+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good mage leveling combo

Default good mage leveling combo

Ok so Im looking for a good combo to lvl my main (mage) I will be solo and could care less about PvP,I hear ele/pyro or lock/necro but what about ele/lock? good pet and dots? Ive tried necro /lock b4 and i like it but im used to nuke mages so I cant really decide what to roll.i want the standard lvling spec decent dps and survivability.Any help would be awesome.

Telaran

The best combination I have found is Pyro/Chloro/Elemen

8 into Chloro for Bloom and for making it instant, 0 in Elem merely for the tank pet, and then dump the rest into Pyro to make things melt. Can handle 3-4 mob pulls with little to no problems.
    Mahaanmuutto -=Challenge Accepted=-

I like ele/warlock once I have enough points for the talented pet heal. Elementalist damage isn't bad and with talents your pet can hold 2 mobs, sometimes 3. Sacrifice Life: Mana and Reconstruct will keep you going forever. The 0 point pets stop keeping up with you after level 30 and they get "squishy" well before that I strongly prefer to have a necro or ele main soul soloing.
    Last edited by Sky775; 02-25-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Shadowlander

Necro/Warlock/Dom

Once you hit 12, you get the tank pet, and it keeps aggro VERY well. Invest full points in necro, off points into warlock, and leave Dom at 0. Necro and Warlock are both death damage and compliment each other very nicely. Dom gives you 30 seconds of crowd control with no points invested, and can be a real life saver.

This tends to be a very lazy spec - send in tanky, throw down your 3 dots and 2 debuffs, then maybe a void/plague bolt for some charge, or maybe not. sacrafice life for mana to keep the blue bar full, then once the monster is at 50% health, soul purge it down to 0, keeping you and tanky at full health. In reality, you dont have any time between spells, but it is so easy as to be boring. You almost welcome 3 or 4 adds, because then your involved, throwing out all your dots, refreshing them, soul purging... not that your in ~real~ danger, just thats its refreshing for a change.

Oh, and equal level minor rifts are cake once you hit 16 (Soul purge gained at 16).

Good times.
    Last edited by RichReid; 02-25-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Champion

I've been doing Warlock/Necro/Archon. The number of DoTs is frankly pretty staggering, and once you get about 14 points into warlock they tick fairly hard. You've got a decent pet, a lot of HP from the Archon DoT/Endurance buff, and zero downtime once you've got life:mana and reconstruct.

What RichReid said. Soul purge in a proper necro-lock build = PvE levelling win.

+ Reply to Thread