+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single Target Pyro Build

Telaran

Default Single Target Pyro Build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....Vp0t.xx0V0VVL

This build just kind of came to me for single target dps on raid and dungeon bosses. Thoughts and advice appreciated. And yes I know pyro's are a bit gimp right now but I can't fight the one inside dying to get out haha!

Soulwalker

See this is what I love about having four roles. At first I reviewed your pyro build and thought it looked sketchy, but then I realized with three other roles to handle diff situations this build is actually pretty bad ***. I like it dude, i might have to give it a go myself (already have a pyro/elem concept going but never thought to add warlock to it for some reason.)

Telaran

Well after toying a bit last night I realized another point should taken out of Pyromancer's Armor and into Burning Bright. I forgot the whole 1 armor at time restriction.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....Vx0t.xx0V0VVL
    Last edited by Bojmir; 02-16-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm not quite sure why you would put so many points into Warlock, you get the same effects the tree gives you down the road by just putting more points into Pyro and improved exposure. It also synergizes a LOT better when most of your damage is coming from the pyro spells, since they all work off of Fire Armor
    "Cowards die many time before death; the valiant never taste of death but once."

Shut up about the Queue, leave the server.

Why not drop warlock and put 5 points into archon for 5% fire dmg, more points into pyro as thats your main and the fact your missing improved ground of power for extra 5% dmg and your missing improved smoldering power, then the goodies from ele with improved exposure for 5% more dmg and of course ice shield for them "Ohh ****" moments.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Izuchxo.Vtxt.V

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Telwynne View Post
    I'm not quite sure why you would put so many points into Warlock, you get the same effects the tree gives you down the road by just putting more points into Pyro and improved exposure. It also synergizes a LOT better when most of your damage is coming from the pyro spells, since they all work off of Fire Armor
    You actually don't get the same amount of buff to your damage per point as you do with those top tier points in lock. One is adding straight 2% damage increase per point as opposed to .6% in pyro and then there's the 1 point for 2% spellpower. Even if you were to get the improved ground talents for the 5% buff plus the .6% per point you still lose out on the math unless I'm doing it wrong.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bojmir View Post
    You actually don't get the same amount of buff to your damage per point as you do with those top tier points in lock. One is adding straight 2% damage increase per point as opposed to .6% in pyro and then there's the 1 point for 2% spellpower. Even if you were to get the improved ground talents for the 5% buff plus the .6% per point you still lose out on the math unless I'm doing it wrong.
    Improved Warlock Armor has a 5% deficit to overcome since it's not Fire Armor. Right now you're spending 4 points to get a 3% increase in dps.

+ Reply to Thread