Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Venun

Thread: Best Necro/Warlock Leveling Build

Soulwalker

Default Best Necro/Warlock Leveling Build

I was wondering if someone can post the some of the better Necro/Warlock/X leveling builds. They seem to be eluding the search engine for me

Thanks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sombor View Post
    I was wondering if someone can post the some of the better Necro/Warlock/X leveling builds. They seem to be eluding the search engine for me

Thanks
    Because you fail at using the search engine.. About 40 of these posts here.

Click Page 2 at the bottom of the page

Soulwalker

I've gone with 12 in Necro for the warrior pet then full Warlock. With aoe opening up now it can be a lot of fun.

Rift Chaser

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jackuze View Post
    I've gone with 12 in Necro for the warrior pet then full Warlock. With aoe opening up now it can be a lot of fun.
    ^^^^^^
    This

I was thinking of using this same build with the exception of moving the one point in Neddra's grasp to Dark Power. I'm curious to hear what other's opinions are with this build. I figure it's a great jack of all trades build with self healng, mana regen, charge gen, aoe dps, and single target dps. A solid levelling build in theory. I'm only level 21 at this point, so I haven't been able to put it to practice yet.

I love it so far. They just need to reverse the tank pet skins. The Knight looks like crap compared to the lesser tank pet.

Telaran

I've been using Necro/Warlock/Chloromancer and it's been really easy leveling, so far at level 23.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zwvR.Exczcz.0c.m

Rift Disciple

I went Loc/Nec/Dom with most of my points in loc but not too far behind is the nec, took the Dom for the transmorph spell and knock back. I am loving the build so far and will have to decide soon which to spend the most points in. I think what's holding me back and ultimately deciding is the AOE channeling spells from both the loc and the nec. In BETA I had the loc channeled aoe, and loved it. Later on today I will have both and will test them out well and then decide. Want me to put my thoughts when I eventually choose? Once the servers come back up I will take a screen shot with my build. Can't say too many bad things about the build I have chosen so far. I can burn just about anything down rather quickly.
    Bal

Telaran

Just out of curiosity, how does a level 50 build = a leveling build? You're done leveling by the time that build is ready.

Basically if you're looking to level up a Necro/Lock soloing build, put all your points into necro until you get to Soul Purge. Free points going into Warlock's +charge skill and opportunity. That will bring you to level 17. Remember to use your dots and debuffs as they make your pets more powerful.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRwv..xx0t0z.x

From there it's a matter of personal preference. You can keep decking out your Necro to get to Ancient Tomb to beef up your pets (This upgrades your Horror & Stalwart to a Zealot & Knight) or you can put points into Warlock to get Opportunity & Neddra's Influence (+dot dmg). So by level 21...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRwv..xx0tczo.xb

After that, go back and get (+dot dmg) or the pets if you flipped this around. Get FD for your "oh **** moments" and start working towards the really nice warlock passives (+dmg +crit rates, etc..) Here's a good build by level 30.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRwv..xx0tVzk.xx0G0z

After 30 - you should know your own personal preferences enough to start working the build for yourself. How you play is going to warrant how you spend your points. For instance, I put up my skele HP's because I use the Knight and I like to sacrifice a little DPS for survivability. Some people dont care about HP because they use the zealot and don't mind things beating on them. It all depends how you play. Regardless of how you play though remember these are what you *NEED*:

Necro Skills
    1. Death's Ally
    2. Soul Purge
    3. Ancient Tomb

Warlock Skills
    1. Magical Affinity (DEFINATELY)
    2. Opportunity
    3. Neddra's Influence
    4. Potency
    5. Dark Power
    6. Improved Warlock Armor

Whatever skills you fill in with that build will be fine. Have fun.
    Venun, 50 Mage

Guild leader of <Apex>
    Defiant guild on Deepwood.
    Progression: 5/5 GSB, 2/4 ROS, 4/4 GP

Loved venum sig..so I made one for myself and testing it...lol

edit argh...didn't work
    Last edited by Megadeth; 03-01-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Been trying out Venun's set up. Lvl'd to 27 as pyro, super slow due to it being only single target. Switched over to this build and I kill 5 times as many enemies in the same time or less. AMAZING, also unlimited mana.

Soulwalker

This is somewhat similar to what my leveling build has been so far. Also if it's not obvious from the spec I'm playing on a PvP server so the build is for that.

I wouldn't go any further up the necro tree than what I have done in the following build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...pmzk.ejRAkoqeo

Leveling order:

Start going all necro, which will get you soul purge and improved pet, then begin speccing into the warlock tree. Life leech can be negated, but I'd still recommend taking it. Just get Archmage 0 point for the breakfree (good for PvE and PvP).

AoE leveling and sustainability is crazy.

Venun,

It would be interesting to see what rotations you recommend with that build. I feel like its working well but always looking to improve.
    Proud Leader of The Grumpy Old Gits (Scarhide)

Tried the necro build last night ( at 13 to 15 ), much better than what I was using before.
    I'll stick with this for awhile ^^
    My fav part is easy mana.

This is kind of where I took Venun's build to: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVxk.xxMtVdkzs

I replaced chloro w/ dom for the CC since spores was just a waste of mana. Essence Link heals reliably for much more than Radiant spore does so its really a waste of a soul slot. I've found that in clutch situations in PvE and PvP having Transmogrify is very useful especially if you can line it up with an Opportunity proc.

Closed Thread