+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Vulcanist Feedback

So problems that seems to be remaining.

No matter how I try I can't get Summon: Beacon of the Drake to do any dps?

Rift Chaser

Managing precise aim and the cooldown of skill shot are the only two things in this spec that make it fun to play. Please don't listen to the people who want them changed because its "hard"... :/

Rift Chaser

Soooo... there have been a couple PTS updates since i first said anything about vulcanists damage and it still hasn't been reduced. Are there plans to fix the damage? Its easily the highest dps spec on the PTS right now. It does 110k+ easily with a spam macro.

An optimal rotation with maximum skill shots is very difficult to maintain, but i consistently do around 120k with it.

Telaran

I find it quite odd that primalist can not only provide both 5% nonphys (that can be spread) and 5% crit chance, but can in fact do it at the same time. The only spec untill now that could do it was sab/sin - with a chance of 50%/8 of getting the lethal. Also I'd leave the spec usefullness on most boss fights up to imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Managing precise aim and the cooldown of skill shot are the only two things in this spec that make it fun to play. Please don't listen to the people who want them changed because its "hard"... :/
    I'm not saying it's hard, i'm saying it's clunky having to clip a dot just to make Skill Shot proc. You basically sit in Fury the entire time. There is nothing fun about that, you aren't building up to anything, all the big hitters have no negative outcome.

Dervish on the other hand is a well built soul taking full advantage of the Focus Bar.

Having the big hitters (In this case Skill Shot and Ethereal Beam) consume all the fury makes the focus bar more appealing.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #81
    Rift Team

I've lowered down the damage on skill shot. It was inflated by the 10s cooldown PH. I'm also swapping up the damage mod on Stroke of Brilliance to be more rewarding for true Harmony.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #82
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    I'm not saying it's hard, i'm saying it's clunky having to clip a dot just to make Skill Shot proc. You basically sit in Fury the entire time. There is nothing fun about that, you aren't building up to anything, all the big hitters have no negative outcome.

Dervish on the other hand is a well built soul taking full advantage of the Focus Bar.

Having the big hitters (In this case Skill Shot and Ethereal Beam) consume all the fury makes the focus bar more appealing.
    Each soul interacts with the bar in a different way. In the case of Vulcanist, they are a Fury based soul thus you spend a lot of your time getting to full Fury then having to rebuild it.

I'll make Ethereal Beam consume some focus since it is a long cooldown but the idea is that you Skill Shot -> Molten Wave to spend your Fury. Stroke of Brilliance, Rage Spike, and instant Vorpal Salvo to get yourself back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Each soul interacts with the bar in a different way. In the case of Vulcanist, they are a Fury based soul thus you spend a lot of your time getting to full Fury then having to rebuild it.
    This is what I'm trying to get at, we're building Fury much faster then we are consuming it. 3 abilities and we're back at max fury with nothing left to consume it. Unless you're planning on changing Molten Wave somehow so its more effective for single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    This is what I'm trying to get at, we're building Fury much faster then we are consuming it. 3 abilities and we're back at max fury with nothing left to consume it. Unless you're planning on changing Molten Wave somehow so its more effective for single target.
    It's fine. The build is intresting to play and works. Yes you don't have enough fury consumerers Therefor the skill will lie in understanding how to use them properly. If you haven't realised If you want to get to harmony for spell you can use molten and cut it straight away ;) See if you use skills right it can be intresting

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    It's fine. The build is intresting to play and works. Yes you don't have enough fury consumerers Therefor the skill will lie in understanding how to use them properly. If you haven't realised If you want to get to harmony for spell you can use molten and cut it straight away ;) See if you use skills right it can be intresting
    Yeh I don't want another Flurry in this game.

Rift Chaser

ethereal beam is giving 110 cunning instead of what I would imagine you intended to be 100. This makes it near impossible to land on harmony. Also skill shot doesn't have a cooldown anymore, even though the tooltip says 10 seconds.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 10-02-2015 at 10:36 PM.

ethereal beam is giving 110 cunning instead of what I would imagine you intended to be 100. This makes it near impossible to land on harmony. Also skill shot doesn't have a cooldown anymore, even though the tooltip says 10 seconds.
    These changes were hot loaded in. The next update should fix these issues. Beam should be 100 or 120 Cunning.

Shadowlander

I think there may be a bug with clarity of focus talent where it can only provide one stack at a time. What is worse, is that it contaminates stacks granted by rage spike so that reaching 100 fury no longer grants a stack. Repro (starting from harmony):

Vorpal (40F, 0 stacks) -> rage spike (60F, 3 stacks) -> Vorpal (100F, 3 stacks) -> skill shot (60F) -> Vorpal (100F, 2 stacks, should be 3) -> Fury Blast (60F) -> Vorpal (100F, 1 stack, should be 3)

One weird thing I'm seeing with skill shot is that if you are at 100 fury when you leave combat it procs the instant cast.

Gameplay: I don't like skill shot as it is now. In order to maximize skill shot you need to be moving from less than 100 fury to 100 fury exactly on the 10 second mark, with no supporting indicators / timers. I would like it if you could make the instant cast proc as long as you are anywhere in fury (or even if you happen to be at 100 mark when icd is up).
    Last edited by Orgibatei; 10-03-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Rift Chaser

Can some devs please start communicating in this thread? Its fine if you come to disagree with us about what we want to change with the spec, but according to many of my sources this class is supposed to come out in 3 days. And yet Vulcanist is still in a horribly broken state. You added some new mechanics to the spec that fundamentally change its play style, but it can't even be tested properly.

I've been pretty patient up to now, but its really annoying when you have a thread full of people trying really hard to test this for you, and yet we can go 2-3 PTS updates (when its less than a week away from release) without a single problem we bring up being fixed or even given a response in this thread. I understand why you might want to stay out of other threads, but this one has been nothing but civil feedback on the spec. I appreciate the posts that you have made so far Vladd, but I feel like there should be a lot more considering how Vulcanist looks right now and how close it is to release.

To make your lives a little easier, here is a list of the issues that need to be addressed:

HIGH Priority:
    • Skill Shot's 10 second cooldown is gone
    • Ethereal beam is giving 110 cunning instead of 100/120, which makes reaching harmony very annoying (you are forced to push to cap of cunning or fury to get back on an even multiple of 10).
    • Beacon of the drake doesn't do anything and disappears as soon as the summoning animation ends.

MEDIUM Priority:
    • Please explain how the clarity of focus talent works. I assume it behaves the way it does because it has a internal cooldown. How long is the cooldown, and could you put it in the tooltip?
    • In a previous post, Vladd implied that molten wave is intended to be used as part of a single target rotation. However, it still does not do nearly enough damage for it to be worth using 3 gcds for.
    • Considering how few chances you typically get to use Stroke of Brilliance with the damage bonus, it should do more damage. Right now, it still deals far less damage than Vorpal Salvo.

There is no such thing as low priority during ship week :^)

Also, please pm me on the forums or khalia on the PTS if you want me to help test anything specific.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #90
    Rift Team

HIGH Priority:
    • Skill Shot's 10 second cooldown is gone
    • Ethereal beam is giving 110 cunning instead of 100/120, which makes reaching harmony very annoying (you are forced to push to cap of cunning or fury to get back on an even multiple of 10).
    • Beacon of the drake doesn't do anything and disappears as soon as the summoning animation ends.

MEDIUM Priority:
    • Please explain how the clarity of focus talent works. I assume it behaves the way it does because it has a internal cooldown. How long is the cooldown, and could you put it in the tooltip?
    • In a previous post, Vladd implied that molten wave is intended to be used as part of a single target rotation. However, it still does not do nearly enough damage for it to be worth using 3 gcds for.
    • Considering how few chances you typically get to use Stroke of Brilliance with the damage bonus, it should do more damage. Right now, it still deals far less damage than Vorpal Salvo.
    I'm pretty much going to ignore your first two paragraphs in the interest of getting information out there but for the record, the reason why there weren't updates till Friday was because I missed the build deadline by checking in at midnight (it was 10pm) and then we had a build fail the next day. With that said...

Skill shot cooldown was placeholder. It was removed and damage was reduced. I'm working on getting the replacement in that shows a cooldown on when instant Skill Shot is available again.

Point taken on 110 for Ethereal Beam. I'll bump it to 120 to keep things on the 20's for Vulcanist.

Beacon of the Drake just doesn't want to work as designed. I'm probably going to scrap it and just have it deal a flat pulse amount. Alternative idea is to change Molten Wave to ST but switches to AoE when Beacon is active. The latter doesn't seem that fun.

Stroke of Brilliance had the damage reduced so that more bonus could be applied to when using it correctly in Harmony. Also, to pair with the new mastery secondary that reduces the cooldown by 3s.

Molten Wave probably needs to get the damage adjusted up slightly.

Added "Can occur once every 10s." to Clarity of Focus talent description.
    Last edited by Vladd; 10-03-2015 at 06:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast