+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul Purge, will it work on elementalist pet????

Soulwalker

Default Soul Purge, will it work on elementalist pet????

Does anyone know will that skill of the necro, Soul Purge work on Elementalist pet?

Why would you spec into necro and then use an elementalist pet... and why would you have elementalist with necro at all.

Prophet of Telara

Does it really matter why? It's a valid question either way.

It looks like it should do, from the tool-tip - because it doesn't specifically say the Undead pet, which a lot of Necro abilities do... but it would be interesting to know if you could use it on an Ele pet.

X

That is the best part about this game...if someone wants to make a Necro/Elem...

They can! woot woot

Rift Disciple

Um...yea they "Can" but it would be redundant and no sensible raid group would want you in it. Its like that in all MMOs if you want to spec like a moron and do awful awful Damage/Tanking/Healing you can...doesnt mean you should.

Don't mix elementalist and necro. It's such a waste.

Telaran

maybe for early on for an exclusive tanking pet?
    'A mind without purpose will walk in dark places' - Gideon Ravenor

You are a Keyboard Warrior....

Shadowlander

Think he meant for necro/lock/ele. Just use the tank pet from ele with 0 points.

Still makes no sense. So much of the Necro tree is bent towards enhancing the undead pets. The synergy between the two is simply incidental, you'd be better off focusing on one or the other. They can both heal, buff, support and utilize their own pets sufficiently without crossover.

As Cmac4 implied: Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

No, you can't have my charms.
    The first rule of Nightblade is, you do not talk about Nightblade.

Shadowlander

So far you have all posted and failed to answer his question. Nobody cares what you have to say about why its a fail build, just answer his friggen question!

I am not answering because I do not know the answer.

Shadowlander

From what I remember it works on any pet.

As for taking Necro ele it makes perfect sense for early leveling because the 1st necro pet has horrible agro (mainly due to the fact that necrosis actually lowers its threat....)

I am going to start out leveling as Ele / Warlock until I have 12 points to spend. At that point I will switch to Necro / Lock / Dom with the 12 point necro pet (decent agro).

Rift Disciple

Most likely noone knows the answer... but it doesnt matter as the build is completely useless so it really does not matter.

God people just can't be ******s when the man just simply wants the question answered. I am pretty damned sure it should work, since the skill doesn't say "undead pet" specifically...just like the +3 charge when your pet attacks works for necro pets too. Hell I wouldnt doubt most of the "your elemental" skills would work on a necro pet too lol
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    God people just can't be ******s when the man just simply wants the question answered.
    I completely agree. You can have three souls up at once, most people are only going to put points into one or two.
    AND you can learn all the souls and swap them in different roles.

Sorry I cant answer the question. Bunch of ****s.

Mal

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mallus View Post
    From what I remember it works on any pet.

As for taking Necro ele it makes perfect sense for early leveling because the 1st necro pet has horrible agro (mainly due to the fact that necrosis actually lowers its threat....)

I am going to start out leveling as Ele / Warlock until I have 12 points to spend. At that point I will switch to Necro / Lock / Dom with the 12 point necro pet (decent agro).
    Yes because when you put 16 points into necro for soul purge, you definetely don't have enough for the 12 points for the necro tank pet..

oh wait

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast