+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Souls - Not all of them need to be buffed

Default Mage Souls - Not all of them need to be buffed

IMO, only a few of the mage souls need to be buffed, not all of them. I am just wondering if you guys agree or disagree. From what I read on the forums, it seems like many mages want every soul to be reworked or buffed.

The souls I think are fine and why:

Chloromancer - Deals decent damage and good heals.
    Dominator - An amazing support soul that does this job perfectly.
    Archon - Great Support soul with buffs/debuffs that go perfect with any PvE group.
    Necromancer - Great pet class with some good survival and nice damage capabilities while staying far away from the action.
    Stormcaller - Great damage capabilities when used properly, perfect example of risk vs reward because they drop fast when they are caught off guard.
    Elemental Summoner - Good pet damage with decent survival from talents for the mage and his pet. Water pet gets a snare and root.

Souls that need to be buffed and why -

Warlock - DoT damage is still sub par, even with crit damage. Warlocks have to spend too much time standing still casting with little survivability for their lower than average damage. AoE spells are countered by a single group heal in PvP.
    Pyromancer - Their damage is a joke for a class with very little survivability. Everyone can break out of roots and become immune to them for long enough to drop a pyro before he can get off anything besides a couple instants.

EDITED: Talked into moving Elemental Summoner to the Balanced list, since the pet can be buffed to survive and has the ability to do good damage and snares with the right talents.
    Last edited by Albane; 02-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.

i have played almost every role now .. i honestly cant fully complain about any of them .. the only thing i hate .. is how quickly i die .. i roll lock/chloro/necro mainly .. and even with that amount of self healing .. 2-3 targets .. i cannot take even with poping full cooldowns .. i am still only level 21 tho .. maybe it gets better as you level .. but currently with the high aggro radius of mobs .. even at low level .. its hard to just fight one mob sometimes .. and anything more than that generally rapes mah face

Telaran

meh...i realy dont know about elemental summoner being bad since force of nature increases pet's damage by 2% per point in the soul...thats 102% increase in damage of the pet at level 50, crystaline missle gives another debuff that increases the elemental's damage vs the target by 50%, the main problem is people dont actualy try the class and find ways of making them good, archon is a good pvp class since its debuffing enemies and buffing yourself and allies, i haven't looked at warlock much at all but the pyromancer's heatwave ability is in my opinion on the verge of overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Etgfrog View Post
    meh...i realy dont know about elemental summoner being bad since force of nature increases pet's damage by 2% per point in the soul...thats 102% increase in damage of the pet at level 50, crystaline missle gives another debuff that increases the elemental's damage vs the target by 50%, the main problem is people dont actualy try the class and find ways of making them good, archon is a good pvp class since its debuffing enemies and buffing yourself and allies, i haven't looked at warlock much at all but the pyromancer's heatwave ability is in my opinion on the verge of overpowered.
    The problem with Archon for PvP is you have to assume you will be using an assist train on your target with a decent group. This means that your debuffs are going to take you 10 seconds of casting to drop a target as soon as you finally get them debuffed. You would be better off spamming heals on your group or CCing other targets. I guess the Archon buffs will be nice to make your group that much better, which could balance out.

Elemental summoner could be good, if it wasn't for the fact that your pet will be useless as soon as a warrior/rogue decides to kill it, or a mage decides to cc it. Then you are stuck with a very weak dps soul and root as your only support spell.

For the person who talked about survival in PvP, I was doing pretty well with a Chloro/Elemental build to keep myself alive with the frost shield, bloom, ruin, flourish, and turtle when I needed to take some beating.

Telaran

archons shine in the large group battles where you use crumbling resistance on the healers or whoever needs to die first then switch target and use lingering dust on one of the healers or ranged damage classes, flowing sand on the warriors, get up to level 26 and get purging flames, then you got some serious ability to wreck havoc since cleansing flame will remove buffs from enemies which in my opinion is huge while still assisting any melee classes who are up front.

elementals are hard to kill once you get weathered, +50% elemental hp, but also at that point if they go kill your elemental then you just use fast summon to instant cast whatever elemental you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Etgfrog View Post
    archons shine in the large group battles where you use crumbling resistance on the healers or whoever needs to die first then switch target and use lingering dust on one of the healers or ranged damage classes, flowing sand on the warriors, get up to level 26 and get purging flames, then you got some serious ability to wreck havoc since cleansing flame will remove buffs from enemies which in my opinion is huge while still assisting any melee classes who are up front.

elementals are hard to kill once you get weathered, +50% elemental hp, but also at that point if they go kill your elemental then you just use fast summon to instant cast whatever elemental you want.
    I can see where this all can help for both PvP and PvE. So I will take Elemental Summoner off my list.

But I still feel like Warlock and Pyro could use a buff, since they are pure damage souls, without the damage.

+ Reply to Thread