actually refresh Slaggered with mastery and not only spread it.

In this case this will add another good edge for the spec which will benefit players who do actually track things and not just mash buttons like a mofo.

Yet still this feature will forgive small mistakes in rotation with a 5 sec window to gain Skill Shot proc and refresh.

Or maybe it is already "intended" to work like this, but in this case it should be reported as a bug,coz for me it don't refresh anything.
    Jozy
    The one and only.

Quote Originally Posted by ETI View Post
    Wouldn't it be a good move to make Skill Shot to actually refresh Slaggered with mastery and not only spread it.

In this case this will add another good edge for the spec which will benefit players who do actually track things and not just mash buttons like a mofo.

Yet still this feature will forgive small mistakes in rotation with a 5 sec window to gain Skill Shot proc and refresh.

Or maybe it is already "intended" to work like this, but in this case it should be reported as a bug,coz for me it don't refresh anything.
    100% agree with 62 mastery Refresh & Spread Conflag^^ vs. current incarnation.
    Last edited by arbaal; 10-05-2015 at 06:37 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #101
    Rift Team

Did a lot of tweaking over the weekend. What's the current parses landing at?

Prophet of Telara

im doing 80k(a lot of derps) but it seems really low, we tried it in HK too and it was wayyyy behind any other spec.

Edit: forgot to mention i wasnt using molten wave for ST so yeah my derp.
    Last edited by N3okorrales; 10-05-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Did a lot of tweaking over the weekend. What's the current parses landing at?
    getting a video for you as we speak, will update this post with it.

The issues I'm running into are fully utilizing skill shot procs, molten wave, and the 2 dots. I can either maximize molten wave or the dots, but not both.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-05-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

depending on crit RNG on major abilities, I hover between 102k and 95k

Here is a parse with very very bad crit RNG on ethereal beam, I cut the parse off at two full rotations, I can get a longer one if you want, but I'm still getting used to the rotation I made and messed it up at the end

http://i.imgur.com/UyfhdY7.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deN_EOkv0Rg

this is not easy to pull off, and in raid will require a LOT of standing still. In place of molten wave you simply change the rotation to use the 2 dots during movement and utilize stroke of brilliance in between so that you do not consume all of your vorpal salvo stacks.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-05-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

found something, not sure if intended. Summon: drake does not get buffed by the primal avatar, and it's crit chance is incredibly low for some reason every time.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-05-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast