+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro Maniac!

Default Pyro Maniac!

We do get better with our DPS, however it`s still surprisingly low compared to some other souls of other classes. Like VK for example, does as much DPS as we do, has double the HP, and can heal themselves. Just a big lol. So as I said, we do get better with the DPS as we level up, if anyone was concerned, however it`s not enough DPS compared to other classes,... and on top of that, our survivability is pretty crap, which is usually suspected with a mage, but however, the silences/stuns in this game are ridiculously long that in that time mages are most likely to die, which means that most of the time, we are doomed to die (I`m a guy that actually survives alot, but just gets frustrated when I get into one of those situations where you can`t do anything about it, and just get your 3k HP drained within 5 seconds by 1 person)

The following screenshot is just to show that I`m a mage, and is QQing for obvious reasons, even though I`m one of the top of the mage branch (sorry to be so cocky, but just trying to prove a point). (If you`re wondering what the screenshot shows, it`s being the first on the shard to get 5000 kills).

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7...1218183617.jpg

ps. Also if anyone has any questions about the class, feel free to ask.

Plane Touched

congratz

i was one of those kill, you killed me yestarday whit a 2 critc row 1,7k 1k boom dead xD

Seriously using the name rickrolled?

This is why i picked this picture for the forums, so I can accurately express my feelings towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_19 View Post
    Seriously using the name rickrolled?

This is why i picked this picture for the forums, so I can accurately express my feelings towards you.
    I`m not a very creative guy when it comes to names. And for the past 10 years of MMO gaming, I`ve only used tHeUnBeAtAbLe, RickRolled or RandomNoob. Since you can`t capitalize the names here after the first letter, I felt like going with it.

I just find it funny how someone cares about name tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavien View Post
    i was one of those kill, you killed me yestarday whit a 2 critc row 1,7k 1k boom dead xD
    And yeah I do some pretty decent damage . Sometimes I have the double damage, which makes it crit for that much more, but even without it, it`s still pretty good damage ;). Survivability on the other hand is a whole different story for us mages.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6...1121925812.jpg

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/6...1121932730.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8...1121941735.jpg

Yes I am a pyro to and noticed our high DPS, even though just about no one knows how high we are in DPS. We are very good in that area with cinder burst and fire blast w/ wildfire on..

As far as survivability like you said we are weak and CC is the biggest hit on us...pyro has a nice stun with flashfire (2 seconds to yourself 5 to the enemy) which allows us to proc wildfire and cinder a little earlier and easier. At level 44 with ground of strength I can see survivability changing a bit, throw that down and you have immunity to ALL CC, recieve 30% less damage, and do a 2 second stun at a 30% rate for EVERY damaging spell you cast. But no one will be able to tell exactly how efficient that is until release, and if the enemy will be smart enough to tell you are standing in the ground while trying to attack you in range of the fireballs and blasts that are stunning them from escaping

Rift Chaser

too bad Tempest is being moved to tier 6.
    us pyros wont have access to it anymore.
    once i got pyro to 25 is when i started to notice things get a lot better. by the time i was in my 30's i was decided on THIS as my class.
    but the Tempest move has got me seriously reconsidering...

Where are you guys reading this? I tried googling for any type of alpha notes, but nothing comes up.

Nice i'm going pyromancer to

Plane Walker

Just do a google search for 'rift alpha leak', you will find patch notes.

Tempest is moving to tier 6 and will be a 3 point ability as opposed to 5. Elementalist will be getting some interesting new skills as well, but it still makes me very sad to lose tempest since I only plan on going 22 deep into ele for the pet that levels to 50 and fiery assault. My other 44 points are going straight to pyro!

(I'm currently level 26.)

Rick- I recently rolled a mage in open beta 7, and I am loving that if I play right as pyro, I'm a level 12 killing or almost killing 17s and 18s. I would like to know what your build is because I'm really impressed by your strong PvP. If you could PM me or just post it here, I would be very excited. (:
    Last edited by Cheddar Puma; 02-19-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    When life gets you down . . . make a comforter.
    Jake - Sacred Fire - Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar Puma View Post
    Rick- I recently rolled a mage in open beta 7, and I am loving that if I play right as pyro, I'm a level 12 killing or almost killing 17s and 18s. I would like to know what your build is because I'm really impressed by your strong PvP. If you could PM me or just post it here, I would be very excited. (:
    I`m currently lvl 40, something like 90%, but too lazy to level to 42, cause it will be wiped anyways in 2 days. But this is what my build would have looked like at 42.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...t.efzcuusuzo.x

However at 50, it`s going to look a bit different, as I would be adding pretty much all the rest of the points into arch mage, and would be going this build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cuusuzo.xx0R0c

here you can read about the alpha note.

http://leakerz.net/wp/2011/02/18/rif...-alpha-27-8-a/

where it says they going to move tempest to tier 6, i feel really disapointed.

And by the way, why not 4 in elemental link and 1 point in Ice Shield?
    Last edited by Cold arroW; 02-19-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold arroW View Post
    here you can read about the alpha note.

http://leakerz.net/wp/2011/02/18/rif...-alpha-27-8-a/

where it says they going to move tempest to tier 6, i feel really disapointed.

And by the way, why not 4 in elemental link and 1 point in Ice Shield?
    That`s actually very disappointing. However I don`t think I will have anything to worry about, I think I might already have another build in mind... even though it still will be less DPS.

As for Ice Shield and Exposure... not worth the points compared to what you can have in arch mage later on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast