+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro/Warlock PVE build

Default Chloro/Warlock PVE build

Here is my planned build for healing as a Chloromancer:

Chloromancer/Warlock

The instant cast Lock abilities will be spammed in an appropriate order any time I'm forced to move during a fight, thus granting me additional healing while on the move, especially if flourish/bloom are on cooldown.

The Lock's increase to dot damage and spell crit synchronizes nicely with Chloro's abilities, and the chance to proc instant cast spells will also add a bit of additional healing.

Magical Affinity ensures a decent amount of charge regen while Sacrifice Life: Mana ensures a steady supply of mana with self healing topping me up.

Nedra's might provides a decent raid buff.

Fear, Wither and Transmogrify provide decent CC options while Shadow Life provides a very nice instant self healing cooldown.

Any thoughts on my build? As soon as I'm home from work I intend to starting working on it in game
    The gates of Auschwitz were not opened with peace talks. Holland was not liberated by peacekeepers and fascism was not defeated with a deft pen - Rick Mercer

Rift Chaser

Just to let you know, that talent planner is from a couple of patches ago, itdosent display the right stuff now at all.

if you're gonna go 22 points max in warlock, you should drop the points in shadow life and draining bolt and put them into Dark Power. 4% more damage is 4% more healing. You don't need any self-heals from the warlock side if you have 44 points in chloro.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

I considered the 4% bonus to damage, and may still go that way, or even just 2%.

A lot will depend on whether having cooldowns will be more important that having higher healing overall, especially since with Sacrifice Life: Mana, any self healing cooldowns also = more mana.

If I find that tanks are generally able to keep aggro on all the nasty stuff, and that there aren't any abilities in PVE that frequently leave me starving for both mana and health, then the 4% damage increase is definitely the way to go.

To the first responder: I've noticed a number of changes between the latest beta and the soul calculator I was using, but I can't find a more up to date version, and the talents are close enough that I'm able to guestimate my specs fairly well. If you know of a newer version I'd love a link! =)
    Last edited by Tetragrammaton; 02-16-2011 at 09:42 AM.
    The gates of Auschwitz were not opened with peace talks. Holland was not liberated by peacekeepers and fascism was not defeated with a deft pen - Rick Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I considered the 4% bonus to damage, and may still go that way, or even just 2%.

A lot will depend on whether having cooldowns will be more important that having higher healing overall, especially since with Sacrifice Life: Mana, any self healing cooldowns also = more mana.

If I find that tanks are generally able to keep aggro on all the nasty stuff, and that there aren't any abilities in PVE that frequently leave me starving for both mana and health, then the 4% damage increase is definitely the way to go.

To the first responder: I've noticed a number of changes between the latest beta and the soul calculator I was using, but I can't find a more up to date version, and the talents are close enough that I'm able to guestimate my specs fairly well. If you know of a newer version I'd love a link! =)
    I have to agree with Arieste on this. if the healing you get from lifegiving veil isn't enough, I doubt draining bolt will help.

So this is what I have came up with for my level 50 build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...EdhuoAIkR.xx0V

Large amount of hitpoints great mana return high intelligence for mana pool spell power and spell crit. Some crowd control to help bring either mage mobs to the group or transmogrify targets.

+ Reply to Thread