+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Leveling Combo Questions

Default Mage Leveling Combo Questions

I love playing spellcasters but with all these soul choices i just cant seem to decide what would be most effecient/effective for leveling.Im leaning lock/necro but as for 3rd soul im not sure what to pick,but if lock/necro is a little more Pvp minded then i dont want it,Im strictly PvE atm,and would like some input.Ive played the last 3 betas and im just trying to figure out what i plan on main rolling on release,Appreciate your input.

They say Lock/Necro/Chloro is the way to go for PvE leveling. I'd say so too, but right now I'm trying out Ele/Pyro/Lock for funsies.

They all could be used efficiently, but I'm pretty sure lock/necro is the fastest in terms of downtime (as they have mana and health regens). That being said, don't pick a support class for your main spec - dom, archon, chloro, or whatever. Not for low level PvE solo leveling.

Pick a class you enjoy the most and you'll find yourself swimming through quests =] find a class you don't like so much, and time will go by slowly. It's all on how you perceive things.

JUST MY 2 CENTS.

Yeah thats what i figured after really looking through the builds talents,I found myself putting 51 into lock and 5 into necro so far,and thats the combo I REALLY wanna play anyhow (its evil so i like it) thanks for the input, i appreciate it !

You may want to take a look at this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...emental-Chloro

i tried that combo though prob not far enough and it seemed underpowered but like i said I sont think I gave it a fair chance,plus i just like the idea of a necrolock (its sooo EVIL !) but i will reconsider giving it another shot.THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson86 View Post
    i tried that combo though prob not far enough and it seemed underpowered but like i said I sont think I gave it a fair chance,plus i just like the idea of a necrolock (its sooo EVIL !) but i will reconsider giving it another shot.THANKS
    oh iīm absolutly not for the ele/chloro build. in the thread i posted for you, i was giving my experience on a necro/lock build. And i agree with you, itīs not only evil, itīs fantastic too ;)

necro/lock does seem to be the spec of choice - myself included - or either of the pet souls (necro and elemental) mixed with anything.

Since you said you are focusing on PVE, then for leveling you could really take any offensive soul combined with chloromancer and be pretty effective. You will have the offense in whatever soul you like as well as some decent self heals. You might not be the fastest, but not the slowest either. I would suggest picking the soul that appeals to you the most, mix a bit of chloro, and finish with a Dom soul chaser (0 pt squirrel) and you are all set.

Enjoy the leveling, don't worry about being the fastest leveling spec. You can always spec to something else for groups/pvp/whatever.

Im glad you guys sided with me lol.I was REALLY looking forward to playing the Necrolock.THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

+ Reply to Thread