+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 125
Like Tree6Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Preserver Feedback

  1. #61
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default buggy behavior?

    Saw several of these already reported

    both parts of resilient growth in fury, none in cunning - with nurture spam you spend no time in fury
    sudden growth consumes blossoms? if so you get weird buff to nurture below trigger point but nerf to heals relying on blossoms, each nurture tick heals + blossom consume for 4% extra heal? so extra 20% heal over whole channel
    effloresce proc says deluge & inundate where tree says estuary instead of deluge, doesn't consume on deluge, so working as intended but bad tool tip?
    conservation seems to be proc? I saw a 15 second buff appear with its name, but didn't stick around even with 5 blossoms
    coming storm not procing on damaging abilities for heal buff, you get soothing waters for heal and dps abilities used which buffs next dps ability
    deluge consumes cultivate, even though deluge is instant

    you could macro your abilities to two buttons + CD, nurture on one and macro on other
    cast Deluge
    cast Cultivate
    cast Inundate

    side note
    if mastery is preserver version of cleric's divine favor it becomes much like puri so 5 man aoe heals become very moot
    puri has 3 second channel in ward of fire, pop an estuary here and there, can heal iron tomb without cleansing if you do self and non-buffed target cleanse divine favor copy takes care of the rest with timed instants
    Last edited by Ulaume; 09-14-2015 at 10:25 PM.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #62
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I wish there was a list of "known issues, work in progress, and things which are recent changes which are still in the testing/brainstorming phase" so that we could have a better understanding of how the class is expected to play out.
    Edited the update post in the thread. PTS should be available soon with those changes.

  3. #63
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    42

    Default Healing

    1. Change the radius of Serenity to 12-15 meters.
    2. Change the CD of Essence Flow to 1 Min to keep it on par with the Primal Avatar.
    3. Increase the healing of Estuary to make it worth using. The current amount of healing doesnt make it worth while to use and makes ST Abilities stand out more. Being able to use Estuary to help a bit with Raid healing will make the soul Versatile and not just Tank healing.

  4. #64
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    *Rebalanced Nurture so it isn't as strong for a 0 point investment. Also, Nurture now increases in effectiveness based on points in soul.
    .
    very excellent


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  5. #65
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    1. Change the radius of Serenity to 12-15 meters.
    2. Change the CD of Essence Flow to 1 Min to keep it on par with the Primal Avatar.
    3. Increase the healing of Estuary to make it worth using. The current amount of healing doesnt make it worth while to use and makes ST Abilities stand out more. Being able to use Estuary to help a bit with Raid healing will make the soul Versatile and not just Tank healing.
    radius on serenity should be increased, but not to that amount.

    essence flow is not worth it to use w/ pirmal avatar. Those two cd's should not be paired together.

    This is a ST healer, not an aoe healer or a hybrid healer. The intention of estuary is to provide JUST enough aoe healing for it to be able to effectively heal experts.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  6. #66
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    radius on serenity should be increased, but not to that amount.

    essence flow is not worth it to use w/ pirmal avatar. Those two cd's should not be paired together.

    This is a ST healer, not an aoe healer or a hybrid healer. The intention of estuary is to provide JUST enough aoe healing for it to be able to effectively heal experts.
    hopefully he meant diameter and not radius lol


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  7. #67
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    hopefully he meant diameter and not radius lol
    Radius vs Diamiter

    I mean, I HOPE he meant diameter as well, but I figured I would play along and actually respond to the words he wrote =D
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  8. #68
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    radius on serenity should be increased, but not to that amount.

    essence flow is not worth it to use w/ pirmal avatar. Those two cd's should not be paired together.

    This is a ST healer, not an aoe healer or a hybrid healer. The intention of estuary is to provide JUST enough aoe healing for it to be able to effectively heal experts.
    It looks like the current diameter of Serenity is about 5-8 meters. That is a small diameter and barely covers a melee group. Even 10 meters would be good enough of a diameter over the current one.

    Essence Flow is very much worth using it with Primal Avatar if you need burst healing asap. Higher crit chance with instant Inundate=Better heal and even better Shielding. Using the 2 together is very powerful considering your only using 3 sec of Primal Avatar to do such crazy burst.

    I understand that it is currently meant for ST healing, but as it stands, Estuary is not worth using, not even in dungeons. As I said, your better off using your ST heals to top everyone off. The Preserver has great potential to be a hybrid ST/AoE healer given the abilities that it has and what it can do with those abilities between the HoT you get from being in Fury and the absorbs you get from being in Cunning. Giving them a chance to do some raid healing as well will allow for better results given the chance to pop shields on the raid using Estuary and Serenity.

    Also, Cultivate is basically a spamable Hot (4 sec CD for an 18 sec hot that does good healing is pretty good.) This could also be used in raid healing spreading HoTs on the raid using it.
    Last edited by HotSpot129; 09-16-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Misused Radius lol

  9. #69
    RIFT Guide Writer Waseem2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    I like Serenity's range now, maybe increase the targets it hits to 10.

    Estuary is only hitting targets right next to the target its cast on. Range needs increasing.
    It's healing definitely needs improving.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

  10. #70
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    It looks like the current diameter of Serenity is about 5-8 meters. That is a small diameter and barely covers a melee group. Even 10 meters would be good enough of a diameter over the current one.
    As I said, it needs to have an increased size. U said radius of 10-15...which is huge......diameter of 10 is much different =D

    I suggested to them to make a mastery which either increases the amount of players it affects, or decreases the cooldown to allow you to have 2 down at 1 time. Something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    Essence Flow is very much worth using it with Primal Avatar if you need burst healing asap. Higher crit chance with instant Inundate=Better heal and even better Shielding. Using the 2 together is very powerful considering your only using 3 sec of Primal Avatar to do such crazy burst.
    I promise ya, it is not worth it to use those two together, you use those two back to back MAYBE, but not together. You get more gains to utilize font buff w/ primal avatar. If you want to use em together, feel free and waste cd's. Primal avatar is designed the way it is to directly synergize w/ font.

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    I understand that it is currently meant for ST healing, but as it stands, Estuary is not worth using, not even in dungeons. As I said, your better off using your ST heals to top everyone off. The Preserver has great potential to be a hybrid ST/AoE healer given the abilities that it has and what it can do with those abilities between the HoT you get from being in Fury and the absorbs you get from being in Cunning. Giving them a chance to do some raid healing as well will allow for better results given the chance to pop shields on the raid using Estuary and Serenity.
    Using ST heals to top everyone off in a dungeon without overgearing it? I don't see that working out in your favor. A fast 1.5 5 person heal to top everyone off is much more viable that you think. The hot you get from cunning is minuscule and will not save anyone like a estuary will. This is not a raid healing soul, please remember there are still additional souls to be created/released for primalist. That is where aoe healing/hybridization will come into play.

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    Also, Cultivate is basically a spamable Hot (4 sec CD for an 18 sec hot that does good healing is pretty good.) This could also be used in raid healing spreading HoTs on the raid using it.
    You can keep the hot running on 4 people. That is far from "raid" healing. If it did not have a CD then you could splash it to additional players, and hence why there is a CD to begin with =D


    I do agree with you that serenity needs to be increased. I also feel like I would prefer it to be a mobile aoe heal that surrounds the preserver, instead of one which drops on the ground. If it would not be mobile, then I would like it to be something you can drop on the ground, have no CD, but only allowed to have 1 serenity on the ground at any given time, that way if movement was required, you could "pick up" and place your serenity on the new location, without having to wait for it to expire at its previous location.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  11. #71
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    42

    Default

    They may have hybridization in the future with the next 4 souls, but I have doubt about that. I feel that they will add 2 more dps, a support soul and possibly another tank soul. They could work with the masteries to give aoe abilities in the current tree a bit more healing to suit playstyle and give it something other than straight ST healing. It would be a good idea imo. I do understand where you are coming from though Deeew. I just enjoy Preserver a lot and hope that they make it a standard Hybridization build that fits players preferred playstyle. I like to have the option to raid heal on something that has a very fun playstyle.

  12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    They may have hybridization in the future with the next 4 souls, but I have doubt about that. I feel that they will add 2 more dps, a support soul and possibly another tank soul. They could work with the masteries to give aoe abilities in the current tree a bit more healing to suit playstyle and give it something other than straight ST healing. It would be a good idea imo. I do understand where you are coming from though Deeew. I just enjoy Preserver a lot and hope that they make it a standard Hybridization build that fits players preferred playstyle. I like to have the option to raid heal on something that has a very fun playstyle.
    The next 4 souls will be Ranged ST Burst DPS, Melee ST Burst DPS, Support, and AoE/Raid Healer. Preserver is a ST Main Tank healer that has a minor amount of AoE healing... Kinda like what Deew has already said in the thread a few times already.

    Also, added an Upcoming Fixes section to the Update post in the thread with the latest changes.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-16-2015 at 01:31 PM.

  13. #73
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    They may have hybridization in the future with the next 4 souls, but I have doubt about that. I feel that they will add 2 more dps, a support soul and possibly another tank soul. They could work with the masteries to give aoe abilities in the current tree a bit more healing to suit playstyle and give it something other than straight ST healing. It would be a good idea imo. I do understand where you are coming from though Deeew. I just enjoy Preserver a lot and hope that they make it a standard Hybridization build that fits players preferred playstyle. I like to have the option to raid heal on something that has a very fun playstyle.
    I cannot stress this enough. Preserver is a ST healer w/ the capability of doing JUUUUUUUUST enough aoe healing to survive experts. Now we can make the argument that perhaps it does not do enough AoE healing to meet that requirement. ATM I feel like it does meet that requirement.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  14. #74
    RIFT Guide Writer Waseem2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I cannot stress this enough. Preserver is a ST healer w/ the capability of doing JUUUUUUUUST enough aoe healing to survive experts. Now we can make the argument that perhaps it does not do enough AoE healing to meet that requirement. ATM I feel like it does meet that requirement.
    Maybe change Estuary to something else then?

    Right now i'm doing better keeping my group up with ST heals. Estuary seems like a waste.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

  15. #75
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    42

    Default

    As I have stated, I was throwing out an idea that could work in order to make it a hybrid without the hassle of making a whole new build with JUST aoe healing. We currently do not have any Healing souls that provide a mix of both that are competitive (Besides chloro even though it mainly AoE heals). I just feel that if you made Preserver a hybrid healing soul, it would make the class unique. It has unique features, but the AoE healing abilities that it has now are not worth using in its current state for even NTEs. As stated, Estuary is essentially worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts