+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Vulcanist Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team

Primalist Mastery Defense 2 now spreads Slagged to up to 5 targets when you use Skill Shot and the target is under the effect of Slagged. Does not affect the target of Skill Shot.

Also, Slagged is now on the same stack group as Tenebrious Distortion and is 5%.

as a QoL change (since we channel molten wave a lot) could you consider treating it like a tactician torrent and allowing movement, but at a reduced speed while channeling it?
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-21-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    as a QoL change (since we channel molten wave a lot) could you consider treating it like a tactician torrent and allowing movement, but at a reduced speed while channeling it?
    The original idea for the ability is for it to be really rewarding to stand still and channel it. Thus you have to make the decision of being mobile or laying down the hurt with Molten Wave. As such, I'm not inclined to give it a movement component at this time.

Soulwalker

Just a really, really minor issue. Stroke of Brilliance does slightly more damage in Cunning than Fury.

50 Fury Brilliance: 19298
    50 Cunning Brilliance: 19428

Tested Savage Twister also and the damage for that was consistent.

I spent way too long testing this...

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The original idea for the ability is for it to be really rewarding to stand still and channel it. Thus you have to make the decision of being mobile or laying down the hurt with Molten Wave. As such, I'm not inclined to give it a movement component at this time.
    Ah ok, Tomorrow I'll try and get parses that are with and without molten wave then to get a comparison for the trade-off.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Advea View Post
    Just a really, really minor issue. Stroke of Brilliance does slightly more damage in Cunning than Fury.

50 Fury Brilliance: 19298
    50 Cunning Brilliance: 19428

Tested Savage Twister also and the damage for that was consistent.

I spent way too long testing this...
    Fixed. Will be in next update.

Shadowlander

Default DPS Parse

What are people currently parsing at for Vulcanist? Id like to compare to see where I stand on the rotation. Oh and the current tooltip for PA: Drake does not read right. When activated, it gives you full Fury, but does not state that in the tooltip.
    Last edited by HotSpot129; 09-22-2015 at 11:54 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Vulcanist has some damage updates in the latest push so please do some parses and see how things look.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Vulcanist has some damage updates in the latest push so please do some parses and see how things look.
    Precision Bolt has a huge amount of animation delay on the damage and more importantly the amount of Fury it generates.

Can the Fury generation not be locked to the damage hitting?

Edit: Some of the other abilities have similar animations but apply the Fury/Cunning instantly so I assume this is a bug.

Precision Bolt also cannot be cast while moving despite it being instant.
    Last edited by Hababa; 09-22-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

81.8k 6 minute parse

Dummy Foundry
    My rune and orbs are a bit messed up so I am missing some stats.

Using 31 Vulcanist/4 Dervish/4 Beserker

Masteries:

Active 3
    Damage 4

Spam macro:

#show Vorpal Salvo
    cast Vorpal Salvo
    cast Rage Spike
    cast Precision Bolt
    cast @self Primalist Mastery Active 3

Rotation I used:

Primal Avatar and Ethereal Beam on CD
    Maintaining Precise Aim, Conflagrate and Fury Blast DoT.
    Use Spam until 100 Fury
    Consume Skill Shot proc at 100 Fury
    If no Skill Shot proc at 100 fury, Molten Wave

There is probably a lot more to it than that but that is what I've been able to come up with by myself.

• Molten Wave consumes too much Fury imo. If it were less, you could cast it twice in a row so that the second Molten Wave would deal more damage due to the stacking debuff it places. You can do it as it is, but it really punishes you by placing you into Cunning and means it takes a lot of globals to get you back to 100 fury for Skill Shot.

• Please give us a buff that tells us that we cannot get another Skill Shot proc for it's duration. This would make it much easier to keep track of as at the moment, you have to guess when the Skill Shot proc will be available.

• Primal Avatar: Drake is massively lack lustre for being a 1 minute cooldown as well as being a Primal Avatar which is meant to be one of Primalist's selling points. It simply doesn't do enough damage.

• I am concerned with Molten Wave being an AoE ability, Vulcanist will lose ST whether it wants to or not if there are adds surrounding it's target. I am not a fan of this.
    Last edited by Hababa; 09-22-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    • Molten Wave consumes too much Fury imo. If it were less, you could cast it twice in a row so that the second Molten Wave would deal more damage due to the stacking debuff it places. You can do it as it is, but it really punishes you by placing you into Cunning and means it takes a lot of globals to get you back to 100 fury for Skill Shot.
    • Please give us a buff that tells us that we cannot get another Skill Shot proc for it's duration. This would make it much easier to keep track of as at the moment, you have to guess when the Skill Shot proc will be available.
    • Primal Avatar: Drake is massively lack lustre for being a 1 minute cooldown as well as being a Primal Avatar which is meant to be one of Primalist's selling points. It simply doesn't do enough damage.
    • I am concerned with Molten Wave being an AoE ability, Vulcanist will lose ST whether it wants to or not if there are adds surrounding it's target. I am not a fan of this.
    1) It's intended to be a huge fury spend so you have to work to get it back up before doing it again. This takes the place of it having a cooldown.

2) Sure thing

3) Well aware

4) It's a concern.

I keep getting a lot of RNG between parses ranging from 97k to 91k so this is one of the more modest parses. I'm sure there is room for improvement in this parse so I will keep working on it, but this represents most of the breakdowns I have so far.

as bad as it is, I have found fury blast and conflagrate(despite the 5% damage debuff) a dps loss as they mean less use of molten wave.

93k ST
    http://i.imgur.com/l0O6OWm.jpg with molten wave

83k ST without molten wave
    http://imgur.com/UbJrFsW

the priority changes depending on movement or not, if you are trying to use molten wave I find it a dps loss to use conflagrate and fury blast, but a great dps gain to use them when doing the none molten wave rotation that is 100% mobile that we talked about earlier in the thread.

Again I've only been using this spec for an hour now, so there is probably some room for improvement, but the rotation I came up with is providing the best results I've seen so far for myself.

Also stroke of brilliance needs to do more damage than vorpal salvo in order to be relevant, and currently it doesn't do enough damage.

1. reduce molten wave damage a little bit, nothing drastic
    2. increase the damage of conflagrate and fury blast (dot portion) slightly so they are more relevant in a molten wave rotation
    3. stroke of brilliance needs a slight damage buff as well, at harmony it does less damage than vorpal salvo
    4. I only have 1 concern and that is to maximize the dps of dervish and vulcanist, you need to do cleave AoE *(whirling dervish and molten wave) If there are any fights where you want pure ST and get punished for hitting adds, dervish and vulcanist are going to be at major disadvantages and I would consider this when making the new raid content if this is the direction you want to go with dervish and vulcanist. Or when the ST ranged and melee burst souls eventually come out, make it so they do not have AoE cleaving as a part of their ST rotations.
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-22-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Soulwalker

Hey,

100K DPS 4min30 parse

31 Vulcanist / 7 Dervish / 1 Berserker

Found a trick to make molten wave dmg incredibly high, you are able to recast it right after using a cunning ability without losing Primal rage debuff.

Same thought as Orangu, Fury Blast and Conflagrate is a dps loss (I did 96k with conflagrate only in the rotation)

About some bugs:
    - You can't switch to Font of Wit if Font of Savagery is active.
    - You can't use Precision Bolt while moving, even with no cast time.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Medisix View Post
    Hey,

100K DPS 4min30 parse

31 Vulcanist / 7 Dervish / 1 Berserker

Found a trick to make molten wave dmg incredibly high, you are able to recast it right after using a cunning ability without losing Primal rage debuff.

Same thought as Orangu, Fury Blast and Conflagrate is a dps loss (I did 96k with conflagrate only in the rotation)

About some bugs:
    - You can't switch to Font of Wit if Font of Savagery is active.
    - You can't use Precision Bolt while moving, even with no cast time.

Have fun.
    ah thank you, I felt like I was doing something wrong. Are you doing this method for every molten wave you use?
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-22-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Medisix View Post
    100K DPS 4min30 parse
    Try not to use any consumables and keep yourself strictly self-buffed to avoid stat disparity between other people's parses in t3 test gear. Not saying it's going to influence a parse a ton, but it's nice to keep a parity of test conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    I have found fury blast and conflagrate(despite the 5% damage debuff) a dps loss as they mean less use of molten wave.
    While the 5% debuff isn't going to be applied in Dummy Foundry because of the nature of the pre-debuffed dummies, this is still an issue. The idea of Conflag bringing this debuff is that it'd be another option besides Clerics having to bring it. It needs to be worth the gcd to apply it in the first place.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-22-2015 at 08:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast