Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Chloromancer builds

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara Ramea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889

    Default Chloromancer builds

    I start this topic in response to Natjur, to avoid too much off-topic in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...04#post1133104


    Quote Originally Posted by Natjur View Post
    What other soul do you use with your Chloro? [...]

    Warlock 33, chloro 23 = soloing
    Chloro 34, warlock 22 = instances and groups

    What other souls do you have with your chloro, I am always interested in testing out other builds.
    Until a few days ago I would usually have some chloro/warlock build. Then, after some discussion on this forum, I discovered that I quite enjoy the archon as support or main soul. This chloro/archon build I enjoyed the most for healing:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...ckRo.hRLsMb.xo
    http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m..._chlorArch.jpg

    I missed the 5 points in Opportunity, but I found that the 10% casting speed debuff on the mob that gives the caster 10% increased casting speed, made up for it - while reducing the mobs damage output.

    When the situation allows it, Leeching Flames is compared to other rift mage dots surpringly nice with Natural awareness and the archon abilities of increasing the casters int.

    It took some getting used to this spec because it adds a lot of additional abilities. It did like the combination of a healer that heals through damage, while decreasing the mobs damage output and increasing it's damage intake and buffing the group.
    If we had an archon in group I would probably choose a heavy chloro,warlock,elementalist build. But to be honest we never had in archon in our groups, nobody seems to want to play them.

    For soloing I tried all kind of builds, I resetted 2 of my 4 souls several times per day on every beta day since december

    For warfronts a warlock 33 / chloro 23 build as you mention it too, seemed to be by far the best build (for me).
    The survivability was way better than a heavy chloro build with some spare points in warlock.
    It does lower the potencial heal output but a living healer heals more than a dead one.

    GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara wallweasels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    To be honest I wasn't hugely fond of using WarChloro. But in the end by the time I was 36 (I got to 39 but couldnt remember exactly what it was) my two main builds were ChloroArchon and ChloroNecro. C.A was for Raids and Group work while C.N was for solo work.

    ChloroNecro was this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Iuoccz.Etcz0zo

    The basis being keeping me and my pet as safe as possible at all times...obviously. The archon was for the two +stat spells that came base, which worked quite nicely to be honest. Call of Spring + Soul Purge healed for insane amounts, not that soul purge isnt insane on its own. abusing instant spells and stream of reclaimations instant +39 charge, you could soul purge for decades in a row. I was capable of pulling up to 3-4 creeps of my level and coming out quite frosty.

    My issues with this build were: Keeping up stacks of looming demise + deathly calling + necrosis could put a cramp on what life spells I wanted to use. If I needed sustained healing I would use soul purge or toss a ruin, if needed emergency call of spring flourish could heal easily for more than 1k. Maybe not the most refined build, but it suited me well for rifts and solo work. Also nothing is more hilarious than soul purge triggering spores. Since the like 300 tick heals weren't enough, I also need 30% of the damage hits back too :P

    My Chloro Archon is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uohcz.hRfso.Vz

    Which worked under the principle that rockslide + pillaging stone with the bonus from strength of stone gave close to 100INT and 50WIS. This combined with +5 crit from Ele gave me a pretty damned snazzy crit-chance and spell power. With +25%INT every cast I nearly hit 450INT by the time I was 39. This basically explains itself, the only issue with this build is IF you ever have a real archon in your group (...not many I ran into though) my two buffs override his, but of course if I was grouped with one I would merely not use them. Surprisingly even when soloing it my capped lvl30 pet still had decent HP from the endurance buff I gave it, and capable of keeping my *** alive.


    For the "future" of these two builds:
    ChloroArchon: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zRo.hRfsRfbozr
    I posted this in another thread, but this is basically halfsies on both Chloro and Archon. Archon giving very insane buffs to your team-mates and to yourself.

    for necro? not sure on what i'll do for 50. :P
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    I came up with this for a totally healing role

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...EdIuqqckoR.x0c

    I figure heals + buffs + CC seems to be a decent thing to do. :shrug:

  4. #4
    Telaran Kerrzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    For end game groups/raids that don't already have an archon doing buffs I'd be willing to try out this spec:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zoR.hMxcMbio0R

    But my initial build for leveling and dungeons will be this:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVx.vdIuoVczoR

    I prefer the Warlock spec because Sacrifice Life: Mana is the single best spell a Chloro can have. And with 6 points in Warlock you can't get the 32 point archon aura (which says it *reduces* the casting/melee speed of your group members? like, debuffs them? is that right?) which means you can only get 16% damage/healing from Power In Numbers. So I'd have to actually test out the archon spec to see if I like it.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Sacrifice Life Mana is not needed on Chloromancer at all, you should be having no issues with mana and if you are then you can just use living shell, which is 60% mana back for a single gcd as opposed to 15% for a single gcd. I was doing some chloro main healing for lantern hook for beta 7, my group did several runs back to back and I did not have to use a pot or a mana ability at all. 5/5 in Exhilaration is incredible for keeping mana up.

    IMO just go 34 chloro 32 archon if your group doesn't have an archon in it for healing at end game.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    For PvE healing I'd go 30 points into warlock, 10% chance of instant casts, more charge, 20% more damage and 5% crit, you also buff your DoTs though that's a minimumal but not nonexistant healing bonus. While living shell and empathic bond give us plenty of mana, lifetap doesn't hurt. I suspect this is the strongest build because warlock supports us in a lot of ways. If you pop sacrifice life: damage and entropic veil at the same time, you could get some reasonable DPS and high healing burst on for a little bit too.

    If you are a main healer you should be taking a tree for passives or supplementals. You would struggle to keep a group up with keeping archon buffs up. Chloro is a healing soul, if you're describing it as a "chloro build" then you're a healer, not a support class. I'm not sure how many other souls would buff chloro as consistantly as lock. I suppose 20 in warlock, 15 in elementalist could work, 10% more crit chance and 50% bigger crits on damaging spells, that would provide very spiky heals but if you stacked crit it'd probably be pretty strong though going that deep into the spec and not grabbing exposure would be weak, so maybe 15 in lock 20 elementalist. I'm assuming at least 31 in chloro but I'm not sure how good the 31 point skill is for main healing chloros. Maybe as a panic button in raids. Anyway my point is that Archon would detract from our ability to heal. Elemental and/or warlock are probably the best as they just passively feed our main tree.

    On the other hand for an *archon build* chloro for support healing as filler would be really nice. At that point it's more a chloro off spec. Archons have a weak filler so they wouldn't lose much DPS being a chloro, if any, and the support healing on top of everything would bring their group much joy. Archon is an incredibly powerful spc but I strongly suspect that if you try to do too much with a spec, you won't be as effective at any one thing, and you're considerably more likely to screw up if you're watching everything at once. It's probably a good support character for a 5 man with a shaky healer or iffy tanking but a full archon with more DPS (ie some elemental and/or pyro points) would be of more use to most groups.

    I tend to take a 3rd tree with 0 points in for a pet. Elemental for soloing and rifts (because you can't count on tanks there) and necro for groups as the skeleton is just free DPS. I can switch on the spot without respeccing as long as I remember to do so when buying skills too. You could go dominator for CC, so I see eye to eye with kerzhe on the bigger picture at least.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    I missed the 5 points in Opportunity, but I found that the 10% casting speed debuff on the mob that gives the caster 10% increased casting speed, made up for it - while reducing the mobs damage output.
    Just so you know, the said spell, Lingering Dust, which gives 10% haste is being moved to 44-point archon spell and the current 44-pointer is replacing it at 16 points. This is according to the alpha notes that have been around for a few days, and will probably be what it is when the game is released.

    Just a heads-up for all the X Chloro - 16 Archon - X something builds out there.
    Last edited by Teura; 02-22-2011 at 07:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrzhe View Post
    For end game groups/raids that don't already have an archon doing buffs I'd be willing to try out this spec:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zoR.hMxcMbio0R

    But my initial build for leveling and dungeons will be this:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVx.vdIuoVczoR

    I prefer the Warlock spec because Sacrifice Life: Mana is the single best spell a Chloro can have. And with 6 points in Warlock you can't get the 32 point archon aura (which says it *reduces* the casting/melee speed of your group members? like, debuffs them? is that right?) which means you can only get 16% damage/healing from Power In Numbers. So I'd have to actually test out the archon spec to see if I like it.
    Kerrzhe, On your Leveling/Dungeon build, just curious but why the 1 point in Opportunity instead of Neddra's Torture? I didn't get to play all that high level but the 3% bonus damage seems handy on bosses / longer fights (where the 1 sec cast time seems more justified).

  9. #9
    Telaran Kerrzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crinisen View Post
    Kerrzhe, On your Leveling/Dungeon build, just curious but why the 1 point in Opportunity instead of Neddra's Torture? I didn't get to play all that high level but the 3% bonus damage seems handy on bosses / longer fights (where the 1 sec cast time seems more justified).
    Hm, you definitely have a good point. I'm not sure if they changed it recently but I seem to remember it only increasing Death damage for some reason. Hard to say how much better it is than a single point of Opportunity without some testing.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Yup Torture changed recently.

    It's... OK... but the 3% extra may not be worth the GCD. It really only works out if the target stays alive for the 20 seconds in order to get the termination nuke for the DPS.

    For healing, the question is... would you get enough extra healing out of it... that you wouldn't have been better off just casting another Vile Spores instead?

    X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 PM.

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    Yup Torture changed recently.

    It's... OK... but the 3% extra may not be worth the GCD. It really only works out if the target stays alive for the 20 seconds in order to get the termination nuke for the DPS.

    For healing, the question is... would you get enough extra healing out of it... that you wouldn't have been better off just casting another Vile Spores instead?

    X
    Torture is also death damage and as such will not heal nearly as much when it expires. 3% isn't going to save your tank from dropping imho.

    Edited in: Imho, take Rock Slide in the Archon tree over either Opportunity or Neddra's. That Int really starts to stack up, especially when you're getting +25% Int from casting a life spell.
    Last edited by Arianna; 02-22-2011 at 01:17 PM.

  12. #12
    Telaran Kerrzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    Torture is also death damage and as such will not heal nearly as much when it expires. 3% isn't going to save your tank from dropping imho.

    Edited in: Imho, take Rock Slide in the Archon tree over either Opportunity or Neddra's. That Int really starts to stack up, especially when you're getting +25% Int from casting a life spell.
    The problem with Rock Slide is it's a channeled spell, so it's 6 seconds that you're not casting any heals. The "extra" point in Warlock is for the 6 point life tap spell. So I'd probably put it in Opportunity.

    The whole thing with Warlock vs Archon for me is, how annoying will it be to have to keep up half a dozen different buffs on myself and my party that all last only 5 minutes or less?

    I'd also like some clarification on Burning Purpose... does it really slow down my group's casting and melee speed? That seems very counter-productive.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrzhe View Post
    The problem with Rock Slide is it's a channeled spell, so it's 6 seconds that you're not casting any heals. The "extra" point in Warlock is for the 6 point life tap spell. So I'd probably put it in Opportunity.

    The whole thing with Warlock vs Archon for me is, how annoying will it be to have to keep up half a dozen different buffs on myself and my party that all last only 5 minutes or less?

    I'd also like some clarification on Burning Purpose... does it really slow down my group's casting and melee speed? That seems very counter-productive.
    Rock Slide is fantastic; It does make the first few pulls a nuisance, but once you have the 6 stack, you only need to Channel it for ~1.5 seconds to refresh the 6-stack. You don't need to re-channel the entire thing.

    Sacrifice Life : Mana is also unnecessary once you have Living Shell, Exhilaration and Leeching Flames; I can guarantee you will have absolutely no mana issues whatsoever, even upon being resurrected with little mana left.

    If you don't enjoy managing buffs/debuffs, yes, it is very annoying. It just gives you another thing to do every 5 minutes.

    No idea for Burning Purpose.

  14. #14
    Telaran Kerrzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    How long does the int buff from Rock Slide last? It doesn't say in the tooltip.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrzhe View Post
    How long does the int buff from Rock Slide last? It doesn't say in the tooltip.
    It's a 6-stack five minute buff on yourself. With a full Charge bar you can get all 6 stacks in one channel. So you're recasting it once for ~1.5 seconds every 5 minutes.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts