+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dervish Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Give it a whirl
    Terrible pun. For shame.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #122
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Terrible pun. For shame.
    Systems designers derive pleasure only from puns and calculus.

Something I forgot to ask about, does the 5% crit debuff from squall benefit the whole raid or just the primalist that cast it? I have been unable to get reliable data on this.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    Something I forgot to ask about, does the 5% crit debuff from squall benefit the whole raid or just the primalist that cast it? I have been unable to get reliable data on this.
    It's raid-wide and in the same stacking group as Lethal Poison. Already talked a bit with RH about the idea of being able to spread it to multiple targets to remain consistent with Lethal's functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    It's raid-wide and in the same stacking group as Lethal Poison. Already talked a bit with RH about the idea of being able to spread it to multiple targets to remain consistent with Lethal's functionality.
    sweet thanks. Perhaps another mastery point.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Hey all,

We layered a large number of changes on top of each other in the past days which caused some confusion, but as of now there should be up-to-date damage numbers on Dervish abilities again. (They should be lower than 130k but not as low as 70k, and the abilities' damage values should once again drive you into a rotation for moving back and forth from Fury to Cunning)

Give it a whirl when you next have a chance and let me know what you can do on it now.
    95.7k Parse

It was at 97k before I stopped it, but overall it is looking pretty solid atm. Seismic Smash and Savage Twister need some love.

Seismic Smash damage was low in comparison to other Earth Abilities(even including 20% more Air Cutter damage)

Savage Twister was doing maybe 3k dps which made it not worth using since you could get more DPS by pushing the focus rather than maintaining the DoT.(from what I was told this ability isn't scaling properly with weapon damage)
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

rockslide still reads clear the breach when used, and if the root is immuned, the ability does no damage, and it doesn't put you into combat.
    This was one of the things I reported, it's not the immunity that causes no damage it's the distance. If you're further than 7.5m it does no damage.

SIDENOTE for waseem: with the addition of berserker, we can now use morbid strike to generate constant cunning, is it ideal? probably not, but when the damage numbers get smoothed out it might come into play.
    Yeh I considered that as I'm using the two in another spec but since Morbid Strike is not earth damage I don't see it becoming useful in Dervish any time soon.

Also sidenote again, until air cutter's damage is properly reduced relative to what it was before (bigger nerf) the blanket damage nerfs, and aftershock as well (much smaller damage nerf than it recieved), I cannot get a relative parse.
    Bit of this^

I'm not happy with Savage Twister, Aftershock and Seismic Smash. As we can see from Leth's breakdown, he's not even using Twister and is barely using Seismic Smash but his dps is much higher then me trying to use those abilities.

I'm not going to post any parses until the changes tomorrow, hopefully these abilities work a bit better.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 09-21-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    This was one of the things I reported, it's not the immunity that causes no damage it's the distance. If you're further than 7.5m it does no damage.

Yeh I considered that as I'm using the two in another spec but since Morbid Strike is not earth damage I don't see it becoming useful in Dervish any time soon.

Bit of this^

I'm not happy with Savage Twister, Aftershock and Seismic Smash. As we can see from Leth's breakdown, he's not even using Twister and is barely using Seismic Smash but his dps is much higher then me trying to use those abilities.

I'm not going to post any parses until the changes tomorrow, hopefully these abilities work a bit better.
    From my testing the changes are already live on the pts

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Soulwalker

Hey,

Since the changes has been made, aftershock can fit in the rotation, but still in last earth ability priority after Seismic Smash.
    However Savage Twister dmg still remains a way too low for replace any other skill and not worth a gdc to be use atm.

Overall I'd say it's still ovepowered considering we have only 14.20 crit power in R3 testing gear and we're able to do around 100K dps with almost 50% crit, it means when you will be pcrit soft capped, you will gain 25k dps more, so around 125k STdps without any burst raid where the primalist burst block will fit perfectly btw.

You should reduce the Air cutter dmg a lot and up the Savage Twister dmg a lot also to make its uptime important, but it implies that you find a way to not be stuck in cunning all the time.

Ps: The mastery 65 doing only 1k5 dps where for all others classes doing around 2.5kdps

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #130
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    95.7k Parse

Savage Twister was doing maybe 3k dps
    Looks like there's a bug with Savage Twister causing it not to scale with weapon damage. Thanks for the parse!

Rift Chaser

Looks like there's a bug with Savage Twister causing it not to scale with weapon damage. Thanks for the parse!
    Did you already fix the damage of savage twister? It seems like its doing a decent amount of damage to me. I'm parsing around 104k on average. Had one at like 107k over 3 mins with crazy crits on WD and EF.

I agree that ST damage should be increased, but not by a lot. I don't want to prioritize getting to harmony every 15 seconds over weaving earth and air abilities and being ready to use WD or EF as soon as its up. I spent a lot of time coming up with my rotation to maximize ST uptime and it still is only up around 85% of the time, which i think is fine.

The buff from casting lashing wind that gives the aftershock buff and the 20% aircutter buff from seismic smash both have the same name and its ruining my kalert for tracking air cutter stacks.

Speaking of aftershock, it still is useless. Right now the only reason to use it is if TS and Subduction are on CD and you don't need more stacks for air cutter. I only need to use it 3 times per minute. It would be cool if you gave it some effect that only needs to happen every so often, something that would make it worth using over TS or subduction. For example, have it consume all tremor stacks on use, and give bonus damage per stack used.

Lastly, and this is easy, nerf the 64 mastery and buff the 65 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Did you already fix the damage of savage twister? It seems like its doing a decent amount of damage to me. I'm parsing around 104k on average. Had one at like 107k over 3 mins with crazy crits on WD and EF.

I agree that ST damage should be increased, but not by a lot. I don't want to prioritize getting to harmony every 15 seconds over weaving earth and air abilities and being ready to use WD or EF as soon as its up. I spent a lot of time coming up with my rotation to maximize ST uptime and it still is only up around 85% of the time, which i think is fine.

The buff from casting lashing wind that gives the aftershock buff and the 20% aircutter buff from seismic smash both have the same name and its ruining my kalert for tracking air cutter stacks.

Speaking of aftershock, it still is useless. Right now the only reason to use it is if TS and Subduction are on CD and you don't need more stacks for air cutter. I only need to use it 3 times per minute. It would be cool if you gave it some effect that only needs to happen every so often, something that would make it worth using over TS or subduction. For example, have it consume all tremor stacks on use, and give bonus damage per stack used.

Lastly, and this is easy, nerf the 64 mastery and buff the 65 mastery.
    Ayyyyy look who's back on the forums.

Welcome back laddie.

XD.

For comparison, Paragon sits around 105k with the same t3 box gear. Probably higher if I min/maxed better, getting a little Rusty.

That 104k posted above is a good mark for Dervish.

I've suggested this change before but it would require another cunning filler, I'm not too keen on using Morbid Strike for it.

I've suggested changing Subduction to be the opposite of Lashing Wind.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    For comparison, Paragon sits around 105k with the same t3 box gear. Probably higher if I min/maxed better, getting a little Rusty.
    Not quite. The only spec consistently over 100k in t3 test gear, currently, is 61 Harb. Even then they are barely over that mark. 61 Sin is sitting just a tad short of Para.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-22-2015 at 11:16 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #135
    Rift Team

Did you already fix the damage of savage twister?
    Yep, it was fixed as of this morning. As for the other stuff, thanks for all the feedback, there's definitely still some tuning left to do.
    Last edited by Red Hawk; 09-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast