+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 158
Like Tree12Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Vulcanist Feedback

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    very nice question regarding this



    Do you plan on buffing the damage or lowering the CD? Atm in the t3 test gear I have 14200ish AP x 5 would mean it does about 71k damage (with no crits) for a 1 minute primal avatar cd making the 21 point avatar for vulcanist weaker than the 65 point mastery active 3 which I assume will stay similar to what it is when masteries start getting finalized.
    I mean hey it's still free damage so no complaints if it stays this way, I was just wondering why it was set-up like this.
    Honestly, it had been so long since I last touched the ability that I couldn't remember which was supposed to be correct. The ability functioning as is or the description field. So, I went with updating the description per the function. It is completely possible that I was in the process of changing it to the prior and only got to the description field done before being pulled away to do something else.

  2. #17
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    So after the update I was able to properly play Vulcanist and here's what I've got to improve it.

    I’ve change to gameplay to make you work for your damage which will come from being in Harmony, balancing between Fury and Cunning. You can’t be just in Fury for Fire and Cunning for Earth, you have to be in both, you have to be a Vulcanist.

    Added cast times to Precision Bolt and Rage Spike so you feel the weight of using them to increase your damage, and I don't want a ranged spec that's 100% mobile.

    Removed Molten Wave aoe damage so that it works for you single target rotation and puts all the work of aoe damage on Beacon of the Drake which why it’s cooldown has been reduced to compensate this change.

    Damage of abilities is still an issue as some select abilities need to be increased separately and then all of them together, however the rotation is more important right now.


    Precise Aim - Tier 2 - 2 Points
    Precision Bolt and Rage Spike increase your damage by 5/10% for 15s.

    Moment of Brilliance - Tier 4 - 2 Points
    Increases the damage bonus of your Stroke of Brilliance when in Harmony by 25/50%.

    Summon: Beacon of the Drake - Tier 4 - 1 Point - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 15s
    Summon's a Beacon of the Drake at the target location. While active the Primalist's damaging single target abilities cause the Beacon to deal x to y Fire damage to up to 8 enemies around it. Max 1 Beacon. Lasts 30s.

    Primal Avatar: Drake - Tier 6 - 1 Point - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 1m - 200 Cunning
    The Primalist channels the power of the Drake, causing the next 5 single target damage abilities to deals additional Ethereal damage equal to 100% of the Primalist's Attack Power. Increases Fire and Earth damage by 20%. Lasts 15s.

    0 Points: Precision Bolt - Cast time 1s - 20 Fury
    Deals x to y Earth damage.

    0 Points: Fury Blast - Instant - 40 Cunning
    Deals x to y Fire damage. If used while in Fury, deals x to y Fire damage over 16s

    2 Points: Molten Wave - 3s Channel - Cooldown 20s - 80 Cunning
    Channels a beam of lava that deals x to y Fire damage per second for 3s. Damage increases by 25% per tick of damage. Requires Fury.

    6 Points: Vorpal Salvo - Instant - Cooldown 10s - 40 Fury
    Deals x to y Earth damage.

    8 Points: Stroke of Brilliance - Instant - Cooldown 5s - 40 Fury
    Deals x to y Earth damage. Damage is increased by 50% if in Harmony.

    14 Points: Conflagrate - Instant - 20 Cunning
    Deals x to y Fire damage over 16s. Increases non-physical damage taken by 5% for 16s.

    18 Points: Rage Spike - Casts time 1s - Cooldown 15s - 20 Fury
    Deals x to y Earth damage. Applies a stack of Clarity of Focus, for up to 10s, reducing the cooldown of your next Vorpal Salvo cast to 0s.

    28 Points: Skill Shot - Cast time 6s - Cooldown 10s - 40 Cunning
    Deals x to y Fire damage. Cast time is reduced by 6s when in Harmony.

    31 Points: Ethereal Beam - 3s Channel - Cooldown 30s
    Deals x to y Ethereal damage to the enemy each second for 3s.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 09-23-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Updates: changed cast times, added Precise Aim and Moment of Brilliance
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    132

    Default Anyone Care to Share a Vulcanist Rotation?

    I have been playing a Dervish primarily and pretty much have him in hand so I thought I might give the Vulcanist a try. If anyone has a good recommended rotation for this soul, I would appreciate seeing it. Thanks.

  4. #19
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Conflagrate feels out of place because of no interaction. Maybe each tick should lower the cooldown of the Ethereal channel or something?

  5. #20
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Conflagrate - Currently, the debuff this ability provides (Slag - 7% increased non-phys dmg for 15s) is in its own stacking group, making it unique and stack with everything. Currently, only the support souls (and Inq who typically doesn't apply it) bring this debuff which lasts 30s and overwrite eachother, and it should probably stay this way.

    I believe the intent of this debuff was to copy the 5% non-phys debuff for 30s that either Defilers or Inqs typically provide through Tenebrious Distortion (applied by Marrow Harvest, spread by Unholy Nexus) or Clinging Spirit (applied by Bolt of Depravity or Soul Drain). Sigil of Spirits from Cab and Ember Bombs from Sab also apply this debuff, but aren't common. Anyways, I believe the Slag debuff needs to not be unique and fall in line with the other 5% non-phys debuff to give another option on how this debuff is applied, just like the pull in Dervish brings a new Lethal Poison-esque crit debuff.

    Suggestions:
    • Slag needs to be a 5% non-phys debuff (down from 7%) that lasts 30s (up from 15s).
    • Slag needs a way to be spread to additional targets like the other debuffs of its kind. The easiest way to do this is to make one of the 2-point talents in Vulcanist similar to Tenebrious Distortion and Clinging Spirit. For example, Moment of Brilliance or Enraged Salvo can also make Molten Wave and Conflagrate apply Slag which increases non-physical damage taken by 2.5% per point invested.
    • Slag needs to no longer be 100% unique as well as not stack with the current 5% non-phys debuffs other souls provide. This way you have more choices on which soul is best to provide this debuff.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-20-2015 at 03:28 PM.

  6. #21
    RIFT Guide Writer Hababa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Conflagrate - Currently, the debuff this ability provides (Slag - 7% increased non-phys dmg for 15s) is in its own stacking group, making it unique and stack with everything. Currently, only the support souls (and Inq who typically doesn't apply it) bring this debuff which lasts 30s and overwrite eachother, and it should probably stay this way.

    I believe the intent of this debuff was to copy the 5% non-phys debuff for 30s that either Defilers or Inqs typically provide through Tenebrious Distortion (applied by Marrow Harvest, spread by Unholy Nexus) or Clinging Spirit (applied by Bolt of Depravity or Soul Drain). Sigil of Spirits from Cab and Ember Bombs from Sab also apply this debuff, but aren't common. Anyways, I believe the Slag debuff needs to not be unique and fall in line with the other 5% non-phys debuff to give another option on how this debuff is applied, just like the pull in Dervish brings a new Lethal Poison-esque crit debuff.

    Suggestions:
    • Slag needs to be a 5% non-phys debuff (down from 7%) that lasts 30s (up from 15s).
    • Slag needs a way to be spread to additional targets like the other debuffs of its kind. The easiest way to do this is to make one of the 2-point talents in Vulcanist similar to Tenebrious Distortion and Clinging Spirit. For example, Moment of Brilliance or Enraged Salvo can also make Molten Wave and Conflagrate apply Slag which increases non-physical damage taken by 2.5% per point invested.
    • Slag needs to no longer be 100% unique as well as not stack with the current 5% non-phys debuffs other souls provide. This way you have more choices on which soul is best to provide this debuff.
    .........It is not a personal debuff like Accelerant from Pyro is?

    If not and this doesn't get changed, Vulcanist will be a mandatory spec and will suck big time.
    Last edited by Hababa; 09-20-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

  7. #22
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    .........It is not a personal debuff like Accelerant from Pyro is?
    Nope, everybody you're grouped with gets the benefit. Same goes for the crit debuff that Dervish has on its pull.

  8. #23
    RIFT Guide Writer fufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Total +1 with Sedvick. When I read the tooltip, I didn't even think it was something else than what is suggested, as it totally makes sense rather than current implementation.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Conflagrate - Currently, the debuff this ability provides (Slag - 7% increased non-phys dmg for 15s) is in its own stacking group, making it unique and stack with everything. Currently, only the support souls (and Inq who typically doesn't apply it) bring this debuff which lasts 30s and overwrite eachother, and it should probably stay this way.

    I believe the intent of this debuff was to copy the 5% non-phys debuff for 30s that either Defilers or Inqs typically provide through Tenebrious Distortion (applied by Marrow Harvest, spread by Unholy Nexus) or Clinging Spirit (applied by Bolt of Depravity or Soul Drain). Sigil of Spirits from Cab and Ember Bombs from Sab also apply this debuff, but aren't common. Anyways, I believe the Slag debuff needs to not be unique and fall in line with the other 5% non-phys debuff to give another option on how this debuff is applied, just like the pull in Dervish brings a new Lethal Poison-esque crit debuff.

    Suggestions:
    • Slag needs to be a 5% non-phys debuff (down from 7%) that lasts 30s (up from 15s).
    • Slag needs a way to be spread to additional targets like the other debuffs of its kind. The easiest way to do this is to make one of the 2-point talents in Vulcanist similar to Tenebrious Distortion and Clinging Spirit. For example, Moment of Brilliance or Enraged Salvo can also make Molten Wave and Conflagrate apply Slag which increases non-physical damage taken by 2.5% per point invested.
    • Slag needs to no longer be 100% unique as well as not stack with the current 5% non-phys debuffs other souls provide. This way you have more choices on which soul is best to provide this debuff.

    Slag currently sits on the same stacking group as Spiritual Deficiency and debuffs by the same amount. The trade off is that it has to be reapplied very 15s because of the damage dot it comes with instead of every 60s with Spiritual Deficiency since it is only a debuff. I just tested this with an Cleric and they do indeed overwrite each other.

    Slag spreading to multiple targets is a good suggestion. I'll probably put it on a Mastery as a secondary effect rather than adding it as a talent though.

  10. #25
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Slag currently sits on the same stacking group as Spiritual Deficiency and debuffs by the same amount. The trade off is that it has to be reapplied very 15s because of the damage dot it comes with instead of every 60s with Spiritual Deficiency since it is only a debuff. I just tested this with an Cleric and they do indeed overwrite each other.

    Slag spreading to multiple targets is a good suggestion. I'll probably put it on a Mastery as a secondary effect rather than adding it as a talent though.
    The problem with this is Spiritual Deficiency is already a support debuff in Archon, Oracle and Bard and you'll never not see it maintained by them. The main point I was trying to make is that, currently, the 5% non-physical debuff is only really brought to a raid through 2 Cleric specs, so making Vulcanist also bring this debuff will give groups more options on what spec/class is better to bring it. Slag, in it's current state, will just constantly get overwritten (making the affect useless anyways)/overwrite (making your support angry that you're overwriting their debuffs) support buffs of the same caliber, which I'm trying to avoid. We need more options to bring the 5% non-physical debuff, the 7% non-physical debuff is handled just fine at the moment.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-21-2015 at 01:02 PM.

  11. #26
    Shield of Telara somestuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    [*]Slag needs to no longer be 100% unique as well as not stack with the current 5% non-phys debuffs other souls provide. This way you have more choices on which soul is best to provide this debuff.[/LIST]
    sigh....does this mean people who macro everything will overwrite the archon and bards debuff? if that is the case, I 100% want this debuff taken away from primalist, while you are at it, remove it from inq. as well.
    Last edited by somestuff; 09-21-2015 at 12:40 PM.

  12. #27
    RIFT Guide Writer Hababa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Spiritual Deficiency is the same stacking group as Archon debuffs, isn't it? Why do we want the Vulcanist to be over writing the non phys debuff from the archon repeatedly?
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

  13. #28
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    Spiritual Deficiency is the same stacking group as Archon debuffs, isn't it?
    It is.

    If anything it should be a Sigil of Spirits/Tenebrious/Clinging alternative.

    The only issue is that it takes away some of the uniqueness from Clerics, but it gives more options to the raid.

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #29
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    Spiritual Deficiency is the same stacking group as Archon debuffs, isn't it? Why do we want the Vulcanist to be over writing the non phys debuff from the archon repeatedly?
    Sedvick and I conferred in chat and he's actually correct, the idea was for it to be the 5% version and not the 7% applied by support classes. I'll change the stack group and amount accordingly.

  15. #30
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    I'll get some parsing for you, that is actually a decent buff to the spec.
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-21-2015 at 02:25 PM.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts