+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro Zealot and I guess other pets too...Whats the verdict on the change?

Soulwalker

Default Necro Zealot and I guess other pets too...Whats the verdict on the change?

So I did not parse damage in the earlier betas. But I see just as the patch notes say my zealots attack number stat is alot more...more than double that it was in beta6 etc but the skills themselves have numbers that are significantly less (just as the patch notes explained). I just tried to fool around a bit on a few mobs and to me it seems like they lost damage but this maybe because I don't see the big numbers but the small swings are hitting for more. Does anyone have dmg numbers from before and now (parses or whatever) that they can let us know what the real outcome of the change was? Are we about even? did we lose zealot dmg etc? Actually my knight pet's skill don't really seem to be lower on the skill and he got the attack boost...not sure why but not complaining.

The zealot lost a large amount of dmg, so did the mage pet. The knights looks unchanged. Ranger pets dmg went down too, druid pets dmg got a huge buff. The atk on my satyr pet at 31 is higher than my 35 zealot or raptor by far, almost double. Elementalist water pets dmg got cut almost in half too. Theoretically all of this will be a good thing though, having it better scale with gear so *eventually* it will be a buff. But for mid lvl with average gear like most people are right now it was a big time nerf.
    Last edited by Relair; 02-16-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Ya thatís what I felt but wasn't sure if the tiny numbers made up for it as reg hits are hitting a little harder. My blood skill is hitting 112 instead of 192 with all the debuffs etc on...and by the time they are well mob is dead anyways. However, end game raiding at least it can improve and not lead to a stagnant pet...though I agree with you I feel I lost alot mid game.

+ Reply to Thread