+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE: Out of Mana issues

Default PVE: Out of Mana issues

Does anyone have any recommendations for out of mana issues for Pyro/Stormcaller/ELementalist?

I have 22 in pyro, 10 in storm, 4 in dom.

I don't remember having this much of a problem with mana in the previous beta
    --------------------------------------------
    IGN: Lainey | Aion - Zikel - 53 Sorc | Rift - Deepstrike - 50 Mage R6
    ~How does it feel to be PVPd by a girl~
    Final Boss is recruiting: Recruitment Thread | Apply on our site

Are you using Smoldering Power every chance you get? Stormcaller also lost the group mana/energy regen buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Are you using Smoldering Power every chance you get? Stormcaller also lost the group mana/energy regen buff.
    AHH that's the thing that was lost, the group mana regen buff...ugh =(

i have to get used to spamming smoldering all the time.

ty
    --------------------------------------------
    IGN: Lainey | Aion - Zikel - 53 Sorc | Rift - Deepstrike - 50 Mage R6
    ~How does it feel to be PVPd by a girl~
    Final Boss is recruiting: Recruitment Thread | Apply on our site

Rum
    Soulwalker

<sigh> ..... great. That charge regen was actually useful and not overpowering. Another short end of stick for mages once again.

While I agree that Mages getting nerfed is kinda rediculous at this point. Its not the end of the world, mages still have atleast 3 souls with mana regen abilities.
    Originally Posted by Kalvix
    Omg stop with this crap! WoW is a clone of EQ and earlier MMOs and completely ripped off all their ideas if you want to put it like that! also the entire warcraft idea is a rip off of warhammer! blizzard tried to buy the rights to warhammer from games workshop failed then made starcraft and warcraft and somehow didn't get sued! So if anything is a clone is WoW! its a huge clone rip off of warhammer which copied lotr which copied folk lore!

Rift Chaser

archon, dom, necro, lock...

In addition to spamming Smoldering Power, Revitalize in Elementalist is good for mana issues. Use that first after a battle to top off your mana, then Smoldering Power the rest.

This still doesn't help with the long drawn out battles, but it's a godsend for series of smaller battles. I never ran out of mana except for those drawn out fights, or just being careless.

Champion of Telara

Just 8 spec in to warlock.. you get infinite mana that way

Shadowlander

Default Mana Issues

Put some points into smoldering and you can cast it in combat (with 5 points you get it every minute) 8 spells/minute at almost free shoudl assist with mana issues. I used archon to assist as well and having the 2.5% spell crit return coupled with a 30%+ crit fireball after pyro/ele crit buffs and mixed with smoldering in combat use means mana is no longer an issue. I find I don;t even use revitalize after most combats now and instead opt for a 8 spells for almost free buff instead which kills most mobs and leaves you full for another 8 spells for free which...you get the idea
    Last edited by furfang; 02-16-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I honestly don't understand why they had to completely remove Recharge. They could have easily left it as a self-only 15% mana regen.... removed the improved Recharge and then added the other new abilities alongside it.

I can perhaps understand them thinking that a raid-wide regen tool that does mana, power and energy was over the top... but they could have at least made it self only..

But hey... them's the breaks I guess.

X

Iri
    Champion

You'll need to off-spec into something with mana regen... just bad luck that the trees you run right now only have one talent among 'em. I run ele/lock/arch and never have mana issues for obvious reasons, and my chloro/arch heal spec has three different mana regen tools and stopped running out of mana - ever - around level 21. There's basically no reason to ever run out of mana given reasonable specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    You'll need to off-spec into something with mana regen... just bad luck that the trees you run right now only have one talent among 'em. I run ele/lock/arch and never have mana issues for obvious reasons, and my chloro/arch heal spec has three different mana regen tools and stopped running out of mana - ever - around level 21. There's basically no reason to ever run out of mana given reasonable specs.
    I think Mana regen requirements defining reasonable specs is a problem in-and-of itself.

There are already enough synergy issues w/ mages w/out making mana regen one of them.

+ Reply to Thread