Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pyro Pve spec and rotation

Rift Disciple

Default Pyro Pve spec and rotation

Hey guys I'm here posting only as 42 pyro experience mage. This entire post is just my thoughts and any other thoughts or inputs are welcome of course . From what I was able to obtain through spells I feel as if pyro/archon is going to be the best 2 to put pretty much all points into. Although you could go with elementalist for more crit dmg, but IMO I feel you waste more points to get to talents you want in the elementalist tree than you do in the archon. The final build for lvl 50 would look something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...o0M.ecxI0ucuxo This allows you for the most dmg because you will always have 4 archon buffs on you and your raid members and allows all your buffs to be instant casts and cost no mana. So thats 16% more dmg and 8% of reduced cast time of all spells with the 4 buffs on. You also get a raid wide mana regen 5 minute cd. You also get 2 AWESOME debuffs to be applied to bosses. One is called crumbing resistance which increases all magical dmg by 7% for 5 minutes and Lingering Dust which decreases melee and casting speed of the enemy by 10% for 5 minutes and increases the mages casting speed by 10% for 5 minutes. Now for the rotation I felt as doing this one was pretty viable and felt like some really good DMG was coming from me and you will be using pyromancer armor always. Apply your ground of power always. Apply your two 5 min debuffs to the boss. Start off with countdown-flamebolt-fireball until full charge and then witheringflames-countdown-flamebolt-heatwave repeat opening. This is basically what you would open up with and in order to deal with procs you would always use cinderburst when pyromancer armor procs. Always use your smoldering power at full charge every CD. Mana was seeming like a pain sometimes. The last proc to look out for would be your wildfire and IMO try to save charges to pop your Internalized Charge before you burst out the 3 free flamebolts. If this sounds kind of confusing it really isn't once you get the opening sequence up and get comfortable with using you charges properly with procs. Once boss is at 35% Inferno takes priority before any other spell cast. Again this is all just a basic idea of how I played/feel pyro mages will play out. Really loving this game and any comments or corrections are greatly appreciated. Basically you will be casting fireball the entire time using countdown on every CD flambolt on every cd as well as when wildfire procs cinder blast when pyromancer armor procs before flamebolt and wildfire procs and always use your witheringflames at full charge along with Internalized charge with wildfire procs.
    Last edited by Zeenat; 02-21-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Telaran

i would of put one in Leeching flames instead of Mental Flare

Rift Disciple

Yeah that one looks good just preference I'm sure when it comes to that one. I don't know exactly what other classes have some type of mana regen so I figure taking mental flare can't be to bad.

Rift Disciple

This build also gives you the most mana tools/regen I believe.

Telaran

Wouldn't it be more useful to Drop Dom which you shouldn't need as a DPS character, grab Warlock and free up enough to get atleast 6 into Warlock for the life tap, there's your unlimited mana as long as you have a Healer popping AoEs which Warden seems to be the typical PvE healer.

I was actually able to free up 7 points so I could grab the 4% chance Opportunity. I kept 32 in Pyro but I haven't ever tried Pyro so I don't know what is a better Charge dump, Wither Heat or Internalize Charge. If Internalize is better you could drop down to 31 Pyro and grab 6% Opportunity.

I do like this concept, it strays away from the typical Pyro/Elementalist spec that everyone rolls with since it is supposedly getting nerfed.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....ec0c0ucuto.xb

Rift Disciple

And lose out on my heatwave and extra dmg from my ground of power? No thanks. Only thing I see viable coming from those points spent in the warlock tree is the sacrifice life and possibly the extra charge build from spells, but from all the mana talents I have already picked up it will not be a issue to waste an entire global cooldown (possible a couple in a row) to get mana back. Trying it with those points in lock tree drops me from doing another 5% dmg from all my fire spells. I am curious to see how mana works out though in lvl 50 raids because being able to take that extra charge talent and opportunity will be nice to replace them with. As for the charge dump I think Internalized is the best dump really when you have your wildfire proc because without it you get about 2 fireballs maybe with the dmg boost and lucky cinder procs in between.
    Last edited by Zeenat; 02-21-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Telaran

For some reason that link is bugged my build still has Heatwave in it, 32 points in Pyro. The only thing I dropped is smoldering power buff, which is a waste of charge so why talent to make it more powerful?

So you gain Opportunity procs which are a DPS booster, yes you use a GCD for Sac Life, but it's better than running out of mana. I haven't played a Pyro spec yet but I've seen videos of some of the 40+ guys and they EAT their power. You don't need to spam Sac Life just learn to weave it into your Rotation to keep your mana as close to full as possible.

Also I don't know how important Ground Power will be. As it stands now running even the lowbie instances most of the fights require you to move around just seems like a waste of a Cast to drop it and have to move out of it in 2 casts.

I'm curious about the 5% dmg loss, if you mean dropping Lockdown it's a 5% increase for 8s, on a 45s CD. You are trading that for a 4 or 6% (if you drop Withering Heat) chance to proc instant cast spells which is passive and requires no activation. Pretty fair trade. Also you gain a guaranteed way to regen mana.

I'm thinking of rolling with this build for endgame:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uchto.xx0G0qVx

Rift Disciple

You have never played a pyro mage then past lvl 10 if you are thinking of not taking 5/5 smoldering. It is a must and the 5% dmg comes from talenting it into your imp ground of power and ground of power increases my dmg 10% (15% with it imp ground of power) and takes 1 sec to drop so yeah I'm going to be standing in it wherever I am. With imp smoldering thats 95% reduced mana cost on my next 8 spell casts every minute along with 100% mana regen from standing in my imp ground of power.
    Last edited by Zeenat; 02-22-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default personally

i prefer pyro to help archon instead of vice versa, i went with
    30warlock/5pyro/31 archon, id link but for some reason the archon wont save past 12 pts. but essentially from warlock you get, 3% inc spell dmg for 30 seconds, 5/5 oppertunity, 25% charge, life=>mana, 10%spell damage 10% total dmg, from archon you get group buffs and decent damage abilities, and pyro you get 20% faster fire casts and 5% crit from warlock

also got the link to work
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....A0soRbmVzMz.x
    and with changes ill probably drop 4%firse haste for flaring power
    Last edited by roflwafflebbq; 02-22-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yeah that looks like a really nice warlock spec. I'm just wanting to play pyro really bad at first end game because so far I've had alot of fun with it and I played a fire mage in wow for 4 years.

Shadowlander

@ OP:
    I'm gonna roll with a similar build except i'm gonna go with the whole Burning Bonds line, i can really see it being strong and in some cases OP. Especially once you get Unbreakable Bonds.
    For my third soul i'm not quite sure yet, but i'm definately going Pyro with a touch of Archon. I love the synergy between the 2 souls.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenat View Post
    Yeah that looks like a really nice warlock spec. I'm just wanting to play pyro really bad at first end game because so far I've had alot of fun with it and I played a fire mage in wow for 4 years.
    oppertunity is still a very strong choice in most builds imo. id look into the changes for archon btw, they r getting some nice switches, might wanna go arch32/pyro22-24/lock10
    but i am a charge/instant cast ***** so its all opinion
    Last edited by roflwafflebbq; 02-22-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yes I'm really praying mana isn't as big a issue at 50 than I think it's going to be because picking up that extra charge and opportunity has to be a great dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenat View Post
    Yes I'm really praying mana isn't as big a issue at 50 than I think it's going to be because picking up that extra charge and opportunity has to be a great dps boost.
    If you go deep enough into lock to grab opportunity you are set. 6 points in lock gets you sacrifice life: mana, and that by itself solves all your mana problems. The various mana efficiency talents in pyro become more or less optional after that, although they probably could save you some global cooldowns you'd spend on sac life.

The biggest problem I have with pyro is the lack of in combat mana regen. You will go hard oom in 5 minutes even with potting and the various efficiency talents. It's adequate for 5 mans, but I find it impossible to do any kind of extended invasion boss fight without help from outside the pyro tree. And lock is a great support tree for pyro anyways for other reasons. (Oddly enough, it's a great support tree for a lot of builds because it has many non spell school limited damage modifiers. It's almost the only mage tree that synergizes this way with the others.)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast