+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with mage leveling souls.

Shadowlander

Default Help with mage leveling souls.

Im not looking for actual builds just what 3 souls. Im very confused. I was thinking Pyro/Elementalist/Stormcaller.. Is that viable or is there a better one? I wanna use pyromancer so something with it.
    "They screamed at me to stop, but it was too late, my blade had already pierced his heart."

Plane Touched

Pyro and Storm are pretty much mutually exclusive, they're both main damage souls that don't support each other. You need to cast a lot of fire spells or a lot of ice/electric spells to use the strength of each soul.

In beta-6 I solo leveled (PvE-ed) nicely with a Pyro (maximum points go in this one), Elemental (overflow of points go in this one) & Archon to level 18.

The Elementalist is needed for the tanking-pet; points into this tree all enhance my Pyro (except for the nice emergency shield)
    The Archon tree receives no points but gives some free abilities that debuff an opponent and buff yourself, both are fast casts and seemed to work quite well.

If you want to experiment with builds look at this URL http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/ but take in mind that the game is not released yet so everything is subject to change ;)
    Last edited by Potrov; 02-15-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Potrov View Post
    In beta-6 I solo leveled (PvE-ed) nicely with a Pyro (maximum points go in this one), Elemental (overflow of points go in this one) & Archon to level 18.

The Elementalist is needed for the tanking-pet; points into this tree all enhance my Pyro (except for the nice emergency shield)
    The Archon tree receives no points but gives some free abilities that debuff an opponent and buff yourself, both are fast casts and seemed to work quite well.

If you want to experiment with builds look at this URL http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/ but take in mind that the game is not released yet so everything is subject to change ;)
    i found using one role with storm for pvp is good then another role wit pyro/elem for pve. from my experience pyro is the strongest pve dps but not too great on cc deff need a good tank

as others have said, pointless pyro and storm, pick one, support it with ele/dom and your away
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    as others have said, pointless pyro and storm, pick one, support it with ele/dom and your away
    i use storm main and dom secondary for my pvp all my points into storm for beast power on the electric attacks and stacks and then i instant ping with neural prod from dom since it does air(electric) dam. with recharge on i nvr run out of mana and i can ping high dam very quickly. especially if i hit a crowd 3 or 4 times with forked lightning and give them 4 stacks. massive instant dam

Soulwalker

Ok this is primarily from memory so I may get some things wrong (if I do I know others will correct me)

Pyro - offensive soul, fire damage
    Ele - offensive soul, pet
    Necro - offensive soul, pet
    War - DoT's, aoe
    Dom - support soul, crowd control
    Chloro - healing soul, life damage
    Storm - support, aoe (air/water damage)
    Archon - support, buff/debuff, think it also has support for fire

What is your play style? Solo? Group? If you're solo you might want either Ele or Nec for the pet

Soulwalker

necro is bomb for solo the skele has great armor and pulls aggro off u very well

I did Storm/ Ele for Betas 5 and 6. I'm at lvl 27 for Beta 7. You choose what play stile you like. I don't know about Pyro, but Storm requires you to coordinate your attacks.

Have fun.

1-15 go with Warlock/Ele for the tank pet, void bolt spam, and mana/life regen in combat.

16-25 go with 16Necro/5Lock for the Void bolt spam, soul pure, tank pet, and mana/life regen.

26+ go with 20Warlock/13Chloro/6Ele for the AoE ownage and survivability with Radiant Spores, bloom and Frost Shield. Spam Devouring Shadow and save mortality for when you drop below 50%. Try not to pull more than 6 at a time.

+ Reply to Thread