+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soul Purge, will it work on elementalist pet????

Quote Originally Posted by Mallus View Post
    ...the 1st necro pet has horrible agro (mainly due to the fact that necrosis actually lowers its threat....)
    Just disable the skill it has that lowers threat. It'll still do way more damage than an earth elemental.

Soulwalker

So its a bad idea to take elem and necro? lol. I have spent many hours working on mages (mostly necro) with the soul builder and the best pvp/pve necro build I have come up with is necro/elem/chloro. Also tested many necro builds in beta, including the ones that everyone says are "all that". So not only are you guys not answering his question your also dead wrong about necro/elem. But I love hearing this. Would hate to see my build become fotm.

OP: I have not tested this and would not assume just because the description does not specify necro pet that it should work on a elem pet. Only way to know for sure is to test it. My guess is that it either will not work or will get changed in a patch to make it not work.

Rift Disciple

I think the answer is no one really knows, because no one bothers playing Necro/Ele. Any argument about using the ele tank pet is irrelevant, since going deep enough into necro to get soul purge gets you the undead tank pet. If you want the answer, you're going to have to find out yourself, since no one else wants to play a gimped build.

What about ele/lock ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriken View Post
    Still makes no sense. So much of the Necro tree is bent towards enhancing the undead pets. The synergy between the two is simply incidental, you'd be better off focusing on one or the other. They can both heal, buff, support and utilize their own pets sufficiently without crossover.

As Cmac4 implied: Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Because until level 12 you have no pet that can tank on necro?

Or even after level 12 the pet from Ele tanks better?

Maybe they are going for a more Dot everything up build and watch **** die with Necro/Lock/Ele.

Soulwalker

Default my opion

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    Because until level 12 you have no pet that can tank on necro?

Or even after level 12 the pet from Ele tanks better?

Maybe they are going for a more Dot everything up build and watch **** die with Necro/Lock/Ele.
    im playing a necro/dom/choro built and trust me when people say can you heal or fight i have no problems in rifts or soloing anything 2 levels above me or in my level and below but yes you can do the ele/necro but for that build its not pertaining to anything since your only allowed one pet at a time and some of the buffs for necro will not work on ele but the buffs for ele will work on necro go figure

Soulwalker

Why are people getting angry in this thread? There's a reason nobody will answer his question: nobody knows because nobody is silly enough to roll necro/ele at the same time.

OP would have a lot quicker answer by rolling one himself and trying it.

Was bored, so I went out and tested it. Soul Purge will heal your Elementalist pets, though as mostly everyone else advises, you should probably use your Skeleton Stalwart you get for spec'ing for Soul Purge instead. :x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2