+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel let down by beta notes???

Plane Walker

Default Anyone feel let down by beta notes???

All across the board I am heavily disappointed that Trion seemingly ignored the thousands "literally" of posts I read about Mages needing to be fixed. I guess we should all just be Warriors since they have more HP, More Armor, and do more damage.

That's Trions favorite and when devs favor a class then players might as well to.

Plane Walker

Also please no, not all mages are intended to be DPS posts...

You tell me how in any shape or form Archon is better at support than Bard, or Warlord..

Or how cholormancer can keep up with Cleric heals.

Then also tell me which mage class is even intended to keep up with handfuls of rogue/warrior dps classes. My ranged Rift blade can hit for near 300 a move while building his finisher then hit for 900 thats, something like this 300, 300, 300, 800! What spec are you doing to reach this damage as a mage?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    All across the board I am heavily disappointed that Trion seemingly ignored the thousands "literally" of posts I read about Mages needing to be fixed. I guess we should all just be Warriors since they have more HP, More Armor, and do more damage.

That's Trions favorite and when devs favor a class then players might as well to.
    um boo hoo? i play strictly mage and im completly content. ya there needss to be some tweaks here and there but ive held my own fine, ive actually led the way on multiple occasions. and if anything is op it isnt war its rogue.
    and why the hell wud chloro keep up with cleric. there not meant to be clerics theyre heavy support mage and as a secondary soul they are incredibly and i repeat incredibly self sufficient
    Last edited by sefaroth; 02-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.

awwwwwwwwww lets get some e-tissues to dry those e-tears.

mages are fine.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    awwwwwwwwww lets get some e-tissues to dry those e-tears.

mages are fine.
    change your e-****** while ur at it?
    wow thats not even a bad word hahaha
    Last edited by sefaroth; 02-15-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Plane Walker

There's no tears but I'm glad that makes you feel better. Please parse your dps results then if you can out damage my rift blade, p.s. what realm do you test on I'd love to see the proof that you can match play with warriors n rogues.

Soulwalker

There's no tears but I'm glad that makes you feel better. Please parse your dps results then if you can out damage my rift blade, p.s. what realm do you test on I'd love to see the proof that you can match play with warriors n rogues.
    i pvp all day and im usually top damage not to mention way less deaths with the range. plus with the inc movement charge spell from storm as well as artic blast FF etc if things get sticky im out of there in half a second.

Plane Walker

Top damage = nothing, you are probably getting healed through.

Let's see some screens, and take a look at your KB's

Soulwalker

i dnt ever join garden in a gr if i get healed its by pure coincedence wich someone being a war is mmuch more likely to have a cleric following them. and ill link u a sc as soon as i can get on my other comp in the house i jsut started using this 1

Rift Disciple

I have played in all the betas, and my mages seems to have been dumbed down a smidge, but nothing unplayable or make me look longingly at another calling. I agree there are tweaks to be made in some abilities and damage ratios.

My other thought is maybe its skill and the lining up of abilities as we don't get cool swords like warriors and leet dots like rogues to tell us to use a powerful finishing skill to pump out more damage Wish my chloro could heal like a cleric cause then i wouldn't have to roll one for raids, but them be the lumps I have to take to play my bad *** mage.

Why are you basing <lvl 50 Dmg on how a class should be buffed/nerfed?

Plane Walker

Sorry, I meant your damage is getting healed through and thus stacks up alot , Mine did this as well. Because you lack the power to actually finish someone off.

I love mages have since 1999 MMO. I'm just saying no mage build can possibly out play my riftblade. In PvE group dps or Warfront damge/KB's.

I was hoping a number of issues would be addressed such as Necromancers Empty the Crypts you believe nothing is wrong with this broken skill? There are a lot more issues but you can find them simply by reading the posts that make up most of the mage forums.

Plane Walker

Not just damage actually broken skills that were not addressed what so ever.

Also there is alot more to the game then end-game damage, otherwise why do you have to level 50 levels to get there? MIght as well play GW and start at max level if that's your only concern.

Also please no, not all mages are intended to be DPS posts...

You tell me how in any shape or form Archon is better at support than Bard, or Warlord..

Or how cholormancer can keep up with Cleric heals.

Then also tell me which mage class is even intended to keep up with handfuls of rogue/warrior dps classes. My ranged Rift blade can hit for near 300 a move while building his finisher then hit for 900 thats, something like this 300, 300, 300, 800! What spec are you doing to reach this damage as a mage?
    Maybe because they are not programmed to be glass cannon and the thousands of ******s wanting them to be are being ignored because... well they are ******s.

As pyro I was hitting cinder bursts for 700 critting for 1200.
    As chloro I was outhealing clerics
    As dom you have more CC then any other class in the game.
    Archon is a raid wide buffer vs a party wide one. With only 5 man instances it would seem bard is better atm.

Im sorry bad players want freebies. It isnt going to happen.
    Last edited by Pylo; 02-15-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

How many times does it have to be repeated? I guess a few more ...

1) Nobody has played a mage at cap yet.
    2) Class balancing is not realistic from 1-49 so don't get discouraged if at 35/25/15/etc. you feel gimped.

I'll reserve my views on the class overall until I've had proper time to play - that is, after launch, at cap, and plenty of time in both PvE and PvP. Until then, threads/posts complaining about the class as a whole seem pointless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast