+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro Pet

Default Necro Pet

I'm testing a Chloromancer- I wanted to test it out some solo before inflicting my newb self on a group, so I took necro as my third soul with no points (I figured later on, I could add in the necro heals, maybe). I took Warlock as the secondary for lifetap.

Now, I've been playing solo as an Elementalist, and I've noticed something about the necro pet. For some reason, it doesn't seem able to hold agro hardly at all, whereas my earth elemental pet was great at that.

Am I just doing something wrong? Do you need more points in the necro tree to make the pet able to hold agro?

Rift Disciple

the first necro pet is not a tank, where as the first elemental one is. the second necro pet though will hold aggro

Plane Touched

Necro pets really only work if you are using Necro spells. The second necro pet is the tank as has been said but for him to do the extra threat you must have the necro DoT up. Additionally the second necro pet's damage is reliant on consuming Deathly Callings as well. If you want a pet for your Chloromancer go with Elementalist.

That clears it up. I didn't expect the first pet to not be a tank. Guess I'll respec to Elementalist for now- won't have the points to spend in 3rd soul for a while, anyway

Thanks for the infos!!

+ Reply to Thread