+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Healer?

Default Mage Healer?

I realize I could probably find some info on this with a search, and I did do a little searching. But I figured that older posts may be unreliable with so many changes, and I am just looking for a quick answer to a couple questions.

First off, is mage healing even viable to be a main healer in dungeons? especially later ones?

And if so, obviously Chloromancer is the main one, but which goes with it? I was thinking Archon/Dominator, since I dont really care about damage all that much.

Can anyone offer any advice? Or even tell me if I'm wasting my time and should just go cleric?

Thanks for any help.

Soulwalker

Yes chloros can main heal. If you go to the cleric forums they are complaining that chloros out heal them so much. Once you get to mid 20s, you can solo heal no probs. But before that I wouldn't try it.
    Last edited by The Philsoopher; 02-15-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by The Philsoopher View Post
    Once you get to mid 20s, you can solo heal no probs. But before that I wouldn't try it.
    False. I've mainhealed Fae with no problems at all at level 17.
    The only problem is the lack of a rez before level 20. That's been submitted as an annoyance - I hope they lower it to level 16 or somesuch.

Also: Read and memorize this post:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post1059271
    Last edited by Glandur; 02-16-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    I realize I could probably find some info on this with a search, and I did do a little searching. But I figured that older posts may be unreliable with so many changes, and I am just looking for a quick answer to a couple questions.

First off, is mage healing even viable to be a main healer in dungeons? especially later ones?

And if so, obviously Chloromancer is the main one, but which goes with it? I was thinking Archon/Dominator, since I dont really care about damage all that much.

Can anyone offer any advice? Or even tell me if I'm wasting my time and should just go cleric?

Thanks for any help.
    Yes, perfectly viable. I solo healed King's Breach a couple of times last night with no issues.

There have been very few chloro changes, older posts are still perfectly viable. See link in my sig or just the massive "Can chloro main heal" thread that's usually on the first page of this forum.

As far as secondary the 2 most popular ones are either Warlock or Archon. Good argument has also been made for Necro. With recent change to Elementalist, that may a possibility too.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

i chose ele as my 3rd soul since i wont be dps'ing at all when in chloro form, otherwise i would have gone with warlock and ele > necro since you can gain some extra crit % right off the bat, you only use it to lvl up with the pet anyways...

also since the beginning of time cloth healers outheal plate healers, this is a fact that every game that has had cloth healers has adhered too, it is no accident that chloros are better healers than clerics.

Prophet of Telara

This beginner's Chloro post is still accurate as of Beta 7 afaik. Based around Warlock as the easiest and purest in terms of chloro healing game-play.

The Elementalist change to exposure is nice and all... but there's still no in-combat mana regen in the Ele tree until 32 points - which tends to be a key 2nd soul factor at least until level 20. Even then, although living shield can deliver a lot of mana - it's on a long cool-down and you only have to take a hit or two for it to fail... leaving you with mana problems. I think most people will stick with a mana regen soul.

Ele Air pets do offer the ability to add good extra DPS to the Chloro, without getting in the way of healing casting though. That adds a lot to group contribution when the Chloro is primary healing. Perhaps at higher levels we'll see people taking 6 in Warlock and the rest of the extra points in Ele? And with that build the Air ele also buffs your Spell Power which can't hurt.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    also since the beginning of time cloth healers outheal plate healers, this is a fact that every game that has had cloth healers has adhered too, it is no accident that chloros are better healers than clerics.
    uhm.. not really true. Plate and Chain healers in EQ2 (made by same game director as Rift) outheal the leather healers 99% of the time.

Also, Chloros aren't better healers than Clerics. Both can heal effectively. Better depends on situation. This is as it should be.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Thank you guys, I thought there were more changes made, I'll read the threads/posts.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread